Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

The Hambulance posted:

I generally dislike YouTube streamers (I'm old and grumpy), but Swingpoynt has a lot of good videos related to B4B. Prior to watching his videos, I had no idea what the upgrades did to slots 3, 4, and 5. Dude can talk incredibly fast, but his videos have changed the way I play the game. He really gets off into the weeds with the math, and I genuinely appreciate him showing how he figures everything out.

Here's a video where he talks about bullet stumble and how important it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ttBh07PPWk

He has one where he and his friends run T-5 on Nightmare, and their use of the razor wire completely breaks the level. I had previously just disregarded razor wire as useless, but it's pretty amazing when you have your Quick Slot upgraded to purple and the wire deploys as a circle.

He builds a deck to give grenades 13,000 damage that I have to check out.

Yeah, I really struggled with T-5 until watching that video of his, and it's a total cakewalk now.

If I could only recommend one of his videos though, it would be this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZWPF7L5D8I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

limp_cheese posted:

The specials in WWZ are better than B4B if only because there's only 5 compared to 16.

Yeah, this is what usually happens for the quick call outs:

Tallboy = "Big guy"
Crusher = "Big guy"
Bruiser = "Big guy"
Exploder = "Big guy"
Reeker = "Big guy"
Retch = "Big guy"
Stalker/Hocker/Stinger = "stalker"/"hocker"/"stinger" (any one of these randomly)

Turning on the closed captioning option at least helps to better differentiate the actual types, especially when you don't have visual sight of them yourself just yet.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

I try to play just amongst friends so that we can coordinate cards like that.

For economy, usually the melee player will take copper scavenger and the rest of us will take money grubbers (which has a very confusing description that doesn't convey how great it really is. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VocpDA_jAng ). We'll pretty much always be able to buy at least one of the team upgrades (often both).

Doc runs support scavenger, the grenadier will run offensive scavenger, and then one of the others may take weapon scavenger.

Varkas fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 13, 2022

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

Oh, you think you like barb wire eh? Cute.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Back4Blood/comments/slo188/fort_hope_v2/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

What does "Damage Falloff" (e.g. "Damage falloff rescaled to 2250/2750/3000 from 1750/2500/3250") mean in the Balance Updates section?

I want to say those numbers are the centimeter distance for changes to damage falloff, but I don't understand why there's 3 numbers instead of just 2. I'd would think the first number is when damage fall off starts, and the second would be where where it flattens out again.

https://statty.net/ is a good site to visualize the differences between weapons (it'll naturally need a bit of time to reflect today's changes).

Varkas fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 9, 2022

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

The Hambulance posted:

I've noticed a weird effect when I kill a Hag. I sometimes get a wavy haze around the outskirts of the screen that lasts until the round is over.

Is this a "me" issue? Or is there a buff that comes with getting the kill on the hag that I've been missing?

It's probably the revised Amped Up effect that triggers all the time because of all the hordes (like the one the Hag does).

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

The Hambulance posted:

Another thing I don't care for is the infected being unable to break alarmed doors any more. Or at least they can't break them when it's advantageous to the player. I really wish there was a counter other than carrying a bunch of tool kits.

Apparently the devs intended to also include a new card to open alarm doors silently, but that card didn't make it in the update :downs:

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

Rick_Hunter posted:

So if you're trying to minimize ridden and specials do you just activate with the toolkit, wait for it to go across, kill/clean up enemies and then wade through the water?

I'd only use the toolkit on it if I was actually trying to ride it across.

I've only recently started triggering the ferry and *not* riding it, but it seems to result in a lot less issues overall when we do it that way. Crossing still isn't super bad if you make use of the docked boats along the way.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

Xaiter posted:

One small thing I'd suggest if you got a coordinated team. Don't use STW. Ideal copper generation is 1 Copper Scav + 1-4 Money Grubbers. Folks have done the math and MG is crazy profitable. You still want one Copper Scav to FIND the piles and spawn more piles to stack up MG's bonus.

You probably don't need more than 1 or 2 MGs + Copper Scav, so your team can get away with 2-3 cards on Copper economy rather than 4. Seriously, MG makes an insane amount of money even after the nerf. It makes every other copper economy card look like garbage.

Yup, this. I think the only scenario where you may want to do STW over money grubbers would be if everyone on your team is legit speed running and never stopping to loot.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

Some substantial changes with today's patch: https://back4blood.com/en-ca/patch-notes/june-2022-update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

Cage posted:

The gravel event in 1-3 seems to be a never ending horde now, at least it was the last two times I played it in nightmare.

It's always been an endless horde in nightmare. Pain train is pain.