Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah, this. Getting a PS2 on christmas is still a cherished memory for me. I also found out my mom was one of those people who stood in line at 3am to get one on launch day and held out until christmas to give it to me. It was awesome lol. Watching The Matrix and Little Nicky on dvd like a king.

Hizke posted:

On topic, I used to live in upstate New York and one winter, still a few weeks out from Christmas, our basement flooded like crazy cuz it got a little warmer and a ton of the snow closest to our house melted. I was like 7 years old, it was 1 or 2 AM and I was helping my mom take buckets of ice cold water from our dark rear end basement while our sump pump struggled. My dad was working some lovely graveyard shift job so it was just us trying to get all this water out with like two buckets but I told my mom I'd do it alone. I don't remember how long I spent pulling water outta there. It was insane. I remember passing out on the couch watching Sci Fi channel playing anime.

The next day my mom said Santa left me an early present, cuz he'd seen me working hard and it was Mario RPG. It's been one of my favorite games since then.

good moms

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
thats a really nice story

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
among other things my parents got me a very obviously bootlegged mario wall calendar with badly resized images ftw

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
used $70 of visa gift cards to buy Hyrule Warriors Defininitive Edition and Final Fantasy VII. Still have $200 cash, not sure what I'm gonna do with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

used $70 of visa gift cards to buy Hyrule Warriors Defininitive Edition and Final Fantasy VII. Still have $200 cash, not sure what I'm gonna do with it

used most of the rest of my Christmas Cash to buy Octopath Traveler, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 3 Deluxe.