Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I'm not a great deck strategist, but I'm starting to have a lot of fun making extreme builds like my shotgun build that cannot ADS but has buffed damage and hyper fast reload times. Once I put that together and saw how completely a focused deck changes the way you run a character, the fun of deck building really clicked for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

If you can get 4 people to dump on them at once, the only time they should have time to call a horde is when they have that card active. Alternatively use a grenade

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

SettingSun posted:

at the start of the next level, the game gave me 5 free cards then let me draw 30 more. I felt like I was dreaming.

This happens to me a ton. I'll quickplay into a game in the middle of an act and be allowed to draw my entire deck plus like another ten generic upgrade cards.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Just wondering if anyone has noticed some horror references in the game?

idk where it is, but I saw someone post a picture of a street sign that was like Crystal Lake x Elm St

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Scoss posted:

I can't quite tell if this is a matter of "git gud" and better learning the game systems and map layouts, or if the deck system is actually super important and we simply need to have access to better cards in order to hack it in Veteran or worse?

Also, is there any way to pull attachments off of a gun other than swapping with another attachment in that slot?

The deck is very important to your success, and no on the attachments

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

The real answer is it should present you with 3 corruption cards and make the players vote on which one to take instead of the other 2.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

ASenileAnimal posted:

finished act 1 after getting into probably the best rando group ever. i joined mid run and they had gone all in on item slots and dropped a bunch of cash for me and the other new guy at the start. we rolled into each mission with everyone carrying 4-5 pipebombs and were prettymuch unstoppable. i wish the game wouldnt have disbanded everyone at the end of the act because we could have gone alot farther.

If you go into the social tab, you can see "recent players" and send friend requests to anyone from the last game you were in

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

On that note, here's a rundown of the guns I made for myself, based on that website that was posted earlier:

not just saying this because you're one of my regular b4b group, but good writeup

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

purple level razor wire on this level is so funny

https://i.imgur.com/GHuhIkn.gifv

Battlefield One looking good

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I swapped it out and now the only two "mandatory" cards in my decks are copper scavenger and money grubbers.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I should bite the bullet and try and slot them in.

i can think of one card u can get rid of

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

maybe people that are good at the game can do without the knife but I am going to open every security door the wrong way and those birds have no reason to be just sitting on the ground like that

if you got time to lean, you got time to scream

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Not a reference to horror as such, but I don't know if anyone has mentioned yet that Tony Todd is the voice of Rodgers.

I thought that was him but forgot to check! That rocks, definitely one of my favorites

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Speaking of offensive slots, grenades are still the best general purpose problem solver BUT I have found that flashbangs, especially once you've got the offensive upgrades, trivialize boss fights.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I haven't looked into it since i don't really like to watch streamers, but this doesn't have a "streamer mode" like a lot of games with licensed music?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Had acid blood commons on the cattle run last night. lol, lmao

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Yeah that's the one. You could be right but I feel like I've done it before without acid

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

What's the utility of the melee weapons that chop downwards anyway? I'm not a melee guy but that seems straight up way worse than crowd control horizontal swings

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Plugged Silver Bullets into a deck and can't believe I never used it before

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

marshmallow creep posted:

Is Buckshot Bruiser bugged? I can't say I ever noticed it giving temporary health. I ran a super accurate shotgun build last night and no matter what I shot or how I shot it, I never noticed any benefit from BB.

buckshot bruiser gives a small amount of THP per pellet. when you unload on a big tough enemy that you don't kill in one shot, it works great!

but it only counts the pellets that were necessary to kill the enemy. so blasting a common with a full meatshot might seem like it should have a dozen or whatever pellets hitting it, but most of the pellets aren't being counted for the purposes of the card because the first few got the kill. making matters worse, the "first" pellet to hit an enemy has a damage boost compared to the others

it's not a *bad* card, it just doesn't work as well as it seems like it should from the description. if you run into an ogre or a breaker, you're going to leave that fight with fully topped-up health. against regular infected, you're barely going to notice it helping

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I've only played the section a couple times but I think the character lines suggest the cattle run area was being used to imprison people during the outbreak. Evangelo is like "yeah I was stuck someplace like this" and Walker is like "hey we didn't know what we were dealing with, we did the best we could" presumably because he was clearly in the military. Which is pretty dark!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

If you want to play the game "solo" you can just start an online run and set your social settings to friends only. You'll still get supply points and progress normally

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Irregardless posted:

Ah, well thanks to both of you for explaining. They should have just made L4D3, but the “games as a service” model is the way these days.

Yeah I'm as guilty as the next person of having my brain tickled by unlocking abilities and skins, despite having a blast playing old l4d strictly for the fun of it and not "progress." There are plenty of pubbies playing the entire campaign on recruit though, so you should be able to complete it top to bottom online and have a fine deck unless you're just dead set against playing with others

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Played a little recruit and changes feel good. Looks like they're giving out more supply points, but not sure if they boosted them on a per map basis or it's just the fact that bonus objectives give some now.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

what's the n stand for?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

nexus6 posted:

Just got this on gamepass. You start in a base and there are like 15 indicators to do stuff. I just want to shoot zombies, is there a guide or tutorial for what all this stuff is? Feels like I just joined part 2 of a game or something

All that poo poo in the camp is window dressing, just hit tab and that'll give you the real game menu.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

yea i'll also def be dipping back in once the patch goes live

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

no poo poo? I got wwz for free for some reason when it released and it was truly dogshit, it's gotten that much better?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Yeah one hive can make a really big difference to your run, especially if you successfully raid the curse chests since they can drop purples seemingly no matter where you are in the act. I really don't like the way they look, but I've always hated overgrown organic type environments in games because they're just so samey and hard to navigate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

looks like they're adding human enemies, which is surprising