Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill
The hive spawning in levels is also extremely random. I was farming totems and had one campaign where I had a hive with inner hive on 1-1 and 1-2, followed by a hive with no inner hive on 1-3. Having most of your cards and legendary weapons by 1-4 is nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill

tehinternet posted:

Firm disagree here. In the age of six episode TV “seasons” I’ll take a long form game provided it stays fresh and varied (not that the caves do this, but they’re shippable so meh)

As much as I like long form shows and stuff getting 4 people together for 4+ hours to play through a single act is a hard ask. We had three nightmare acts partially complete with different people because scheduling was difficult and it took over a month to finally complete those three act. Prior to adding the tunnels expansion the acts already felt too long, so I hope whatever they add next doesn't just extend the existing acts.

If you have a dedicated gaming group that is always available this is probably preferable, but not everyone has that kind of time.

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill
They added about 5,000 supply points and 100 skull totems worth of cosmetics in this patch. I feel bad for anyone just picking up the game because if they want to be able to consistently get burn cards for higher difficulties they're in for ~200 hours of grinding.

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill

Lucca Blight posted:

Like, just ADD the 15 card dump as an option. Just like there's no reason the random card draw isn't an option in the menu.

The devs have said that they will most likely be adding draw modes as options in the future.

At first I wasn't sure about the 15 card start because I liked how you would slowly improve each map until you had your full build active, but the more I play with the 15 card start the more I like it. The build I'm currently using is extremely good but if I had to draw the cards 1 at a time I would be a burden on my team for at least half of the campaign until my build became active. I feel the 15 card start opens up a lot of builds that otherwise would be extremely boring/useless for the majority of an act.

Edit: I can't find the posts where they mentioned the card draw options, but I believe they were also talking about adding a random draw mode where you have to play with the cards it gives you.

BonerKid fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 19, 2022

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill
We finished No Hope tonight and it was one hell of a slog. (we even managed to got all the hives)

Our first attempt through Act 1 got cut short due to the recent patch which nerfed my melee build, so the next attempt I ran with a Heng accessory build which worked extremely well. I suggest this build for anyone who wants to keep their team overflowing with accessories, although it might not be so great with an un-coordinated team since they need some patience to allow your molotovs and pipe bombs to get kills. Your main weapon is the belgian and you focus on clearing common with it to spawn molotovs which keep the train rolling.

Acts 1 and 2 had some hard levels, but we didn't have too much trouble and I'd even say it was fun at points. I was able to spawn enough accessories with pinata that we always had the supplies we needed and it kept our economy up, I even spawned so much poo poo on the diner holdout that it caused the game to lag out and grabbing accessories took over 20 seconds.

Act 3 however is another story. The first half is extremely not fun with the maps taking us 1+ hour of attempts where we got some of the worst boss spawns possible. The second half wasn't terrible, but the fact we didn't get a single offensive accessory slot until the 3rd last map sucked. Surprisingly we got through body farm and Act 4 on the first attempt.

I feel that with a bit of balancing No Hope could be my preferred difficulty, but it's currently a bit too punishing/stressful to be something I'd want to play regularly. The most annoying difference is that tallboys have double the health from nightmare and can do over 100 damage per swing.

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Is this graphic from in game? If so where can I see it?

There is no way to see your progress in game, I've been using this site https://b4bstats.mazz.lol/self/

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill
The new DLC is dropping tomorrow and it looks fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6ZLD7exr8k

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill
You could always play with someone that already has the DLC. Only one person on the team needs to own the DLC to have the new content available and you can still get the rewards/currency when you don't own it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I have no friends, so that's out unfortunately :emo:

A bunch of us play regularly, come join us on the discord in the thread OP