Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

So having played the Alpha I'm wondering if anyone had the same impression we did which is that the finale stage is... fuckin ludicrously overtuned. It might've been because we always did it with only 3 humans (we had a fourth pubbie who always dropped by 1-4) but like, even with the minigun trained on the boat it felt like there was absolutely no break whatsoever and you were just permanently buried under 30 zombies at all times. After like, blowing through an entire crowd and switching to melee to make some more progress and take advantage of the card that reloads weapons when they're not out, and then unloading into the crowd again it feels like at no point is there ever a break in the wave. Then sometimes just getting into the boat it decides to spawn like 5 bruisers in a row and you can't advance because they'll punch you off the ramp into the water and insta kill you. Does anyone else have the experience that it just seems straight up impossible, at least if you have a bot? Even the most hectic finales in l4d you could like, limp through if you lost someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

My experience from the closed beta was that the boat gauntlet section was, on even normal difficulties, totally impossible and a ridiculous difficulty spike. Is that still true?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I honestly never gave a poo poo about versus mode but I can sympathize with those who do. I think you're overestimating how important versus mode is to the majority of L4D fans though. I'm sure it's what kept people playing L4D for years after it stopped seeing any updates but I think the majority of people who likes those games don't actually care. The last thing I want in these games is routinely needing to research the meta so I can know that oh on map 2-3 this one corner is a common ambush spot for X special and you need to account for it or they'll wipe you out. I just wanna play a fun co-op shooter and I don't want to worry about PVP ever. If I want team based PVP I'll go play Apex or Valorant or whatever.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Some of the hot takes on this game in this thread are beyond embarrassing