Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Verviticus posted:

the only thing that had any lasting power in l4d and l4d2 was the versus mode and im not sure i trust that mode to be fun with the card and leveling and all that rpg bullshit
And with new Special Infected Ridden being tied to the season pass DLC...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The biggest issue IMHO is that, despite a full decade of technological evolution, it doesn't really do anything better than the game it's attempting to be a spiritual successor to, which kinda sucks when said game is $50 cheaper and has mod support.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

RBX posted:

Wondering how much of L4D was thanks to valve's help. Or lots of the old devs left the studio since then.
I think after "Valve South" (aka the original Turtle Rock) was disbanded, only a small number of devs stayed behind to form the new Turtle Rock while everyone else moved on to either Valve's main office or other nearby studios. Combine that with ten years of comings and goings to and from different studios as the tides shift and change, and there probably aren't a lot of L4D veterans left at Turtle Rock. Or Valve, come to think of it - I know the lead writer/producer on the L4Ds started his own studio and is working on The Anacrusis, another L4D-alike that also doesn't look all that good.