Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
So the end of Act 3 is basically impossible solo, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I'm on Xbox Series X and looking to match up with some goons to get my decks up to speed.

TVsWanderer#7885 for crossplay; TVsWanderer on Xbox Live.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

dogstile posted:

I dunno, L4D2 had jockeys, chargers, hunters and smokers all taking away your ability to move and that was mostly the only things that ended runs in that game. You can break rules, the rest of the game needs to make up for it though.

They all had a habit of lurking in the background for a while until they made their move, though, and the characters would shout them out if the players had yet to see them.

B4B is more fond of introducing the presence of a new special infected by having it immediately attack from offscreen, which adds to the frustration factor. I had a match yesterday where a Hocker immobilized two players by firing an insane loving bank shot from the ground, through a window, into the second floor of one of the houses in Act 2.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It doesn't help that a number of the mutations' attacks basically require you to shoot directly at your friends anyway.

...or that once you're maybe halfway through a level, every character in the team is so covered in blood, ash, and vomit that they're hard to distinguish at a glance from a zombie.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

I just don't like that there's so much story in the game and basically no storytelling. Like, I don't know where this takes place, when the collapse was, how I'm supposed to feel about commaner man from Fort Hope or scientist man, how any of the characters know each other, who they were before the apocalypse, what the ridden actually are, what "immune" means for worm parasites(?), why mass graves would make breeding grounds for monsters if everyone in a grave is dead, etc.

Yeah, it's weird. A lot of the storytelling is scattered throughout scripted character exchanges that seem to happen at particular moments between particular characters, but there's no way to know when, where, or who. It'd be nice if they had prompts or something like the hidden conversations in TLOU.

The collapse was meant to be at least a year ago, IIRC, going from a conversation Walker and Holly can have in the library in Act 1. Also, almost all the cars have a Philadelphia license plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I wonder if that chick with the Farrah hair is supposed to be a "Young Christine" skin for Mom, like how Ana in Overwatch has a young version.