Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

:dukedog:
I'm already ready to give up on this game and I haven't even got to play the beta yet. I'm like everyone else, huge L4D fan, and got excited for this. Preordered it for ps5, and got my beta code from amazon on the 2nd. Didn't try to enter it till today. Says its already redeemed. Now I've been on amazon chat with reps trying to get a new code, and have been sent to over 8 different reps so far that just keep pawning me off to the next one. The current one I am talking to now just asked me to "return the game and re-order it". Like, wtf people, its a drat preorder and i need the code for this weekend.

Edit: Rep #9 now. As soon as I said its a preorder, I can't return it, that rep bailed on the chat forwarding me on again.

Edit #2: Rep number 12 now, been on chat for over 1 hour. Still getting nothing from these people.

Edit #3 Last One: Rep 13 finally got on there, looked over everything, and proceeded to tell me that they had to send a form to their Tech Department, and they would get back to me with a working code "within 4 business days". I normally hate when people do this, but I just went off on them, told them that I needed it for this weekend, and I'll cancel my order. They said "do you want us to cancel it for you?" so I just told them no, since no one else can do their job there, I'll do that too. loving hell all this hassle just to try a beta of a game I'm already seeing that I'll be hugely disappointed it. I guess this at least saved me the money on it.

TenTonHammer fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

:dukedog:

drrockso20 posted:

Amazon are absolutely abysmal to deal with when it comes to digital content codes, I've had at least twice games I've bought from them that were missing codes(God Eater Rage Burst and Doom Eternal) and it just sucked to get it sorted out

I think the reason it pissed me off the most is, I've had this happen before with other games, but it was fixed pretty quickly the other two times. I don't know what happened on this one but it was just an utter failure all the way around.