Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I played about an hour and a half before I turned it off because I got bored. I can't quite put my finger on why but it just isn't grabbing my interest. Simply no chance I'd ever get it at the asking price.

It did make me wanna reinstall Vermintide 2 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

but yeah not gonna pay 60$ for the beta access

You can get into the beta by having specific twitch streams on mute in a background tab for an hour. You don't need to preorder.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

$60 is more than twice what I would consider paying, just to dick around with friends. The lack of a real Versus mode is also a killer, we spent thousands of hours playing Realism Versus, we are that 1.5% of the player base. A badly balanced time attack mode is a big swing and miss.

It's an optimistic asking price, think it would do much better at $40/£30 like Vermintide 2 and World War Z both launched at.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

RBX posted:

Wondering how much of L4D was thanks to valve's help. Or lots of the old devs left the studio since then.

It's one of those things I never got about game fans. Game X was amazing so game Y will be too, regardless of there being say, 5-10 year gaps in between them. I can only speak for regular software development but generally devs rotate to new jobs every 2-3 years.