Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Mailer posted:

This. I generally just have one other person to play with, so we're pretty hard capped on progression in most games. Sounds like easy will be a challenge in b4b, and after completion we'll uninstall. Given recent co-op experiences it feels like everyone else in the world is asking for more GTFO and less l4d.

Hell, I have three other people to play with and we all found GTFO unfun.

Had to walk away for a bit to take care of something at the end of Act 1, got booted, and it took so long to get back I started Solo to try and just get the unlocks. Didn't work, so I ran it again solo trying to speed run it. Again didn't get anything. Come to find out that's by design, which is... fun. And by fun I mean tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Solo play doesn't count for all intents and purposes but holy gently caress does match making take an eternity and the games are full of obnoxious lag when they do happen!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I joined some quick play games on recruit last night after my regular group went to bed to try and get a few more points so that I could finish off a supply line. After an hour and four games I still had zero points because everyone else was dying to the wildest things. The last game I had the bad luck, truth be told, and got Hagged twice, but my team mates were no help.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Had a funny moment today where I looked slightly to my left and then whipped back around to see an empty corner fill with three zombies and a Retch. Didn't come through a spawn hole or anything--they materialized. I guess the game forgot to spawn them out of sight because it thought I had turned around.

On a different note, I've done Act 4-3 on Recruit a few times now (I haven't gotten into the other acts yet--been mostly playing quickplay) and only finished it twice. Both time I did was actually with bots after players dropped. For some reason every time I run through it with human beings, things go to absolute poo poo. The bots will completely shut down and stop doing anything if I get immobilized, but somehow in that one stage they don't gently caress up nearly as much.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 16, 2021

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Current irritation: If I have the contrast up around 50 or so, some parts of this game are unintelligibly dark. I wish the flashlight was a toggle, and not something I had to wait for the computer to turn on for me. Characters in the game shouting "need a light in here" for an entire map and not once does the game turn on the flashlight. I finally had to set the contrast to 0 and brightness to 100 so I could loving see consistently.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Are there cards that affect fire rate? I don’t think I’ve seen any yet. Would be real nice for a shotgun or magnum.

The +reload speed cards are effectively +fire rate for the Belgian.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah I have been finding that LMG pairs well with the Deagle, though I am trying out the Belgian and the temporary health per shotgun pellet card.

So, question: You are supposed to leave the snitches alone if you can, right? Because damned if everybody that I join in quick play doesn't set them off as soon as they can.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Copper Collector and Money Grubber are really good. Last few times I played with those cards, I was able to afford both team upgrades by myself and still have money to spare. It's real nice.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So many times I see a scope and go "ooo, that's better colors and numbers" and then actually trying to use it would ruin my gun.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Not a reference to horror as such, but I don't know if anyone has mentioned yet that Tony Todd is the voice of Rodgers.

That does explain why he sounds like a crazy movie villain.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah being able to buy all the squad upgrades and a full stack of 8 or so grenades all by myself is pretty great.

I have made it as far as the last mission of Act 3. After we pop the first nest node the director started spawning so many disabling specials we couldn't physically reach any other objectives. Are you supposed to even bother killing the ogres? They seem to respawn as fast as regular specials.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I'd be fine if I could at least look at the store and start the thinking process

Right!?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I have a friend who was super jazzed to play this and after a few sessions has very firmly decided to put all his time into Cookie Clicker instead.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Is Buckshot Bruiser bugged? I can't say I ever noticed it giving temporary health. I ran a super accurate shotgun build last night and no matter what I shot or how I shot it, I never noticed any benefit from BB.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Wanderer posted:

...or that once you're maybe halfway through a level, every character in the team is so covered in blood, ash, and vomit that they're hard to distinguish at a glance from a zombie.

Our resident axe-crazy Holly player wears one of the really plain outfits, so her silhouette in particular ends up being a lot like a zombie's after a few seconds with a crowd, and our group's sniper domes her probably at least once a map as a result.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Well, that's baffling.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So I just jumped into a quickplay match where when I took over a bot, I didn't have a secondary. Which among other things meant when I got downed I couldn't do anything at all.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

If Karlee is there, she calls Walker out with "In case you hadn't noticed, there's no on left to make excuses for."

I've got a LMG heavy build, and just had a full run of Act 1 where a single LMG didn't spawn until I got to the Church in the woods for the Blue Dog Mine mission. By that point I was hoping one wouldn't spawn at all, because that would have been funnier.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Leal posted:

Some nights the game just goes "gently caress you" and throws multiples of each type of special on you at once.

Other nights it goes "gently caress you" and spawns 1 single zombie in a direction you just looked at both to do chip damage at you and to utterly gently caress you over if you need to fall back and go in the direction that was clear a second ago by rooting you in place until you kill it.

I remember one run recently where I went into a bathroom with no windows, vents, or any doors but the one I came out of (the Blue Dog Mine house before the wall made out of cars) and as soon as I turned around a Crusher grabbed me from behind.

Speaking of runs getting hosed: Last night I had a great one going where I had cleared Act 1 up to Blue Dog Mine, and the game crashed. I was hosting, and was able to rejoin, but it crashed again. When I tried to resume the run today, it said the run had failed, so I'd have to start over.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Oh good, the beefieset of the beefy are now even beefier.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

ShootaBoy posted:

The mine finale with the howitzer is still broken to poo poo, just like it was in the beta. Had it happen yet again where the gun was just totally unable to be interacted with, so the finale was impossible to even start, let alone finish :thumbsup: great job guys!

Never had that happen, personally. That sucks!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I'm also getting more CTDs, personally.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I normally had that reload-shoot bug when I was having connection issues.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

How would it work with an LMG and Meat Grinder, I wonder?

And which three cards are we talking about? Front sight focus, Optics Enthusiast, Quick Kill, Hunker Down all buff accuracy. Is it a matter of pick your favorite?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

toasterwarrior posted:

AA12 or TAC14 for the slug shotgun build? I've been trying to make a hybrid SMG/shotgun deck work and while the SMG can do great against hordes, the shotgun usually leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to killing specials quickly (though that may just be the tallboy family being horseshit as usual)

I find the AA12 is among my best tools for keeping exploders from closing on short notice.

I'm led to believe if you can get reload speed up that the TAC14 because the shotgun equivalent of an bullet hose.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

God drat. Every time I try and play this game at the end of a workday, and it gets to about 11:30 PM Central, the connection goes to absolute poo poo and I have no idea why. I don't seem to have that problem with other games, but this game gets unplayable around then every time I try.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So I'm trying the 100% accuracy set ups and had a pair of interesting moments today.

In the trailer camp, I got to see 6 retches spawn simultaneously in front of the safe room. Last time I saw exactly six retches spawn they did it at the end of a bridge. In this case, they just popped in after someone in a different part of the map startled some birbs.

In a later run, I was playing Mom. Made it to the estate in Act 3. I pick my card, but my card doesn't take effect. I press F to continue and... Mom is not in the safe room and I'm stuck as an invisible camera embedded in the wall. When the other players get to play, it says I have to wait to respawn.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Richard Bong posted:

You aren’t alone. In my experience, Ps5 players are generally competent enough to get by. The Xbox players seem to range from “not a liability” to “I can’t tell if they have brain problems or are stoned to the bone”

The "refuses to use a healing cabinet on recruit despite having so much trauma they die in one hit" seems to be particularly endemic.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

TheJadedOne posted:

love the new way pubbies are being pieces of poo poo by not hitting ready after certain maps and making people wait out the timer. Which can be up to 3 minutes on certain maps

Sometimes 6!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Did they tweak the director again? Because we started two different acts today (Act 1 and Act 3) on Veteran and didn't make it out of starter locations because it just kept spawning specials at rates I hadn't seen before. It was unreasonably hard. I had to use three defibs before we got to the bridge in Act 1-1, and then we because a charger was immediately followed by an exploder followed by an exploder followed by a stalker in the middle of a horde. It just kept pouring on. I've beaten this game a few times now, it's not usually that bullshit.

My last friend who was up for playing this game anymore has given up, so I think I'm just going to have to uninstall and see if it's worth coming back to later.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 29, 2021

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I remember some kind of internet article being pushed to me that said "Back 4 Blood bots so just how far AI has come." I didn't read it, but if it wasn't a tongue in cheek "and it's not far enough" then it was wrong.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I ended up playing Jim when I was solo because he just seems to be kind of isolated from the rest even when he's in a group, while my friend and I ended up meaning mom and doc because they have a pretty good friendly dynamic.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I'm a big fan of cheesing holdout missions with comical amounts of barbed wire, so I'm always disappointed when we get to t-5 or the diner and we had no opportunity to upgrade.

Same. Love me some barb wire strats, so I'm sad when it just doesn't come together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Corbeau posted:

I can't get over the enemy design, in particular.

I... I just realized that outside of, like, the ogre, I can't think of a single monster in this game after putting it down.