Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Played a run on Survivor difficulty on Xbox just now. Overall impressions were that the shooting was good, weapon types are fun, and card/character customization is neat.

Biggest downside to me is the run system. It took us on our first blind run about 2 hours to lose on stage 6/8. We could have quit early, but there was a penalty for leaving. I would be more ok with the run system if the penalty wasn’t there. Makes it hard if you can’t always devote 2+ hours to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This is exactly what my friend said about the game - easy is so easy you could probably win with only melee attacks, but even normal is way too hard for a group of casual players who weren't all on comms. I watched a streamer group play Hard mode and the game just looked absolutely impossible, they spent two hours on a single level and used all three continues and still couldn't get past stage 2. Doing an entire campaign looks like it would take so goddamn long, which is not appealing

I found the easy mode very easy up until level 6/8 when you had to run the "gauntlet". No one in our group realized you had to just keep running because the game does a poor job of telling you that, so we hung back and wasted a lot of ammo until we realized we had to keep running. We also died in the boat, but that was because we were dummies and didn't see the exit at the top of the ship. Echoing whoever said the ferry boat was the coolest environment in the beta so far.

Also, it seems like the harder difficulties have fewer "stages" in a run. Survivor difficulty takes you through 8 (which is 4 too many in my opinion) and harder difficulties go down to 4 and then 2 for the hardest.