Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Mailer posted:

This. I generally just have one other person to play with, so we're pretty hard capped on progression in most games. Sounds like easy will be a challenge in b4b, and after completion we'll uninstall. Given recent co-op experiences it feels like everyone else in the world is asking for more GTFO and less l4d.

given steamcharts numbers, nobody is asking for GTFO :v:

when one of the pre-release streamers said the exact same thing about difficulty I thought during the beta -- "the jump from easy to normal is too big" I just said ok sure and wrote it off for a few months. If they fix it, great, because the actual actions of playing was pretty good - but without doing something to differentiate specials and moderate the difficulty curve, nah. None of my problems were impossible to fix, so I hope they do.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

first impressions are that it feels a lot better than the demo though, far from perfect but specials are making sound cues much more consistently and there is overall less of a sense of jank with the zombies.

see, that's good news right there.

Psion fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Oct 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

It's not as bad as it sounds, because supply point gain is up (I was getting double-digit extra numbers vs previous runs on every level of act 2 veteran) so you'll burn through the fixed supply lines for regular cards a lot faster, unlocking more rotating vendor slots. And there's still a rotating vendor who has burn cards even for a new player, iirc

because this patch really amps up supply gain I'd say it's probably better for a new player now, honestly

the skull totem lines front-load useful cards and the expensive cosmetics are at the end of each track, as well

I can consistently buy burn cards despite not having all the cosmetics and nowhere near 200 hours, is what I'm getting at

Psion fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 8, 2022

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

yeah I mean, there's still a lot of times you're gonna have to rolleyes and buy a cosmetic before you get the item you want in a track but at least it's faster now.

imo skull totems are the real jerk of a grind because you're limited to 3 per hive and they take a while, 6 if you get the deep hive but even then the time to skull ratio is .. ehhh.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

It's a really good update with the glaring exception of the huge issue that the duffel bags not weighting the new cards is hell on RNG earth, especially since skull totem track and holiday item unlocks are in the pool alongside all the new cosmetics.

I like that I can get all this stuff in bags but the odds are real, real bad of getting any new cards for a very long time and that's terrible. Yes I got the worst of the new cards first and it's my only one so far, why

it's a temporary frustration but it's also one where I'm mystified this one made it to release as-is.

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 5, 2022