Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

It'll get some traffic once betas are out there, hopefully more good posts than bad. I feel like i gave a LOT of notes from the last playtest, hope they took feedback to heart.

Did they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I think the developers know they've run out of time to craft something triple A by this stage, given the apparent lack of changes or improvements from the closed Alpha to the Beta builds which were a year apart or something.

That's why I think it's going to Game Pass. I definitely wouldn't be playing this as a full price game but as a GP release it should provide some entertainment.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

How does everyone else feel about the amount of guns? I felt like there were just way way way too many. Like, why are there so many variations of the same basic guns with slight differences in stats? Same goes for the attachments. When you add weapon quality on top of it, it translated to me spending way too much time hemming and hawing over stats when I'd rather be running and gunning. Looking over numbers before a mission is one thing, but once poo poo gets going I want to fight some fuckin' zombies yo

As many others have said, the beauty of L4D 1 and 2 was simplicity and instant recognition of special infected and tier 2 weapons. There's too much grinding stuff here and too little variety from the Game Director, too many impossible fights on harder difficulties and not enough personality to characters. Within a short time time of playing L4D I knew each character by sight and sound.

Back 4 Blood is trying to be jack of all trades, ending up as master of none.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Quick match is putting me into games where all I can do is spectate? What is the point?

Maybe not enough players yet and the bots are so bad they turned them off?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

The bots in the game are actually pretty decent now. I played a few rounds with humans on Recruit or whatever the lowest difficulty is and we got slaughtered. The Game Director's co-director must be loving cocaine, or Zapp Brannigan. We all got smothered in wave after wave of regular Ridden and then several specials spawned within seconds of each other.

The developers have clearly never heard of combat fatigue, again something that Valve made notes about. There's just this constant flood of Ridden.

When I played through with 3 bots we got through ok.

Just as an aside, take the toolkit in your support slot.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

The visual identity of the specials in this one is bad too. They all look more or less identical to me.

Also Ridden is a dumb name lol

Yeah just call them infected, zombies or anti-vaxxers.

Also the special infected need to spawn less, have less health, and have distinct music stings and appearances.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

The lighting and fog effects in this game are great!

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I really like those Sleepers as baddies, I try to keep an eye out for them but always blame myself if they get the drop on me :negative:

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Thus thread is flying now but the same is so much more loving fun with good level up cards.

With mele weapons attachments I can hold the hatchet down to make a rhythm from The Enity where the ghost attacks the lead. Creepy stuff.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 18, 2021

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

How's the toast this time of year?

Huh?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Just wondering if anyone has noticed some horror references in the game? The most obvious I've seen is the carpet in one of the earlier levels is from The Shining movie. When you have the hatchet equipped with cards that accelerate the melee speed, it has a similar tempo and sound to The Entity attacks in that movie.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Jack B Nimble posted:

Not horror, but there's a safe room graffiti that says "This used to be a nice neighborhood!", which was a line Coach used in the l4d2 trailer.

I also saw that Shining carpet and thought it was a great touch.

Nice catch! Anyone else?

The more I play this game the more I like it. It's not Left 4 Dead but it's really gelling with me now.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Not a reference to horror as such, but I don't know if anyone has mentioned yet that Tony Todd is the voice of Rodgers.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

They could use some UI ideas from Apex Legends in terms of loadouts and callouts.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Haven't played this in well over a month but I'll have to give it a go before I get back to work after a protracted time off.

Some of the really unfair mechanics remind me of game design in the 90s and 00s. 90s platformers were especially punishing at times, but a game that raged me much in the 00s was Spider-Man 3.

At one stage these dickheads with umbrellas would beat my bag in (how they could take a hammering from my superhuman strength is a question I will leave to the scholars), but once they stunned me, and I couldn't do poo poo for the guts of 10 seconds, they continued to attack and drain my health with impunity.

Feels like that in B4B sometimes. I'm already down, stop kicking.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

Sorry to poo poo up this thread about WWZ, but in case anyone wanted to get it for free, and you have Amazon Prime, you can claim it now.

How does that work?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Does the game now give you all your cards at the start of your campaign?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I take it the expansion isn't included with Game Pass? I'm not a frequent player but I load it up occasionally and it has its moments. Are the expansions worth a total of £18 roughly?

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 2, 2022

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

BonerKid posted:

You could always play with someone that already has the DLC. Only one person on the team needs to own the DLC to have the new content available and you can still get the rewards/currency when you don't own it.

I have no friends, so that's out unfortunately :emo:

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

BonerKid posted:

A bunch of us play regularly, come join us on the discord in the thread OP

Do I have to talk? I'm awful shy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

tehinternet posted:

I mean, I’m sure that you could find people good with that. It makes it a lot easier when everyone can quickly communicate, but the ping system is also pretty solid and lets you communicate without talking.

Also, you’re perfect just how you are, friend. You’ve got nothing to be shy about on SA.

That's a really nice thing to say, cheers! A 40 year old man shouldn't have to hear it but thank you kind goon.