Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blankspace
Dec 13, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

So having played some more it's overall feeling less jank than my first try, but still feels incredibly inconsistent regarding difficulty in a way that detracts from the overall experience including what's probably my biggest overall issue with the game; the Ridden are honestly both boring as enemies(as they are very stupid in a way that was acceptable enough back in LFD2 but feels antiquated in a bad way for a game being released in 2021*) and often obnoxious to fight too(the melee hit detection for them is a bit bullshit in both directions), Mutated in particular just plain suck to fight(the whole weak point system just makes them a chore to kill) especially those really tall ones with the club arms cause they take way too much effort to kill and deal way too much damage too, if they show up during a horde event(which I also have problems with in general) in a cramped enough area than you're basically hosed particularly if more than one shows up

*indeed that's an overarching issue with the game, it feels too much like a game from 2009 in a lot of bad ways

Agree with a lot of this, the club arm guys were loving obnoxious as poo poo. Every round we'd manage a steady pace until we rolled the dice and got hit with a bunch of those fuckers in a row and we'd just have to suck it up and hope we didn't all get downed if it wasn't somewhere with alot of room to run. It's super difficult to dodge them unless you just sprint as far away as possible, since their swing can hit you from deceptively far and also works through walls, windows, through corners and scenery, etc. It's not even so much that they're difficult it's that they're so much more spongy and damaging than every other enemy type that it felt like a bug or something considering every other enemy type felt either reasonable or slightly too easy.

Anyways me and a friend of mine were super stoked to play this but it feels like one of those F2P mobile game ports or something where it just feels off all across the board. The movement feels really floaty and has weird acceleration and collision that led to us launching ourselves over cliffs and falling off of poo poo when trying to aim over it, and there's a fair amount of scenery that looks like you could jump over it or through it but can't. Guns felt mostly pretty bad. I guess maybe I've been spoiled by more recent games but they just didn't feel satisfying to shoot at all, it again felt very much like a mobile game where it's "AA" level for like 5 years ago but doesn't quite come up to par with what I'd expect.

Honestly really bummed, if this was a $20.00 indie game I'd be holding it to lower standards, but considering the hype I expected it to at least be on par with World War Z or something. This just feels really amateur outside of looking kinda nice. I'm not gonna comment on the card system because I know people love cards and decks and percentages and poo poo so even though it's not for me I can understand why WB would want that in there. Is there going to be a thing where you buy booster packs with Robux and there's a really extravagant animation of you opening them or something?

Hope y'all are able to find more glass half full on this one, I know a lot of people have been waiting for this. Maybe it'll be massively improved after a few patches, isn't that what happened with the other big Gamepass shooter, Outriders? Maybe they can pull an Outriders and it'll be really good after more time in the oven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU