Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I got a key and 3 friend invite keys from Twitch, been having an okay time playing coop with them also the cross platform is nice to get console friends in. But this game feels like it should be free to play, £50 is hilarious, they can gently caress right off. I wonder if it's hubris, or just an attempt at cashing in on pre-orders before they cancel all future content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I used to play modded maps on L4D1 where everyones a Hunter and we're all playing tag by doing insane curvy trick jumps to get away from the other hunters who are on fire trying to spread it to you. I spent dozens of hours just learning how to trick jump as a Hunter on challenge maps designed for it.

I was really expecting something that would have that level of depth at least. Just...use the same Hunter but with a different name? They already made the thing in the first place, just upgrade it into something different but with the same feeling, how can Valve sue for that. These special infected are all worse in every way.

Maybe Source is just that much better.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 8, 2021

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Glagha posted:

Some of the hot takes on this game in this thread are beyond embarrassing

What's the cold take.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

explosivo posted:

There's a whole lot of people trying to play this game on Hard straight out the gate then getting mad/confused when they get bodied. Basically every stream I've watched and people here all seem to think Hard is the place to start and then go on to call the game's spawns bullshit when it's too hard; it's really quite fascinating from a QA standpoint. There should honestly probably be a warning you have to click through that spells it out for you that you need better cards or it's going to be unbelievably hard for you.. I do get it though, in most games like this (vermintide, killing floor, etc.) it's always recommended to start on the second or third difficulty because the XP or gear is better. There's only 3 difficulties here though so it looks like each step up is a huge bump in difficulty.

There are better games, with difficulties that are much harder, without being based on ammo conservation in extremely clunky combat. There are games where people play for thousands of hours and are always challenged. But it's not because of ammo of all things.

Like ok, I grind some cards, my weakpoint shots on specials do more damage, I have more ammo pickups. How has my gameplay changed?

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 13, 2021