Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Special ratings that I've seen so far on Veteran:

Stingers - gently caress these things, they're so small that you hardly notice they're there, and they fire like machine guns with 10 damage per shot. If they're around in a horde, someone's going down unless your sniper can get them with a good shot (and hope that everyone else can push the zombies of them while they're sniping).

Exploders - Eh. Not that scary, they're so huge you can see them coming a mile away, run for distance, then shoot them down.

Ogre - My sniper with the extra damage against weaknesses mod 2-shotted it... It's also very easy to kite into trying to reach it's hand into a room while your teammates shoot it.

Retches - Ew. By the time you've seen them they've probably already retched on you for a second or so which hurts.

Bruisers - gently caress.

Snitch - In theory these things are ok... in practice they're hidden behind trees etc so you can't even see them in time to shoot them before they bring a horde.

Thing that stick on the wall until you go near in which they web you up - Not really much of a threat except in rushing situations.

Crushers - Despite them locking a person down, they're actually not as bad as bruisers because they spend their time just choking a person.

My team got until stage 5 before we collapsed, but overall, game seems fine to play so far. The only gripe I had was the land of eternal bruisers (stage 3).

Also, some safe rooms have the first aid cabinet, some don't. Stage 5 didn't have it which was a pain since the ferry level was hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Yeah ok, I soured on the game when running across the bridge my team encountered 3 Bruisers + 2 Crushers on veteran. Wtf are we supposed to do about that?

Urgh. I've played L4D2 like thousands of hours and can get through every map on memory, at the very least I wanted this to be like enjoyable for at least experiencing and finding tactics for the new maps it offers. But the specials characteristics and their rate of spawn needs a huge goddamn tweak or even a rework.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
If its a single bruiser, backtracking and shooting it is fine. Combined with birds behind you, it actually makes you watch and retreat carefully, i don't mind that.
3 bruisers can f off, bruisers in an event which you need to run can f off, bruisers blocking your objective which you need to shut off to stop the horde can goddamn f off.

And why in the world do bruisers and crushers look so similar? I can't distinguish the 2 until they reach me.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
You're supposed to state ammo between players, but good luck coordinating it between pubs.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Tbh it's the price that's stopping me from getting the game. I like it when I played during the open beta, the gunplay was pretty good and the game was a nice fresh take on the co-op gunplay genre. It does enough things differently that it'll keep me immersed for a long time.
But 60 USD is a very tall ask, and I don't have access to game pass.