Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
Wow it's not even out yet and WB already managed to ruin this game. Just drop $90 for the full experience! (Prices are same on the US shop)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
Characters all have unique perks, as if each character has 2 or 3 cards equipped already, so it's not like you're picking between Zoey or Bill a la Left 4 Dead 2.

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
Don't forget the $30 Day 1 Season Pass with levels, characters, and more Special Infected!

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
I think the most surprising moment of the game so far is when Mom brags about committing rape back in the day. Not terribly sure who thought that was a good line to toss in the game in this day and age.

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009

Perestroika posted:

In the commentary tracks for L4D there is quite a bit of mention how they tweaked things in response to QA/player feedback, sometimes in very significant ways. Players didn't know where to go, they added bright light sources to offer an orientation point. Players were uncertain how to complete an objective, add big old onscreen prompt. Players didn't realize they could/should duck through low vents, make them crouch automatically when they get near it.

The same sort of feedback-based design seems completely absent here. Upon launching the game, just about everyone will find one or several things that don't work well and have fairly obvious solutions. That shows pretty obviously that tester feedback was either underprioritized, done badly, or simply not gathered in the first place.

Turtle Rock devs probably should have gone through the commentary play through and taken notes

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
Just installed the game and was playing with friends. Finished Act 1 on veteran [I think] right before the big patch. I can't understand why they got rid of card draw. Like, just ADD the 15 card dump as an option. Just like there's no reason the random card draw isn't an option in the menu. Nightmare was pretty smooth sailing before we took a break.

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
I recall it was mentioned in either the blog post or the steam post. It seems like a relatively simple implementation but I have no actual knowledge on the subject so I'll just bitch on a forum instead.

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
Has anyone had performance issues with the new update? My 1070 used to run shrugging pretty smoothly but now it chugs to a crawl when things get intense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
My friends and I were not enjoying starving to death on the prison level due to the lack of food after the point of no return.