Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

Deftones- Ohms got a lot of plays from me since it was released. Every track is pretty consistent, and there's a good balance of band interplay, moments of space, and some ferocious riffs. I didn't like Miss Anthropocene as much as Art Angels, but thought it was a more laid-back kind of effective creepy vibe that had great moments like So Heavy I Fell To Earth. More atmospheric. I wonder what Grimes will do next.

It's pretty obscure modern jazz, but some of my favorites were a couple of nu-jazz albums by trios that sound like live drum n' bass mixed with classical piano. Gogo Penguin- Self-titled, and a Polish trio Immortal Onion- XD (Experience Design). I wouldn't say they swing at all, but have great chemistry mixed with experimentation and a sense of constant forward momentum. Immortal Onion is a little more electronic, math-y and video game inspired at times and Gogo Penguin more acoustic.

There was a lot of grindcore and tech death that came out this year that I loved, and I was surprised by Miley Cyrus-Plastic Hearts which came out recently. Her voice really fits the new more rock direction she's going for and it was pretty consistent as someone who never really liked anything she put out before or even followed her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU