Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
This game is fun! Weapons (shotguns) are fun to use and theres a good variety. Wish you could detach attachments though. Crossplay is neat! PS4 users seem to load slow though.

I don't really know what I'm suppose to do with the special infected thats like two stories tall though. One time the game spawned him outside when I was inside and it took like 5 minutes to get bored enough to go and despawn.

The card system is okay, I don't hate it I don't love it. They get better as you advance.

I was big into L4D/L4D2 versus modes for years but got bored of it so lately I've just been running through new campaigns with people so this game scratches that itch nicely.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage/ if anyone wants to add me.

Cage fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Jaytan posted:

The bot AI isn't good, but it gets a lot of handicap bonuses that make it ok to play with. The only thing I found really lacking is the bots don't prioritize rescuing folks when pinned down highly enough. Losing half your health bar while doofus bot stands five feet away is a loving horrible experience.
A lot of randos aren't the quickest coming to your rescue either. Not attuned to the sound that plays when one of your teammates is pinned I guess.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Are there microtransactions in this game?

Don't look for copper if you don't want to. The guns and items you buy can be found stashed around the map. Its just a way to reward exploring the map a bit.

I'm also over 30 and have no friends and this game is fun enough. Gonna play now someone add me!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

ShootaBoy posted:

Can, not will. I spent like 3 levels at that 40 hp and we never found a single med station. They need to make sure at least a single one will spawn in the saferoom, if they keep this really colossally stupid trauma mechanic.
Can you also just spend copper to restore your health to 100% in the safe room supply box?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
It feels cool as heck getting swarmed in a corner and alternating between shotgun blasts and poking people with the knife. Very satisfying plunking of zombies.

Shotguns are great in this game. Hate when I find one with a 4x scope lol what am I gonna do with that get the hell out of here

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Game "Fatal error!"'s me when I try to launch it now. :mad:

Trying graphics update.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Fists Up posted:

It would be very frustrating to be playing solo or only with random groups.
This is me as I have no friends. Game is still very fun, check it out on gamepass!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
If you go shotguns 100% of the time you rarely have to fight for ammo. Find yourself a desert eagle and you are 🤌

Joined a game where I got to pick 40 cards yesterday. Had 275 health.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ive been having good luck with making my way through veteran with 3 bots, but man T-5 sucks with them. Obviously they don't pick up any cases and they aren't great with ogres either.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

deep dish peat moss posted:

PC Gamepass players are marked as xbox, and gamepass is currently $1 for 3 months, so players marked xbox are effectively free players right now

I was just playing 2 player with 2 bots and some random xbox player Holly, we were on the map where you have to blow up the boat. So we get across the bridge and... they don't loot the explosives. I spent 5 straight minutes pinging the bomb and saying "please pick up this bomb" in chat and over voice but they just kept defending the bridge. I alt-tabbed out and read the forums for 15 minutes while they just stood there in the background and defended the bridge and did nothing else. I alt-tabbed back into take a screenshot to make a post about how there are maybe bots, but right when I did they finally ran over and looted the bomb. I jumped off the bridge with the other bomb then alt-f4'd :shrug:
Why not just do both bombs yourself? You sure showed him and yourself.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Stacking a 40% and 50% reload speed card really makes me appreciate the TAC14. That thing fucks poo poo up.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The last three times I used a shotgun burn card the game threw the stupid double barrel secondary shotgun at me. Screw you, game.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

TheJadedOne posted:

The most fun in the game is loving around with friends in voice chat pump shotgun with 100% reload speed BOOMCHKBOOMCHKBOOMCHKBOOMCHK

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Fix the bug where if you have Purple rated quick items/health/grenade and the game throws another "Quick Item/Health/Grenade Upgrade" at you if someone buys it congrats you now have regular rear end uncolored items because lol

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Yeah, a lot of the depth is locked behind card unlocks too. If you can't get through the run and get some of the early good stuff, you aren't really seeing what the game has to offer.
Saw a corruption card I hadn't seen before, a constant damage over time but temporary health on every zombie kill to mitigate it.
Thats one of the rarer ones and I hate it because I always instinctively turn around whenever I see the red damage flash.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

No. 6 posted:

I play this on PS4 and it's fun

No. 6 posted:

This game sucks. I really tried to give it a shot but there were too many issues.
:lol:

I assume anyone leaving just isn't using shotguns. Use shotguns they're fun. The only attachment I care about is the 75% stumble let me at it :ripandtear:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I dunno if it happens on all the sound modes, but I've been using Punch and shooting in tight hallways is much louder than wide open areas and sounds very excellent. I remember googling a few weeks ago and finding pretty much 0 information about the different modes: Default, Dynamic, Night, Punch. Anyone know?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I'm having trouble finding a list of all the legendary items. I found this blurb on a website:

The Tenderizer – a giant melee hammer that dismembers enemies and deals explosive damage in a large area when it hits.
Damnation – a shotgun with incendiary rounds that light up Ridden
Prototype 378 – a submachine gun with electrical rounds that slow enemies.

I found a deagle that has poo poo range but gives you up to 10 copper per kill, that was pretty rad. Also a stock attachment that was just "+70% accuracy when crouching".

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
God I hated drg.

Had a weird thing happen when doing a nightmare run earlier. Loaded up 3-1 and was met with 0 cards of any kind. I restarted the game to see it was a glitch, but nope. There were 0 regular zombies, just birds and a few snitches. Very bizarre. Next map was fine.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The gravel event in 1-3 seems to be a never ending horde now, at least it was the last two times I played it in nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Oops, did not know! I only started dabbling in nightmare recently.