Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Glagha posted:

So having played the Alpha I'm wondering if anyone had the same impression we did which is that the finale stage is... fuckin ludicrously overtuned. It might've been because we always did it with only 3 humans (we had a fourth pubbie who always dropped by 1-4) but like, even with the minigun trained on the boat it felt like there was absolutely no break whatsoever and you were just permanently buried under 30 zombies at all times. After like, blowing through an entire crowd and switching to melee to make some more progress and take advantage of the card that reloads weapons when they're not out, and then unloading into the crowd again it feels like at no point is there ever a break in the wave. Then sometimes just getting into the boat it decides to spawn like 5 bruisers in a row and you can't advance because they'll punch you off the ramp into the water and insta kill you. Does anyone else have the experience that it just seems straight up impossible, at least if you have a bot? Even the most hectic finales in l4d you could like, limp through if you lost someone.

Yeah the finale seemed pretty hard. The furthest I got with pubs was getting the bombs planted and then we got crushed by the hordes while trying to escape the blast radius.

I didn't play a whole lot but a lot of the game stuck out to me as "this is just change for the sake of change" and wasn't a huge improvement over L4D2.

I could take or leave the addition of sprint (it was just the syringe powerup before) but the limited stamina thing was definitely present before for melee...maybe just limited to the pushback function.

I hate the lack of flashlight - some areas are pitch loving black and I don't know why we can't have a flashlight as a free item again; maybe it gets added in as a gun attachment. The attachment system is a neat expansion on a system they sorta had in L4D2 and I appreciate guns having randomized attachments as open world drops.

Separated ammo pools/pickups for everything is probably the worst change. I don't know why they did this; maybe to try to force more coordination? But it felt like everybody ran dry on ammo a lot when the director kept spawning sniper ammo while everybody has AKs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I think they did a pretty okay job with expanding the arsenal in L4D2 though I think the nuances between the different pump shotguns and SMGs etc were not really noticeable. The differences were only really pronounced with the different ARs and sniper rifles, and the grenade launcher/LMG being one and done deals that you couldn't refill were good ways to limit their power.

B4B weapons feel like a mess from the limited time I played.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I thought the game was already out when I saw a bunch of influencers streaming it but I guess not.