Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

My friend got me this for christmas as we both have many hours in left 4 dead 1& 2 and Vermintide 2.

This game is severely busted. The bots are clueless, matchmaking is slow, pinging is moronic. Playing through on recruit is either a complete joke or an infinite spawn of specials. Pubbies, especially with crossplay on, are probably worse than bots. Playing by yourself becomes impossible when you need to fetch multiple briefcases. I'm going to finish the campaign on easy then uninstall lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

How many of the -5% damage resistance cards do you guys put in a deck?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Jack B Nimble posted:

They're all tall boys, except for the boomers and the spitters. :shrug:

Exactly this

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I've come around on this game a little bit since starting but I still have many gripes

The player skins you can unlock for the most part are hilariously low effort. Like changing from dirty tan pants to dirty blue jeans on every single character. Give me some cutoff jorts or heart print boxers for Hoffman please

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The humvee bleeds when it gets hit by ridden at the end of the jukebox level lol

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

They really should have put in a dodge function

Also do the spitter projectiles come at anyone else in about 4 long frames?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I think Hoffman is kind of funny. They gave him enough eccentricity that he's more like an x-files conspiracy theorist than a Q-Anon disciple and the voice actor has some good deliveries. Jim, Walker, and Mom are bland and phoned in. No one is so bad that I feel the need to mute but I hope they record more dialogue.

The in game lines are much better than the cutscene lines like "but you weren't just in the neighborhood, were you?"

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Does anyone know how cards work in quickplay? Sometimes I join a game and I get to pick like a dozen extra cards. Is it based on how much intel players pick up over the run?

Also, some abilities that were on the bot like Marked for Death and the combat knife seem to carry over to my selected character for one or more rounds without appearing in my Active Cards. Bug or feature?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Yeah but yesterday I joined a game and got 5 starter cards and 23 picks. I think you get +1 card if the party used a continue but that still doesn’t account for the extra cards. I’ll try to document next time it happens

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

It would be nice if they "Player X defended Player Y" notification was tuned better. Right now you can kill something actively attacking someone and it doesn't proc, while killing something running 15 feet away you get it. Also it would be cool if they credited players with special kills like in Left 4 Dead.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I'm a big fan of cheesing holdout missions with comical amounts of barbed wire, so I'm always disappointed when we get to t-5 or the diner and we had no opportunity to upgrade.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

What does "Damage Falloff" (e.g. "Damage falloff rescaled to 2250/2750/3000 from 1750/2500/3250") mean in the Balance Updates section?

e:

quote:

Bot Updates

Bot positioning has been updated to prioritize player line of sight.

good lord finally

The Wiggly Wizard fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 9, 2022

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Ok another noob question:

quote:

AA12 Weapon damage scaling per quality increased by 11.5% from 10%.

quote:

Desert Eagle Weapon damage scaling per quality decreased to 18.5% from 20%.

So the AA12 damage is +21.5% per quality now, or it's +11.5% per quality now?

Why were some weapons +10% per quality and some +20%?

Richard Bong posted:

100%/75%/50% damage I believe.

I see, but according to statty it's a linear decrease, not a staircase, so I wonder why the middle number, as Varkas mentioned. Just for legibility?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I guess you lose the guns you had when you joined quickplay and get whites instead

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

JagerNinja posted:

Spawn rates are messed up as per the latest patch notes, we had the same issue on "Cabins by the Lake" last night. I also saw, buried in the patch notes, that "Wandering Specials now have a 12 to 18 second exit cooldown." I wonder if this, combined with the broken spawn rates, allows wandering specials to stick around long enough that they're clustering up with other specials that spawn in. It doesn't explain everything, but lol that their intended change is compounding with an unintended change to gently caress players harder.

Speaking of Cabins by the Lake, does anyone know what using a tool kit on the ferry does? We've been debating among our group but we haven't really seen a difference. I'm pretty sure the devs don't know, either.

I think it makes the ferry go faster by like 50% but I've never timed it. Most people don't bother and launch the ferry without boarding it because often the boss will appear when you get to the far dock where you're already overrun and exposed.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The Hambulance posted:

Another thing I don't care for is the infected being unable to break alarmed doors any more. Or at least they can't break them when it's advantageous to the player. I really wish there was a counter other than carrying a bunch of tool kits.

4 players running Amped Up and On Your Marks

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I really hope they do something about

1. ridden and mutations being able to instantly scale objects and hit without delay

2. bash not doing anything to climbing ridden

3. tall boys overhead swinging through the top and bottoms of windows

4. Hawkers shooting you without even looking at you

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

quote:

Tunnels of Terror Expansion Coming April 12
Tunnels of Terror will be coming to Fort Hope on April 12th, 2022. Here's a little sneak peek on what to look forward to!

quote:

When Tunnels of Terror arrives on April 12, you can jump into an all-new co-op activity known as Ridden Hives, where you can explore seven different dungeons full of labyrinthine tunnels below the depths of Evansburgh that are infested with a new Ridden type, Warped Ridden. To claim exclusive loot and rewards only offered in Ridden Hives, players must outmaneuver and overcome the daunting new Warped Ridden, including the landmine-setting Urchins, monstrous Shredders, and damage-dealing Rippers. The new Warped Ridden variants are also playable in PvP Swarm mode.

The upcoming expansion introduces two new playable Cleaners – Sharice, an axe wielding firefighter, and Heng, a tough as nails, no-nonsense restaurateur.

Also included in Tunnels of Terror are eight exclusive character skins, seven new legendary weapons, 12 new weapon skins, new cards, and more. The expansion will coincide with the release of the No Hope difficulty setting, a free update adding an extra level of challenge for elite players.

Please note, all playable content included in the Tunnels of Terror expansion will be accessible by all players in a party as long as one player in that party has purchased the expansion.

Additionally, there will be no microtransactions of any kind, cosmetic or otherwise, added to the game as part of this expansion or any future content update.

neat

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The new expansion is kind of fun. The loot drops in the tunnels are insanely good and the new characters are blissfully not annoying.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Oh yeah gently caress that heavy copper curse. I only got it once so far, but it made the tunnels a slog

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I found the SMG and while it packs a punch on damage it’s hard to tell if it’s slowing anything significantly

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Fabricated posted:

It's actually really stunning how you cannot make half dead pubbies even look at med cabinets. Playing a doctor with stupidly high medical efficiency who instantly heals like half your health bar, plus trauma, plus the entire group a little bit, plus giving a 10% buff with base level bandages is fun though.

Until you get the lovely total chaos card at least.

I play doc most of the time. Always love telling the team “I’m running a heal deck” and then karlie uses a med kit on me as soon as she picks it up

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Canopus250 posted:

There is a card that lets you disarm trapped doors/alarmed cars/birds. How on earth does the interaction with birds work?

Birds defused. Counterterrorists win.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

BonerKid posted:

As much as I like long form shows and stuff getting 4 people together for 4+ hours to play through a single act is a hard ask. We had three nightmare acts partially complete with different people because scheduling was difficult and it took over a month to finally complete those three act. Prior to adding the tunnels expansion the acts already felt too long, so I hope whatever they add next doesn't just extend the existing acts.

If you have a dedicated gaming group that is always available this is probably preferable, but not everyone has that kind of time.

I’ve never felt the impulse to play an act start to finish in one go. The game saves your progress when you host and also there’s quickplay!

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

BonerKid posted:

They added about 5,000 supply points and 100 skull totems worth of cosmetics in this patch. I feel bad for anyone just picking up the game because if they want to be able to consistently get burn cards for higher difficulties they're in for ~200 hours of grinding.

Ya it’s a bad system. A separate caravan that always sells burn cards might help.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Cage posted:

Oops, did not know! I only started dabbling in nightmare recently.

Yeah same. I'm learning the hard way where all of the infinite spawns are.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

It would be nice if they gave you an alert that the horde is an infinite spawn.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

We finally beat act 1 on nightmare (got lucky with pubbies). Still annoyed that tall boys can hit me around blind corners. Still laughing that punching NPCs causes no reaction except for a massive spurt of blood.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

BonerKid posted:

We finished No Hope tonight and it was one hell of a slog. (we even managed to got all the hives)

Is this graphic from in game? If so where can I see it?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Nice thanks bro

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Does anyone still play this game? There's a new expansion coming out at the end of the month lol

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Wanderer posted:

I wonder if that chick with the Farrah hair is supposed to be a "Young Christine" skin for Mom, like how Ana in Overwatch has a young version.

Yes that was confirmed on the Twitter. I assume she’ll have the same batty old lady voice which will be fun.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The Hambulance posted:

Played the expansion with friends tonight. I really enjoyed the new maps, and the new enemies are certainly challenging.

The guys throwing the boomer bile (piss jars) are so loving effective and annoying! Also the big guys with the metal claws are pretty difficult to kill. Even on Veteran, they would just soak up rounds and keep coming.

The stationary enemy snipers are pretty ineffective though. Reminds me of the Combine snipers in Half Life 2. You can see them from a mile away and they are easy to kill.

While the fixed snipers are easily defeated, I found the snipers equipped with bow & arrow are far more difficult to engage. I wasted a lot of ammo killing them, but it was funny seeing teammates with arrows sticking out of them.

I think we all stepped in a bear trap at least once. Even though they are bright red and highlighted with a red outline as you approach, they are easy to overlook. Then SNAP! You aren’t going anywhere for a while.

This was pretty much my experience last night too. I played 1-4 on Veteran and it was slightly challenging.

Got strong Half Life 2 vibes from the boat level, and strong Vermintide 2 vibes from a couple others (arena ending, babysitting explosives on the mine cart). Really cool expansion so far. It seems tough to unlock cards

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Yeah I haven’t gotten any new cards yet, just some lovely weapons skins

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I got Expired T5 and it's hella fun dropping every common like Pepe LePew. I built a deck around it with speed cards. I imagine a nerf is incoming.

CoolCab posted:

we came back because we gave up, and imo all the improvements are quite big. drawing your entire deck makes the challenge much more even and lets you use your broken stuff out the gate. what's the meta shotgun, is it still the AA12? and weapons have colours now, should i be treating those with higher priority i can't remember that at all.

I think weapons always had rarity colors. There are legendaries now if you play with the tunnels expansion. The shotguns are pretty balanced in my mind, you just need to decide if you want high fire rate or high single shot damage. AA12 is ok if you have ammo regen and capacity.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Shooting Blanks posted:

I haven't played this game in awhile, but food is a thing now? I don't remember that...

You need to eat an entire jar of peanut butter or a box of cereal every 30 seconds or you take damage lol

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

New balance patch and Halloween update is out. Just at a cursory glance, they nerfed my beloved Expired T5 and Heng is now a food guy

https://back4blood.com/en-us/patch-notes/october-2022-update

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The new expansion levels are pretty cool so far! This game has improved a lot since I started.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

BigglesSWE posted:

Ridden tunnels can be a slog in general imo, sometimes you just want to play the actual level. That being said, if you know you’re coming up to a messy set piece and your team is not up to the task they can be a good alternative. Ultimately they can be easier simply because one can leave as soon as one finds an exit, even before getting a skull.

I think tunnels are always worth it in a campaign. On nightmare at least, you'll be loving stacked with cards and loot by mid-act.

You're right though that they're a slog if you're just hopping on for a couple quickplay levels and you get boned with Cost of Avarice or razorworms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Running a shotgun build with Tala is pretty sick because of the stacking bleed damage per pellet. The AA12 or the legendary fire version work especially well

Running Doc as a medic, and Food Scav/LMG Heng are my other favorites