Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It definitely looks way, way less cool than that Vegas Star Trek: The Experience thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Are there any books/comics/etc that are focused on Luke going off and exploring weird Force stuff? Whether it's seeking out old temples or artifacts or tracking down important holocrons or whatnot, or just having trippy visionquests in the jungle? If it's just one of a few storylines I'm fine with that, too.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'll check that out, I remember seeing a clip of it on YouTube. I'm far more interested in Legends content, though. The Disney stuff is way too antiseptic.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Heh. Ordered the old Han Solo/Lando books from a used bookstore online for nostalgia purposes. They just arrived alongside a copy of Heart of Darkness that I didn't order. I can only assume this was a scathing judgement on the part of the seller, saying "Please, for the love of god, read some real literature."

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah I tried YJK recently because they were my favorite series when I was a kid. Really couldn't deal with how they were written, though.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

jivjov posted:

Revisiting those books is weird AF for me because my dumbass named myself after a main character

I mean, I think we can all agree, Lowbacca is a great choice for a name.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Since we all seem to be enjoying dunking on Starcruiser, the lightsaber training looks awful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsLpI-lAfM4

Surely there's a more action-oriented version you could do while still maintaining safety?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The only multiplayer Star Wars game I'd buy is one where you can be in the weeds of ground combat, find a space ship, seamlessly fly to a battle happening in space above the planet, get shot down, crash land as you jetpack to safety, and seamlessly jump back into the ground combat battle. It's just baffling to me that Battlefront wasn't built for that from the ground up, seeing as how that was one of the main appeals of Battlefield 1942 twenty years ago. Every map should just be littered with clone NPCs and players who are jumping in and out of a plethora of vehicles. Less realism, more cartoon heroics.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, it's pretty illuminating and very well made. Definitely check it out if you're curious at all about the thinking and process behind SotE.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Which of those Lando books was your favorite? Hard for me to choose, but I'd probably have to say my top 5 were...

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

I loved the Indiana Jones feel of Lunarwilds. Voidwhispers of Oblibionia had a good spooky vibe that I loved.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Same, username at gmail!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Are there any Disney-era books that focus on the Space Western aspect of Star Wars? Everything I'm looking at seems to either be about the history of the Jedi or the rise and inner-workings of political factions.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

Aren't the villains of the 2nd arc literally called the diversity alliance? How ahead of the time to make an enemy of woke.

I miss the Empire being explicitly sexist and racist and speciesist. Aligning those values with a pure evil fascist dictatorship just made so much sense in the long-ago times of the 1990s.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

One thing I think is hilarious is that the reason Han and Lando fell out kept slipping backwards in the EU. The ESB explanation is hinted that it was over Han winning the Falcon. Then Crispin came in and made it about Han taking the blame after Bria ripped off the smugglers he got together for her. Then there was a comic where it was over some treasure they were both hunting. Then Scoundrels comes out, and it’s set between ANH and ESB, and Zahn has Lando mad about getting ripped off on a heist gone wrong. There certainly could be a multitude of reasons for them falling out but it’s always made out as the conclusive reason they’re not speaking to each other.

Zahn also has Kell Tainer meet Han, while Iron Fist or Solo Command establishes that they’ve never met before.

Clearly Chewie used to be Lando's best friend, then Han and Chewie started hanging out more and became besties. Lando felt left out and stopped hanging out with them. That sly "How you doin' Chewbacca?" was loaded with meaning.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Okay fine I'll read a nu-EU book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Spoiler: they aren't