Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
This game is such a let down. Let me list all the problems I see in my short time with it:

- Guns feel like they have no weight to them, there feels like there is no unf when shooting most of the weapons. I guess this is similar to l4d but after the latest CoD and battelfields it feels really weak and unsatisfying.
- The game was very buggy/laggy for me. Lots of stuttering, lots of dead zombies still attacking me while sliding around on the ground.
- The card system is kinda neat but will be a monetization nightmare lets me honest.
- It looks kinda bad. I mean it runs fine, but it looks like five years dated.
- Some of the survivor perks are terrible. The survivor who gets an accuracy bonus for getting a kill literally gets the smallest most pointless boost to his accuracy, its practically non-existant.
- They added mantel-ing to the game, which is fine but then they still kept the dbno state when you fall off a lethal ledge which makes no point since we know these people can pull themselves up.
- Crows are dumb as hell, they will stay put as bullets fly all around them and only fly off if you aim directly at them. Feels stupid to make the horde mode thing crows and not just explosive barrels.
- Bots are stupid as hell.
- You can steal loot out from under your teammates nose, which is a problem old as time but its especially bad here with the tiered loot.
- on ultrawide it looks like the player is holding the gun literally up to their eyeball, it takes up way too much of the screen.
- The gravity isn't right. Seriously. Jump and tell me it doesn't feel like low gravity.

Its like they took l4d, barely evolved the formula, and added a handful of things to set it backward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
I think it speaks mountains to how many people want another good L4D type game that so many people are giving this dumpster fire a pass.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Pirate Jet posted:

Define “so many people,” because this game seems pretty doomed to flop.

Have you been reading some of the posts in this very thread lol

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

It owns that you cannot swap attachents from weapons to new weapons you find on the ground.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Xaris posted:

you can but you gotta fiddle with buying a new/temp one, swapping that to the ground, then swapping to the other weapon and swapping it in. it's messy and with how clunky the ui/item system is, not worth the effort.

on one hand letting you pull them out would be nice and would make buying them a lot more viable or interesting and more ability to build out a gun; but it would also heavily gently caress with the pacing of the game with everyone going into their inventory constantly trying to do Attachment Tetris and spend minutes deciding on if this attachment is slightly better or not.

How does this work when you are just out in the map and find a gun you want to put your attachments on?

Oh it doesn't.

Also this is a solved prolem, look at apex. If you find a gun on teh ground adn teh attachments on your gun map to it, it automatially swaps (and you can make it automatically take the best attachment if there are two)

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Lucca Blight posted:

I think the most surprising moment of the game so far is when Mom brags about committing rape back in the day. Not terribly sure who thought that was a good line to toss in the game in this day and age.

Haha yeah we heard that too. But it's one of those neck beard ,"a woman can't rape a man" type brush off. Ugh

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Wait are you guys talking about the line where she talks about getting drunk and loving the preacher's son when they were both teenagers? Because I read that as "bored and horny teen poo poo" rather than rape :stare:

She says basically "There was a cute preacher boy who didn't like me, well until a little liquor loosened him up" and its very date rape vibes.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Nah, she says "Me and a cute preacher boy went into the woods and when he got drunk he lost his inhibitions", there's nothing in it that says "he didn't like me", the implication is that he was repressed being a preacher's son.

Getting someone drunk so they sleep with you is rape. Hth

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

it's worse, they were both minors, she's a pedophile as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUGWPugNVLo&t=3552s

Here you go.

"Always loved a stroll in the woods. Reminds me of my teens. Minus Johnny Mayberry and a purloined bottle of my Pa's best hooch to loosen that boys inhibitions."

Creepy gross and rapey.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Man reading this thread after a night of playing of crazy. Except for the core mechanics being terrible, uninspired and worse in every way compared to l4d the game is a good!

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

skaianDestiny posted:

How's this game?

Most of the critical people tried it and already left this thread. Those remaining are really really thirsty for something in this genre. They are getting blood from a stone but hey they're having fun so whatever.

For me and many other people earlier in the thread who already bounced off it, it's a l4d clone that does everything worse than l4d while adding a ton of half baked unneeded and likely to be horrendously monetized mechanics.

Play aliens fire team elite, world war z aftermath or just l4d instead of this mess.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

64bit_Dophins posted:

My standards for a game like this are really low honestly.

If my friends buy it - I will probably do the same honestly which kinda sucks because this game is for sure not worth $60 - not even close.

It would be loving awesome as a free to play game though honestly.

Tell your friends to get those other games I mentioned instead. All much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

So it seems the game still sucks. I didn't expect much but I'm still disappointed.