Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

every year I would tell Santa Claus "power me up with nintendo, santa!

now I have my own kids, and the oldest loves zelda already and will be getting some Zelda presents under the tree. merry impmas to all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it's a really nice story. my dad sold his drum set to buy our nintendo and spent countless hours playing with us. he still asks if there are any games he can buy for me at christmas, and I always tell him to buy more stuff for the grandkids instead. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to have their own console and play the games themselves.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

blowing all the dust off the ps4 and removing the mothballs from last of us 2 game of the year enhanced for ps4pro edition. this is the game that taught me wocs and pocs can garrote a dog, yet it still causes harrowing emotional trauma. merry christmas!

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

Merrry Impsmas

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

My niece ignored all the toys she got to chew on a handmade copper water jug I got my ma

lol

my two year old got mountains of toys, but he's transfixed by the Disney's Frozen Yule Log and the map of Hyrule that came with a breath of the wild book we got him. he's repeatedly asking "where'd Hyrule Castle go?" and when I point to it, he looks at me like I'm an idiot

merry Christmas and happy tidings

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

it was cool going to family holiday parties every year and seeing which version of smash Bros we were playing since it hasn't stopped for 20 years now and the smash just keeps getting better. Can't wait to unleash the One Winged Angel on my family next year if we get the chance.

can still remember my four year old cousin who's now in his mid 20s playing as donkey kong and only using the throw move and everyone just letting him do it because of how much he laughed. thanks for multiple generations of laughs, masahiro sakurai

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

lmfao

when my nephew was 4 i got guitar hero 3 for christmas and he was obsessed with it so we spent the whole day with him sitting on my lap pretending to play it with me and singin the songs

I remember after that they made the one that also had drums and a mic for singing, and I was at this party where people were basically using it for karaoke, people were having a good time, and then one guy said "give me that" and he put the mic INSIDE his mouth and made this buzzing sound, and it hit all of the notes at once and be got a perfect score. everyone was laughing while it happened but then it was kind of like "well... where do we go from here, though?" so the game was ruined for everyone and we had to do something else

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

imagine slaying your very first slime....

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the slimes have patiently smiled as generations of erdricjs and zenithians slaughtered them by the hundreds, toppling their kings and their red cousins, smashing their metal brethren, all for a few experience points and enough coin for a chain sickle. they deserve our respect and admiration

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nostradingus posted:

I try not to slay slimes because they're too cute

what are you going to do, walk all the way to cantlin and kill a ghost with your bare hands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mycophobia posted:

among other things my parents got me a very obviously bootlegged mario wall calendar with badly resized images ftw

one year a friend of mine got some "rare captain N dvds" from eBay and it was just all the episodes recorded in a quality so bad, the sibilants made the speakers hum, and put on a DVD-RW. I felt bad because he paid over $100 for it.