Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I really want to try the medium difficulty with a real group since pubbies in this game are hit or miss and often leave at the start if they don’t get the card or character they want.

Easy is wicked easy and just mindless until something goes wrong and all of a sudden your whole team is dead.

Bots are wicked funky. We had one get stuck on a turret while we were waiting in the safe room so someone ran back to get them, and as soon as they got the bot off the turret they teleported to the safe room leaving the human player alone and far away from the rest of the crew.

The game seams fun, still learning all the special zombie types which will make it easier once I have that down. It definitely seems like it’ll be fun with a real crew, I just wish there was an easy and a half difficulty mode.

Lord Wexia posted:

I found the easy mode very easy up until level 6/8 when you had to run the "gauntlet". No one in our group realized you had to just keep running because the game does a poor job of telling you that, so we hung back and wasted a lot of ammo until we realized we had to keep running.

Had the same experience the first time I ran this, and it didn’t help that the bots held back instead of running with us. In classic Left 4 Dead fashion there is graffiti that shows only once the door has been opened that says something along the lines of “Run for your life!” But you have to be looking down the gauntlet run to see it. I feel like left 4 dead 2 had moments like that in the theme park area, but they’d made it very obvious before that you had to run, with characters having voice lines telling you to keep moving and the prompt to trigger the encounter even said to move, but that can be easily added and may even already be on the planning table for the devs since they’ve done it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

je1 healthcare posted:

Was World War Z not a good successor to Left 4 Dead? It seemed pretty polished but I amit I lost interest when I saw that I had to grind to get better guns

World War Z was wicked cool horde moments. Even if they just had each zombie look like three and shooting one killed them all, the effects was rad and very much like the first half of the movie that they made when they actually had a budget. B4B never quite seems to have that many zombies on screen at once.