Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Evangelo is too much of an annoying dork. "This is my grateful face :haw:" ughhh

Karlee is just mean and unpleasant. While healing you: "I don't have to do this, you know"

Like, no poo poo. No one asked you to. gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Canopus250 posted:

A buddy gifted the base game to me a couple days ago and I had a question about how run progression works at this point. If he has been hosting a coop run will starting a new run by myself/with randos or using quick match break that?

I'm unclear if there is a way I can play without him to get more cards/unlocks without losing that loadout/progress.

You can have multiple runs going at the same time. So starting a new one won't affect the run your friend has saved.

However you can't add cards to the deck you're using with your friend until you start a new run with him

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Anyone have helpful, lesser known tidbits to share? Asking Google just gets me articles like "15 things I wish I knew before starting b4b!" with poo poo like "dont split up" "make a deck of good cards" and "the red boxes on the wall can heal you"

I'm looking for handy little details like "did you know you can grenade birds to get rid of them" or "you can escape a hag with a breakout card"

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Cidrick posted:

I know Youtube isn't the best medium for concise lists, bit Swingpoynt has a couple of videos on this sort of subject that I found very useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFThor8iiMk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuyTE4f9Czw

I haven't watched these since Tunnels of Terror came out but I imagine most or all of it is still relevant.

Thanks, there are some good tips in these videos!

edit:

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I play doc most of the time. Always love telling the team “I’m running a heal deck” and then karlie uses a med kit on me as soon as she picks it up

Karlee: UGH I don't HAVE to do this, you know :mad:

WHY BONER NOW fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 6, 2022

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Those are good tips! I didn't know you can shoot them with silencers like that, haha. And yeah by the end of a run if you haven't upgraded your accessory slots you're really messing up. Feels bad when I can't afford them.

Here's a tip I figured out this past weekend: when you're playing with bots, and you die, you can jump into one of the bots and play as them until you find your character and free them. When you character gets freed, you jump back into them.

Over the course of the game, when you pick up copper, everyone on the team gets it. So you pick up a 25-copper, all players get 25 copper. Including the bots...but they never spend any. So, when you're using a bot character while trying to rescue your character...check out how much money the bot has. Probably a shitload. Drop it on the ground before rescuing your character. Then rescue your character and go pick up the money. The perfect crime.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Do I cut the blue feather or the red feather???

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Holy poo poo, cost of avarice is a horrible card. God loving help you if you're playing alone with bots, they never spend money and will recieve the full penalty. I could not figure out why they wouldn't survive a single round in the nursery, getting downed by commons, until I noticed how slow they were moving. It's a total run killer. What a lovely card to put in your game

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Stuck my toe into vs mode for a bit. It's pretty good! Hardest part is getting a match going, like 90% of my time spent is searching for a game. Once we get rolling, it's a fun time. I like playing as the ridden, it's a nice change from the campaign.

Unrelated, but Holly's antifa outfit is the most badass one in the game

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
The game and season pass are in the steam summer sale, convince your friends to buy it

https://store.steampowered.com/app/924970/Back_4_Blood/

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/back4blood/status/1542916054086815744?t=xmM9MOWgnFu6B9zzPlseGA&s=19

https://twitter.com/back4blood/status/1542191291467014145?t=cissRYI5cc5xyFzGHU_TYQ&s=19

Couple new accessories being teased, presumably for the next update/dlc. They look interesting but I'd have to see them in action. At first blush they don't really sound better than the existing ones, at least for pve. I can see some use in pvp though

I hope they introduce a burn card that allows you to cancel one of the corruption cards, so I can never play with cost of avarice again. Even with the recent changes it's such a bad, lovely card, on a completely different level than any other complaint I have with the game.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I believe a sleeper horde does not violate the "dont set off alarms" secondary objective...someone correct if I'm wrong

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Kibayasu posted:

It'll be interesting to see if human enemies with ranged weapons will actually be fun to fight in a game that has basically been guns against melee. I hope so!

I wonder if they're going to implement the new enemies into pvp...

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
The expansions are good content but they're meant for multiple playthroughs. First expansion introduced a new currency and you need a fair number of runs to gather enough to unlock everything.

Second expansion added 5 or 6 new stages and new enemies. I haven't played the new stages yet but the new enemies are pretty fun/interesting/pain in the rear end

That's a good price for them imo, and like I said it's good content...but if you don't play often, I dunno

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Dang, almost had a boner username hat trick there

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I would really like a burn card that negates one of the corruption cards (or at least rerolls it) so I can never play with cost of avarice again. The ravenous corruption card sucks too.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I suspect the issue is that the developers have played the poo poo out of the new content and the difficulty doesn't register for them. Probably tested it with all the new cards/abilities...and builds to compliment them. And knowledge of where food spawns/where to get the boat pieces etc, while new players are floundering around trying to figure out where to go.

So if the players are hardcore enough, they'll persevere and discover the optimal playstyle to make it work. Which is fine and dandy as long as the journey to enlightenment is fun (ie not ravenous).

Having said that, my b4b group got through act 5 on veteran, barely. Almost wiped a couple times. Just dragged ourselves across the finish line, hootin and hollerin when we pulled it off. That knife's edge between difficulty/frustration is super hard to maintain, but the game was on that edge perfectly for us. Probably more of a case of the stars aligning (our group's skill level, workable corruption cards, etc), but man what a rush. The new act is creepy as hell, too, adding to the intensity. We had a grand old time!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I haven't played swarm since the update but the changes sound real odd. I guess now you are granted a set number of mutation points at the start of the round (like 300 for round 1, opposed to the 50 you used to start with) and that's your only source of points. So doing damage to enemy players doesn't earn you more points, you have a finite, predetermined amount to work with.

I only really see negative outcomes for this change...if I dump my first allotment of points into tallboys...well now I'm committed to sticking with them rather than switch to another mutation.

I guess for high end play you can assemble a team and develop a strategy that you'd have to stick to, so maybe there's a level of strategy they're trying to implement? But for pick up games (with the standard 1-2 players that don't even spend their points) it's real odd

Also Heng really got boned, imagine having your character reworked to revolve around loving food of all things

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/back4blood/status/1583141094358859777?s=20&t=-23ptMUenysG5_6ZvlwpWg

:toot:

Edit: only works for online mode...

WHY BONER NOW fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
https://turtlerockstudios.com/news/b4b-2223

quote:

Greetings, Cleaners!

What an amazing year 2022 was for us. First off, we wanted to thank all of you for making Back 4 Blood what it is today. With three expansions – Tunnels of Terror, Children of the Worm, and River of Blood – we’ve traveled on a fantastic adventure together beyond the walls of Fort Hope. This phase of our war against the Ridden now comes to a close.

Turtle Rock Studios is actually pretty small for a studio making AAA games. We don’t have quite enough folks to continue working on Back 4 Blood content while we spin up another game – yes, another game! Given this, it’s time for us to put our heads down, get back in the lab, and get to work on the next big thing.

Intrepid Cleaners, this is not a goodbye.
Back 4 Blood will continue to operate, of course. In fact, Back 4 Blood is currently offered on PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium tiers and available as part of Xbox Game Pass. You’ll also still find us hanging out in the SUBREDDIT and on DISCORD, as well as our official TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and WEBSITE because we love interacting with you and talking about our games.

Sorry to hear this, the added content was good and I was hopeful there would be more coming.