Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
If this drat thing comes out and doesn't suck, I'll probably drop a few thousand hours into it.

Hell, I might even chop my dick off because I won't have any time for sex because who needs that poo poo anyway when you have to kill zombies with the old crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

So does this game have a versus mode that is anything like the L4D games or what?

I played an unholy amount of hours in L4D2 and played 95% in versus including a lot of the Confogl/Promod mods that made the game much harder because I hate myself.

Coop is fine but I always had more fun seeing opponents lose their goddamn minds and rage hard as gently caress because they're losing a video game.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

CuddleCryptid posted:

It's a "survive the arena" kind of pvp, you get dropped into an area as the survivors and the other side gets to play as the special zeds, and the survivors try to hold out until the time runs down.

There's no "drop into a regular run and mess it up" mode which is a real shame.

That sounds really stupid and lovely. The crescendo events in L4D were literally "find the most meta spot to hold out until the door opens" so if it's like that but all the time...sounds like Steam sale material!

Also, snipers were OP as poo poo in L4D if you were a decent shot. They actually had to limit the hunting rifle to 1 per team in competitive games because it was ridiculous. Focus fire from a team full of HR's would melt a tank insanely fast and you can stun-lock a witch with headshots with it until she died a shameful death. They eventually removed it from comp entirely because it was EZ-mode poo poo.