Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

looks like they're adding human enemies, which is surprising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I wonder if that chick with the Farrah hair is supposed to be a "Young Christine" skin for Mom, like how Ana in Overwatch has a young version.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Wanderer posted:

I wonder if that chick with the Farrah hair is supposed to be a "Young Christine" skin for Mom, like how Ana in Overwatch has a young version.

Yes that was confirmed on the Twitter. I assume she’ll have the same batty old lady voice which will be fun.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Yes that was confirmed on the Twitter. I assume she’ll have the same batty old lady voice which will be fun.

Cigarettes work wonders on a voice

And I feel like chain smoking since the age of six is 100% in line with mom’s character and her cancer diagnosis

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Pharmaskittle posted:

looks like they're adding human enemies, which is surprising

They all have glowing eyes so I'm thinking smart Ridden.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
So every time someone gets pinned by a sleeper a horde spawns, did I get that right?

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

BigglesSWE posted:

So every time someone gets pinned by a sleeper a horde spawns, did I get that right?

On Veteran or higher difficulties, yes. For a while, they only triggered hordes on Nightmare, but the June update re-added hordes for triggered sleepers on Veteran again.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I started playing veteran a few weeks back and they must’ve tweaked some numbers somewhere because suddenly regular rippers are really dishing out pain.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I believe a sleeper horde does not violate the "dont set off alarms" secondary objective...someone correct if I'm wrong

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It'll be interesting to see if human enemies with ranged weapons will actually be fun to fight in a game that has basically been guns against melee. I hope so!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I believe a sleeper horde does not violate the "dont set off alarms" secondary objective...someone correct if I'm wrong

It does not, nor does a reeker goo horde.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Kibayasu posted:

It'll be interesting to see if human enemies with ranged weapons will actually be fun to fight in a game that has basically been guns against melee. I hope so!

I wonder if they're going to implement the new enemies into pvp...

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I wonder if they're going to implement the new enemies into pvp...

This was my first thought when I saw the "human" enemies. The PVP multiplayer I think has been pretty unpopular so they might try to bring in a more Counterstrikey game mode or something.

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill
The new DLC is dropping tomorrow and it looks fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6ZLD7exr8k

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Been playing a bit and you can see the improvements. It's definitely worth everybody's time now.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Played the expansion with friends tonight. I really enjoyed the new maps, and the new enemies are certainly challenging.

The guys throwing the boomer bile (piss jars) are so loving effective and annoying! Also the big guys with the metal claws are pretty difficult to kill. Even on Veteran, they would just soak up rounds and keep coming.

The stationary enemy snipers are pretty ineffective though. Reminds me of the Combine snipers in Half Life 2. You can see them from a mile away and they are easy to kill.

While the fixed snipers are easily defeated, I found the snipers equipped with bow & arrow are far more difficult to engage. I wasted a lot of ammo killing them, but it was funny seeing teammates with arrows sticking out of them.

I think we all stepped in a bear trap at least once. Even though they are bright red and highlighted with a red outline as you approach, they are easy to overlook. Then SNAP! You aren’t going anywhere for a while.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

The Hambulance posted:

Played the expansion with friends tonight.

Awww, I guess I'm a friend. :3:

We might have gotten the Biggest rear end in a top hat Director for veteran or there might be a global difficulty bump. It was noticeably punishing and drat miserly when it came to weapons, copper, and mods.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The Hambulance posted:

Played the expansion with friends tonight. I really enjoyed the new maps, and the new enemies are certainly challenging.

The guys throwing the boomer bile (piss jars) are so loving effective and annoying! Also the big guys with the metal claws are pretty difficult to kill. Even on Veteran, they would just soak up rounds and keep coming.

The stationary enemy snipers are pretty ineffective though. Reminds me of the Combine snipers in Half Life 2. You can see them from a mile away and they are easy to kill.

While the fixed snipers are easily defeated, I found the snipers equipped with bow & arrow are far more difficult to engage. I wasted a lot of ammo killing them, but it was funny seeing teammates with arrows sticking out of them.

I think we all stepped in a bear trap at least once. Even though they are bright red and highlighted with a red outline as you approach, they are easy to overlook. Then SNAP! You aren’t going anywhere for a while.

This was pretty much my experience last night too. I played 1-4 on Veteran and it was slightly challenging.

Got strong Half Life 2 vibes from the boat level, and strong Vermintide 2 vibes from a couple others (arena ending, babysitting explosives on the mine cart). Really cool expansion so far. It seems tough to unlock cards

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
I did a nightmare run with pubbies and got lucky with people who didn’t talk but used the pings well enough to not be worthless. Made it all the way through. Act 5 is meh and samey. And to have a crazy Irishman be kinda bland is… disappointing.

Game still fun though and the changes seem to be largely good. And Dan has the best lines when he takes friendly fire, by far.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I take it the expansion isn't included with Game Pass? I'm not a frequent player but I load it up occasionally and it has its moments. Are the expansions worth a total of £18 roughly?

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 2, 2022

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
The expansions are good content but they're meant for multiple playthroughs. First expansion introduced a new currency and you need a fair number of runs to gather enough to unlock everything.

Second expansion added 5 or 6 new stages and new enemies. I haven't played the new stages yet but the new enemies are pretty fun/interesting/pain in the rear end

That's a good price for them imo, and like I said it's good content...but if you don't play often, I dunno

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill
You could always play with someone that already has the DLC. Only one person on the team needs to own the DLC to have the new content available and you can still get the rewards/currency when you don't own it.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

BonerKid posted:

You could always play with someone that already has the DLC. Only one person on the team needs to own the DLC to have the new content available and you can still get the rewards/currency when you don't own it.

I have no friends, so that's out unfortunately :emo:

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I have no friends, so that's out unfortunately :emo:

A bunch of us play regularly, come join us on the discord in the thread OP

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Dang, almost had a boner username hat trick there

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

BonerKid posted:

A bunch of us play regularly, come join us on the discord in the thread OP

Do I have to talk? I'm awful shy.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Do I have to talk? I'm awful shy.

I mean, I’m sure that you could find people good with that. It makes it a lot easier when everyone can quickly communicate, but the ping system is also pretty solid and lets you communicate without talking.

Also, you’re perfect just how you are, friend. You’ve got nothing to be shy about on SA.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

tehinternet posted:

I mean, I’m sure that you could find people good with that. It makes it a lot easier when everyone can quickly communicate, but the ping system is also pretty solid and lets you communicate without talking.

Also, you’re perfect just how you are, friend. You’ve got nothing to be shy about on SA.

That's a really nice thing to say, cheers! A 40 year old man shouldn't have to hear it but thank you kind goon.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If you mostly play offline then the big problem with the new DLC is that the part that lets you unlock the new cards and skins doesn't work in offline mode. A duffel bag spawns in almost every level of the new act but if you're offline they just don't show up. Don't know if that's a bug or what yet.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

That's a really nice thing to say, cheers! A 40 year old man shouldn't have to hear it but thank you kind goon.

I’m freshly 37, we’ve all got our hangups or things that we wish were different about ourselves.

If you start from a place of “I am good enough and this [ISSUE] doesn’t define me” you’ll be surprised where you can end up. Sincerely, best of luck to you, buddy.

Also back4blood owns and more people should play it

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It's a really good update with the glaring exception of the huge issue that the duffel bags not weighting the new cards is hell on RNG earth, especially since skull totem track and holiday item unlocks are in the pool alongside all the new cosmetics.

I like that I can get all this stuff in bags but the odds are real, real bad of getting any new cards for a very long time and that's terrible. Yes I got the worst of the new cards first and it's my only one so far, why

it's a temporary frustration but it's also one where I'm mystified this one made it to release as-is.

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 5, 2022

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Yeah I haven’t gotten any new cards yet, just some lovely weapons skins

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
we came back because we gave up, and imo all the improvements are quite big. drawing your entire deck makes the challenge much more even and lets you use your broken stuff out the gate. what's the meta shotgun, is it still the AA12? and weapons have colours now, should i be treating those with higher priority i can't remember that at all.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I got Expired T5 and it's hella fun dropping every common like Pepe LePew. I built a deck around it with speed cards. I imagine a nerf is incoming.

CoolCab posted:

we came back because we gave up, and imo all the improvements are quite big. drawing your entire deck makes the challenge much more even and lets you use your broken stuff out the gate. what's the meta shotgun, is it still the AA12? and weapons have colours now, should i be treating those with higher priority i can't remember that at all.

I think weapons always had rarity colors. There are legendaries now if you play with the tunnels expansion. The shotguns are pretty balanced in my mind, you just need to decide if you want high fire rate or high single shot damage. AA12 is ok if you have ammo regen and capacity.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The only footage i have of early B4B doesn't have weapon colours, just mod rarity.

But also this is firing range footage so :shrug:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The firing range has only grey weapons and a weird selection of weapon mods and honesty isn’t a good thing to use in general. You can’t even see what impact cards have.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I would really like a burn card that negates one of the corruption cards (or at least rerolls it) so I can never play with cost of avarice again. The ravenous corruption card sucks too.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Yeah, cost of avarice eats whole dicks. I’d rather it impact damage resistance because moving slowly just is not fun.

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
Has anyone had performance issues with the new update? My 1070 used to run shrugging pretty smoothly but now it chugs to a crawl when things get intense.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
we got to and cleared the last boss for the first time last night and holy poo poo what a terribly designed encounter. i had a shotgun build and the first time we tried the only so so available shotgun had a fuckin sniper scope on it and there was nothing to trade it with, then i apparently got caught in the tail physics early and got knocked and immediately died again. i dunno what i wanted but it wasn't that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
My friends and I were not enjoying starving to death on the prison level due to the lack of food after the point of no return.