Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Anyone ever read the first Star Wars spinoff novel Splinter of a Minds Eye? It starts with Luke really wanting to gently caress Leia and ends with him defeating Darth Vader. I think he falls into a pit or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

there's just too much star wars media out there. i don't even know if chewbacca is alive or dead anymore, let alone itchy, lumpy, and mala.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

yeah but they can bring anyone back and give them robot spider legs or a mohawk and a wheelchair so no one is ever really gone

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Arquinsiel posted:

I think it was clear that the relationship wasn't over though. They were going through a rough patch and just both kind of tried to fall back into their old patterns while giving each other space after something bad happened. Like I bet Chewie was sending weekly holo-messages to Leia keeping her posted and making sure Han had clean underwear or whatever.

I don't think that was clear.

I believe the canon is Han didn't like being tied down to Coruscant and he was insecure about growing older so he was always going on weekend trips with Chewbacca. Leia started to resent him from being absent all the time and also he was rapidly gaining weight on his weekend binges, so that just added to the mutual resentment. When Kylo was born it just got worse because Han couldn't handle the responsibility and also felt emasculated because he was a stay at home dad while Leia was working in the new senate. On the guise of it being best for all of them, they sent Kylo to the Jedi Academy but it was basically boarding school while mom and dad tried to rekindle their relationship. At this point Leia was no longer that attracted to Han plus he was suffering from ED, so she started to encourage him to go on longer trips with Chewie just to get him out of house. It wasn't long before she began having an affair with Admiral Ackbar. They had been having an emotional affair for a while it was only a matter of time before it got physical between her and the fishman that always listens. One day Han got home early from one of his trips and found them in bed together and that was it - Han could never forgive her for having an affair with a hideous squid-man and he would never not feel embarrassed or insecure about it. It wasn't long before Leia realized she wasn't that into Ackbar and he got weird and clingy. She ditched him pretty quickly and for months he wouldn't stop calling her, but then the First Order blew up Coruscant and she was filled with guilt.

Anyway I'm pretty sure that's canon.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

I mean, Bloodline establishes that even years before TFA, Han is basically never around to the point that it's explicitly stated that even some of her senator friends don't realize that Leia is even married. And that was before their son was a school shooter.

And thus she flung herself into the flippers of the first nice man who was always there despite all the red flags

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Didn't Ackbar actually die in one of EU books after he crashed a B-Wing into a government building? Maybe he survived. I never finished the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Akbar crashes his (sabotaged) B-Wing into a glass tower that acts as a religious wind-chime at the start of Dark Apprentice so he retires from the military to go into exile on Mon Calamari. Then he kicks Daala's rear end when she tries to attack the planet because he immediately recognizes her using Tarkin's battle strategies that Ackbar had already devised countermeasures against when he was Tarkin's slave.

Yeah that's it. I remember it being a glass tower. Now what's really weird is I had forgotten I even read the Jedi Academy trilogy but I definitely did at some point because I remember the part about Daala.