Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Rockstar Massacre posted:

I literally only cared about Versus in L4D and it's all I care about here. What's wrong with it?

Left 4 Dead’s Versus Mode had the two teams taking turns each playing survivors and zombies on each map of a campaign, and when the campaign was over, the teams’ scores were calculated based on how much progress they made as survivors.

B4B’s Versus mode is a single-map, central-location horde mode where the winner is which team can stay alive as survivors the longest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Everything good in this game was something that was already done in L4D, which means every change they made was for the worse. I feel bad for Turtle Rock.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Skyarb posted:

I think it speaks mountains to how many people want another good L4D type game that so many people are giving this dumpster fire a pass.

Define “so many people,” because this game seems pretty doomed to flop.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

The Shame Boy posted:

Evolved had 2K as it's publisher and this game has WB so i don't know if Turtle Rock just keeps getting picked up by lovely publishers that do lovely monetization on top of a good base game or if L4D was mostly a fluke because they had help from Valve at the time.

People like to try and diss Valve by saying they didn’t even really develop Portal and Left 4 Dead, but Kim Swift without Valve made Quantum Conundrum and Turtle Rock without Valve made… this.