Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

64bit_Dophins posted:

Also is it just me or are weapons seriously unbalanced? I feel like the rifles and the regular sidearms (handguns) are the only ones that are really viable. I've tried using shotguns and sniper rifles and from what I've seen they are pretty useless... The game for sure needs a lot of balancing...

The game also has a certain level of "generic-ness" that other people have pointed out ITT. There have been times where I feel like I'm playing a Chinese free to play ripoff of a more successful game... If anyone here every played any of the free to play games on ijji.com back in the day (like Guns: The Duel) you know what I'm talking about.

That's not to say that the game is bad or not fun, I've put down serious time in free to play games on ijji, but if you were expecting the kind of polish and

All of the weapons are fine except the sniper rifles make no sense. The non-AA12 shotguns are a little lacking but they certainly work, plus you need to diversify ammo types in anything past easy mode or you will always be out.

I’m just not entirely sure when the game is supposed to be fun. I mean I already have a pretty low tolerance for PVE shooters, but there are definitely balancing issues for certain sections. I certainly can’t justify the $60 price tag at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Just go to the website and put your email in.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Is the Admin reload in the beta? I got it in Versus mode but didn’t see it in Campaign yet.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Dalmuti posted:

i keep getting failed matchmaking errors when i start the client up. anyone know whats up with that?

Did you check the dates the beta is available?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Senethro posted:

Anyone worked out how the cards work? The #1 starter slot seems like a good position for the Knife. Supposedly a dev said something about the #1-#5 slots?

After you've picked a card it seems to vanish from your deck and once you've got less than 5 cards left, you get lovely generics like +5 health.

The card system is very dumb. Like it’s an OK system, but it literally just gives you cards in the order you put them in your deck. It doesn’t shuffle or anything. So your first card you get automatically, and then you can choose from your next 5 cards.

You should probably play the first game on the easiest difficulty and then build a deck after.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Mooooommm stop shooting me.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

My guess is the baseball bat is viable once you get 2-3 melee damage cards. If you aren’t killing regular zombies in one hit it’s not great. That said both the tomahawk and fire axe are fantastic but don’t have a wide arc, they are great for kiting mobs through door ways while healing yourself, conserving ammo and even building temp health for teammates.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I tried nightmare with some friends last night. Most of us have all of the cards. So yeah, not only do zombies of all types have more health and do more damage, you will most likely get a card that either makes zombies explode or drop a pool of acid when they’re killed. So melee can basically be ruled out entirely. If you get downed, and you will, you’re going to bleed out fast because you either get stomped by zombies yelling the N-word or you shoot them and the acid gets on you so you bleed out even faster. The acid pools last for quite a while, so have fun not being able to progress for at least 10 seconds every time you kill a zombie.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

You can run back and grab the mini gun from the tow truck and semi truck area

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Weak spots have a yellow hit marker

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

The regular ones, bruiser?, just have the shoulder. The ones that grab you, crushers?, have the mouth weak spot. From the one time I played Versus there is another variant too, I think.

I can’t keep track of who’s blade, laser and blazer.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Nah, there is another character who is a hillbilly but the devs made sure to tell us he isn’t racist.

There is also an Asian female doctor, which is not stereotyping at all. And a skin fade, swept back pink chick.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

$60 + season passes

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I like to let them decide what they’d prefer to be called on an individual level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

What do you mean turn on? I thought they’re on be default.