Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Negarretep
Dec 22, 2020
After the untimely death of Steve it's time for the rise of a new hero Frank the half-elven Fighter/Mage/Thief
Same as Steve Frank is going for Insane SCS A God Among Men. Hopefully he fares better.

Charisma is a little low, but strength is good so let's roll.

Poor Drizzt, how will he explain this to his friends?

Standard basilisks into ankhegs gets me my xp. Some thieving gets me cash and gear to continue onwards.

Melicamp lives! Doesn't get my any reputation though, fortunately my luck is a bit better than with Steve and I scrounge up enough to get me to 19, flooding the mines will top me off.

Interestingly backstabbing Mulahey and then choosing the 'Tazok is displeased' option seems to put him into a loop where he talks to you repeatedly instead of summoning his friends or casting spells.

Fire wands are extremely satisfying.

Davaeorn down. Someday I'll miss that backstab and I don't even want to think about that.

Poor Belt, never stood a chance. Even if he had survived I would have killed him so perhaps this is the best result for everyone.

Decided to skip Durlag this time around, time to fight Sarevok

I've got a bunch of paralyze wand charges, maybe I'll do that. Oh look at that save, I guess not.

Fortunately fire wands still work. Perhaps a more satisfying death for my brother than just stabbing him in the back.

Honors: Ironling, Strategist, Purist, Double Damage, Librarian, Melee Champion, Battlemaster, A God Among Men

Negarretep fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Suspicious posted:

Mirrored eyes potion wont last long enough to clear the map of basilisks, but a green scroll of protection from petrification will. You can buy one at the Nashkel carnival.

Or regular lvl 1 blue scrolls of protection from petrification works as well.

Negarretep
Dec 22, 2020
You can also just grab Korax, he is immune to petrification and will happily murder all the basilisks for you.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
António the most neutral of fighter/mages makes a shocking discovery!

Caelar's creepy assistant is :siren: EVIL :siren:

I didn't remember exactly how things worked here and walked into a mage battle completely unbuffed. Oops. Everyone's disabled in some way and Neera gets chunked.

I managed to somehow win the fight with no more casualties. Creepy dude runs away for reinforcements and all I really have left is 1 cast of invisibility 10' and a fervent hope that no crusader has a mean to detect and/or remove invisibility.

Turns out nobody could! A "clean" getaway!

The coalition camp was under attack but we were able to repel the invaders. Time to bring the fight to Caelar!

This is a clusterfuck of a battle. The combat log scrolls at 100 mph and is completely useless. Still, looks like we're winning!

Oh look, someone managed to stun António and he died. Stun is so loving stupid. There's no protection against it (free action doesn't help), no way to remove it (remove paralysis doesn't work) and the AI will immediately mass focus fire a stunned character and kill them instantly.

RIP António, killed by something you can literally do nothing about.

Negarretep
Dec 22, 2020

Suspicious posted:

Oh look, someone managed to stun António and he died. Stun is so loving stupid. There's no protection against it (free action doesn't help), no way to remove it (remove paralysis doesn't work) and the AI will immediately mass focus fire a stunned character and kill them instantly.

Greenstone Amulet provides protection against a whole host of CC effects including stun. Using a charge of it provides protection for 1 turn (10 rounds).

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
TIL. But considering how long and chaotic the siege battle is, I'm not sure I wouldn't have died anyway between 2 recasts.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pendergreens has...been made irrelevant?

Let's backtrack a bit.

AMAZON AMBUSH! This is why I rest five times til I get to actually sleep at the edge of every wilderness area.

It's a tough but doable fight, especially since Jaheira's Charm Person and Mammal succeeds and we get to borrow their cleric for a bit.

Meanwhile, as we cut a swath through the wilderness areas

Vynd's an rear end but I can't help but like him.

Well that's a good sign.

Not much interesting to see as we clear out these wilderness areas, but after we return to Nashkel with Brage in tow, Isra gets a message from her Order:

Elsewhere, it turns out we weren't the first adventuring party that Vynd hooked up with.

...yeah, I think we know how that worked out.

Blind might be my favorite first-level spell, or at least my favorite one this side of Sleep. (Fun fact: I didn't pick Sleep for Pendergreens, opting to use the Sleep wand instead, since it'll be useful for about the same amount of time.)

And here's the other bounty hunter random encounter, the group that normally appears on the Gullykin map.

This one's a bit of a nailbiter but we prevail.

We rescue Dynaheir and send her on her merry.

We also rescue the Charisma tome.

In Peldvale we find another book for Finch's quest, hanging out in a container near the lake. It is either miraculously not water-damaged, or Finch can cast Mending or something.

That pun's a bit of a stretch.

We move on to the Bandit Camp.

This is one of my favorite SCS enhancements in BG1. The big change it makes to this fight is that the bandits instantly sound the alarm when you turn up, so that instead of doing some run-and-gun fights leading up to the usual boss fight, you fight pretty much everyone at once.

And it's a challenge but more importantly it's an opportunity to really cut loose. Isra's the MVP here, loaded to the kills with potions, up to and including a fire resistance potion that pushes her natural resistance plus what she gets from various bits of gear up past 100. She's also got a Necklace of Missiles.

I'm sure you can see where this is going.

She's also got a freedom potion going so we just drop webs everywhere and let her go to town while everyone else kicks in with missiles and spells. She has to run out at one point to get healed but it all goes pretty well, and the only thing left to do is mop up and collect the loot.

Which brings us back to

Vynd is all for saving the world but he really thinks we should be getting paid for the privilege, and yes he acknowledges that we're standing on a small mountain's worth of valuable loot at this point. Still, it's personal for us, and that's just gonna have to be good enough for him. We probably are gonna take his advice and wander through some old ruins and stuff first, though.

Pendergreens the Gnome Dragon Disciple has defeated the bandits and is on his way to the Cloakwood. You know. Eventually.

Oh, and we find another book for Finch.

Negarretep
Dec 22, 2020
After seeing everyone else running Siege of Dragonspear I thought I may as well run Frank the half-elven Fighter/Mage/Thief through it as well.
I don't know it particularly well though so let's drop the difficulty down a few notches.

I have distinct memories of you dying Belt, I hope you don't hold a grudge.
On a side note did they use text-to-speech for his lines?

Dragons apparently can hear you place traps, who knew? They know how to cast stoneskin and haste apparently.

Oh... oh no. drat monster spent so long hiding that my CC immunity wore off...

Everything is fiiiiiiiine. Nothing a couple healing potions can't fix. Then it's back in to finish the thing off.

Attacking the camp was pretty straight forward. I thought I remembered a bunch of mages spawning, but this is much more reasonable.

My heart sank upon seeing the mage on the bridge teleport away after a single round, precast defenses made it hard to kill her. Fortunately I was able to kill all the elementals and salamanders that came through the portal.
Frank the half-elven Fighter/Mage/Thief marches to war

Negarretep
Dec 22, 2020
And I'm an idiot who purged my imgur and now everything is gone. gently caress.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Siege of Dragonspear is taking a toll of dead Bhaalspawn this year.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
OK, this probably my last attempt.

He's baaaaack!

Super stoked to go adventuring once again!

Joe Average is culling ankhegs at the moment

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013

Suspicious posted:

Joe Average

My favorite

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
The adventure continues with Arelia the Fighter/Mage/Thief.

Last time we saw Arelia she was on her way to the Temple Sewers, to a) find H'D and b) take out the Cult of the Eyeless. Not ashamed to say that I went to pick up the Shield of Baldarun first, at this point basically the only thing that can kill me is over-confidence.

Only dangerous moment in that quest, the prison plane, Firkraag's Dungeon (picking up Carsomyr on the way), the Illithid base in the sewers, Bodhi's lair and getting into Spellhold was... right at the start of all that stuff, when a lich spawned in an area I had just scouted and saw was empty and so I went in with "shields down" as it were.

The Illithid base did have my current record swing:

The Spellhold dungeon was similarly uneventful, except for a potentially rough moment against Umber Hulks (hubris, remember!) but they went down in my confusion

Mage fights in BG2 normally are intricate chess matches. Mage fights with a solo FMT are "Hit them with Carsomyr until they die"

Getting off the island proved difficult as I got the bug where Saemon Havarian doesn't spawn, so I needed a quick trip to the console.

Likewise escaping from the Underwater City - I initially agreed to kill the Prince, then said "Nah I won't" so I didn't go in hostile, then killed him anyway. This resulted in me getting the reward from the chief guy and him disappearing off the map, but the reward didn't contain the rope and there was no way to get it. So back to the console.

This guy might have interesting things in his pockets, let's find out

Sure does

"Gather round for a mage fight!" the announcer cries, before I beat the other guy to death with a big holy stick

Hell yeah

I really hate that the Illithid section has them fall unconscious rather than die, which can result in this kind of annoyance:

But cleared the place out without much bother. Time Traps and Time Stop and Carsomyr and Imp Haste are pretty handy.

Sorry Adalon, I have your eggs in my pack but internet badges need to be won

Well, he's not wrong:

Construction time!

Another badge!

"Don't cheese Kangaxx with Protection from Undead", ah but how about cheesing him with Spell Immunity: Abjuration?

Onto Watcher's Keep. First floor: trivial. Second floor: What did I say about over-confidence?

Back when I first played BG2, by far my favourite spell was Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting. It's a massive nuke! With a mushroom cloud that's also a skull! It still sees a bit of use, however,

Into the maze and I signed up with the first set of demons, letting me lay traps to kill them pretty handily.

The second set was less fun. Loaded 3 Wiltings into a Chain Contingency on Enemy Spotted, which took down most of them, but then had to run around as fast as I could (Imp Haste + Boots of Speed is FAST) while dodging the remaining guys. I accidentally clicked on the south portal, which turned out to be handy because it took me back to the start and I got to sleep and change up spells.

Easy work with a Planetar.

As was Aesgareth, after I won a Scroll of Wish (Spectral Brand, not really useful)

So, on to the deck of Many Things! First up:

OOPS

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Joe Average

Melicamp DIED!

So did Joe when Neera's protection from petrification turned into a fireball! And she even had chaotic shield up! OK, lesson learned: NO NEERA!

Sup?

Joe Average 2 enters the fray!

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

MrL_JaKiri posted:

So, on to the deck of Many Things! First up:

OOPS

(This is why you cast Spell Immunity: Abjuration before reading from the deck)

Next up:

Boosh!

And finally,

Ehh, could be worse.

Another dragon down, and the Machine of Lum the Mad well and truly used. Current stats (inc the Erinyes buff):

Next up: STRANGER THINGS REFERENCES

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

The Continuing Adventures of Arelia the FMT!

Preparations began for one of the hardest fights in the game:

But it turns out that with a couple of time traps and three casts of time stop most fights are trivial

Or, in this case, spike traps

RIP demogorgan.

So, back to Chapter 6 stuff. Vampires die pretty easily when you're hitting for 52 on a non-backstab crit.

While selling extraneous stuff at the Adventurer's Mart, I found a bonus:

A rare two-hilted vorpal sword will be mine!

Off to Elftown, USA, where another dragon falls while time is still

Jon falls likewise

This sad chap doesn't even get a name, poor thing

The gang's all ready to go

Yeah, Time Stop is good

And DONE!

The Planetar was extra keen, following us across the map and attacking JI in the cutscene

Final BG2 stats (without CF, Strength 23):

Baldur's Gate 2 down!

Honours: Iron(wo)man, Born Hero(ine), Purist (assuming removing the level cap is ok here), (strictly speaking Iron Party again), Dragon Slayer, Helm's Champion, Gaxkang's a Wuss, Legendary Arms, (strictly speaking Roleplayer). No dishonours!

On to: Throne of Bhaal!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Didn't quite get my post-ironman BG2 run done last time, but I'm gonna give it another shot this time. Thinking... Cleric, probably.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Joe Average 2 the human fighter goes on a safari!

The dream team was quickly assembled and the safari was on!

Basilisks!

Sirenes!

Flesh golems!

Doom guards!

Doom... sayers? Sure!

So Joe, aren't you glad you left Candlekeep?

Alright! Joe Average 2 the human fighter is on his way to the bandit camp.

Oh and... Melicamp lived!

Suspicious fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 3, 2021

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
Alright, I was 14 when I last played BG1, though I've been through BG2 and TOB maybe a dozen times. I'm trying a solo sorc, core rules, but there's lots of dangerous poo poo so I'm using a throwaway character on a different savegame to scout ahead (e.g. what's the deal with that party of assholes in the middle of the basilisk map?)

Meet Bort, the elf Sorcerer.

I'm taking Sleep because I'm a coward and 18 strength because I don't want to wait around while I bonk sleeping things to death (not very power-gamery I know).

So even easier than getting the scroll is just to party with Jaheira, take her invis potion, and just hide behind Korlax while he goes to town

Made it to level 6, cleared the mines. Blew a bunch of potions/scrolls buffing for the final fight and he died to one charge from a fire wand... hmmm...

Probably the hairiest fight so far was this dumb blob of mold

I forget where the safest place is to go next, I guess I'll scout around slowly. Invisibility is a great spell at these levels.

Edit: speaking of which, are Sirines at the lighthouse a no-go for a solo character? Dire charm seems like a bad time, if I remember correctly (instant death), and i'm not sure being an elf protects against that?

Turds in magma fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 3, 2021

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Turds in magma posted:

Edit: speaking of which, are Sirines at the lighthouse a no-go for a solo character? Dire charm seems like a bad time, if I remember correctly (instant death), and i'm not sure being an elf protects against that?

Being dire charmed while solo is indeed instant death, but if you are an elf you are 90% resistant to it. So up to you whether or not you think it's worth rolling the dice for.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Turds in magma posted:

Send in summoned monsters. They only get 3 each (see my earlier post for this working for a solo fmt)

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Send in summoned monsters. They only get 3 each (see my earlier post for this working for a solo fmt)

Ah good point.

And why did you remove the level cap? Is triple class not viable with the built-in cap?

Is the cap going to ultimately shut down my run in BG1? I imagine a sorc is fine in 2 and TOB, but being stuck with level 4 spells seems annoying for BG1.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Also pick up the Greenstone Amulet from Ulgoth's Beard. A charge gives you full protection from most mental effects for a turn.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pendergreens the Gnome Dragon Disciple got murdered by a spider on his way to the Cloakwood. It was a Myrklokar or however they're spelled, so at least not a chump spider.

Happy New Year to me!

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Turds in magma posted:

And why did you remove the level cap? Is triple class not viable with the built-in cap?

Because I've not played in ages and it's easier.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I've been distracted by some shenanigans and missed some updates, I think I've got them all now, if someone sees something is not right, please yell at my general direction. Oh, and I'll start my own run, eventually, I hope :v:

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Hevn has meticulously avoided any and all plot development.

Basilisk hunting is fairly uneventful with a mage that can cast protection from petrification without petrifying anyone.

Suspicious posted:

OK, lesson learned: NO NEERA!
:hfive:

Next stop Ulcaster, because this seems like the easiest Wand of Fire.

And then Firewine ruins. Just gonna get the jump on the Ogre Mage and...

Oh dear.

Thankfully Minsc opted for beating Imoen to death instead of me.

A quick temple trip later, it's time to deal with the other mage.
The plan was to have Khalid get everyone's attention, and the cast Web + Stinking cloud on top of him. This did not account for the kobolds on the other side of the mage, who happily shot Khalid to death.

At that point, there was no longer a reason to avoid fireballs.

And this is why I'm not at the front.

Think I did something wrong, though - I never got an option for ressurrecting Khalid.

Back to the temple again.

My usual strategy for Sirines is berserked Minsc, which runs into a problem once he gets poisoned.

At this point I'm starting to run low on gold due to the constant ressurrections, so it's time to hunt some winter wolves.

Pretty good haul.

The second group of Sirines goes better.

Flesh golem cave goes well.

Assassins near Gullykin meet Web + Stinking cloud.

A quick sweep of the firewine bridge (I am not picking a fight with Kahrk).

Cleaning up the bottom right of the world map.

And since I have to carry Samuel to the Friendly Arm, this segues nicely into Ankheg hunting.

As well as the best screenshot of the run.

I also do a quick trip to Ulgoth's beard to grab the +3 Quarterstaff for Jaheira.

Killing Red Wizards.

And...oops

Khalid immediately drinks my only potion of freedom and tries to fight back. Luckily, half the party is outside web radius, and manage to help him stay alive.

And now that I have cleared out every map that doesn't involve bandits, I suppose I have to get back to the main plot.

Hevn is looking for some bandits to join.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Angry Lobster posted:

I've been distracted by some shenanigans and missed some updates, I think I've got them all now, if someone sees something is not right, please yell at my general direction. Oh, and I'll start my own run, eventually, I hope :v:

You've put Sarevok twice instead of Irenicus :v:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Turds in magma posted:

Meet Bort, the elf Sorcerer.

my elf sorceror is also named Bort

ok, let's try out magic

this missile seems pretty magical

gently caress

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
How did you manage to die without even moving?

eyebrow
Aug 17, 2008
I assume he attacked the tutor.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Welp, I've been making a paladin, and I'm starting to think it's cursed.

Matty the First got gibbed by the assassin at Friendly Arms Inn after every attack from him and the guards wiffed on his images.
Matty the Second got oneshot by the gender swapped ogre.
Matty the Third is rolling up into Bergost after remembering to pick up Ajantis, his pally bro.

To be fair, it's been a long time since I've played, so I'm probably just being overconfident.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007

Empty Sandwich posted:

my elf sorceror is also named Bort

ok, let's try out magic

this missile seems pretty magical

gently caress

All for the Simpson's joke :D?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Joe Average 2 the human fighter thwarts banditry!

Taurgosz is doomed + wand of paralyzation'ed as usual.

Khalid opened up the big tent fight with a potion of firebreath to the mage's face. Those things are great. Like a mini wand of fire's agannazar's scorcher. It hits twice and is a death sentence to mages in BG1. The human fighter was successfully command'ed and immediately died to focused fire. Wand of paralyzation failed to work on the archer in the back however.

Didn't matter. The gnoll was downed quickly and the hobgoblin archer was suddenly alone. Now to Cloakwood!

Another inconveniently placed mage, another potion of firebreath to the face. With the mage out of the way, the guards were simply put to sleep and culled.

Speaking of sleep... holy poo poo Xan.

I'll trade magic missiles for ending fights before they even start any day. Move over Dynaheir, Xan is my default BG1 mage from now on. I need a lot less healing with him, which means the cleric can memorize more utility spells instead of a bunch of boring cure wounds. All the best spells are enchantments anyway. Sleep, hold person, confusion, chaos, greater malison.

Another mage, another fiery surprise to the face.

Had Khalid drink a potion of magic blocking to eat the ogre mage's opening and uninterruptible confusion cast. His room in the EE is pretty neat. If you get to him quick you can save the lives of the slaves he's killing for kicks.

I didn't feel like dealing with Davaeron's usual bullshit, so I just spammed summoned monsters till he ran out of spells.

Mine is flooded. To Baldur's Gate!

Joe Average 2 the human fighter is on his way to the big city.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Capfalcon posted:

Welp, I've been making a paladin, and I'm starting to think it's cursed.

Matty the First got gibbed by the assassin at Friendly Arms Inn after every attack from him and the guards wiffed on his images.
Matty the Second got oneshot by the gender swapped ogre.
Matty the Third is rolling up into Bergost after remembering to pick up Ajantis, his pally bro.

To be fair, it's been a long time since I've played, so I'm probably just being overconfident.

Matty the Third found his groove for a while, but some bonkers pathfinding ended up pulling half the bandit camp, and everyone died to a hail of arrows.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Dootman posted:

How did you manage to die without even moving?

self-targeted magic missile

whoopsy-doodle!

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
So here's Bort, ready to do some damage in the bandit camp.

I don't remember any of this from...grade 7 when I played this last. Stone skin should see me through! (BTW go look up stoneskin in 5th edition...Druid/Paladin/Ranger/Sorc/Wiz? wtf?!?! Since when could Paladins cast our rad spells?!)

Here's their headquarters. I can tell already that my death will be forgetting to cast resist fear and having one of these jerks plink me down with acid arrow while I wander around for 2 minutes. Also minute meteors is as awesome as I remembered.

Who does this guy think he is? My fish is also named bert...

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Joe Average 2 the human fighter escaped Candlekeep!

How many mercs can Sarevok hire? Geez!

All too happy to ruin your plans, bro.

Though the thieves' maze.

Feels like half of Toril is employed by the Iron Throne.

Talked Yoshimo's sister out of committing suicide-by-bhaalspawn.

Cool getaway dig bro. Mind stewing in there for a while?

'cause I can really use a vacation from this poo poo.

Joe Average 2 the human fighter is on his way to Durlag's tower.

Suspicious fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 6, 2021

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

After about eight early deaths or quick reconsiderations, I have settled on my next victim for the meat grinder:

Rip Stipley, Human Wizard Slayer. He'll be dualing to thief, probably at 7.

For fun, and because I want to try the kit out, we'll be using Song and Silence's Sharpshooter kit for Imoen.

It basically trades the ability to grandmaster missile weapons and a poison weapon ability for backstabs, like a mini-archer. Since she'll still be dualing to mage, it'll be a while before the former pays off.

We leave Candlekeep, head to Beregost, and get to recruiting.

Courtesy of another NPC mod, this is Drake, a drunken cleric of Tyr. He's pretty well-written and, well, NPC mod voices only ever rise to the level of "adequate", and his aaaaaaaaaalmost makes it there.

Our first official wizard slaying, and we take Neera into protective custody.

Drake is not super impressed with Silke's performance. (If you were thinking of siding with her you'd be poo poo out of luck but lol who ever does that.)

Taking on Silke this early requires a bit of luck, even though Rip's One Stupid Trick gives us a bit of an edge. We unload a shitload of spells and attacks and, well, get lucky.

(If she wakes up for even a moment, she can unleash a chromatic orb sequencer which doesn't get lost to spell failure and is a probable death sentence for someone this early, because thank you SCS. A previous unreported run ended here because of that. But I really wanted a magic quarterstaff for Rip and gently caress paying for one.)

By comparison, Tarnesh doesn't stand a chance.

And this is going to be our party, at least for now. Acting Ex-Apprentice Librarian Rip Stipley is off to Nashkel.

Wizards Slain: 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Joe Average 2 the human fighter tackles TotSC content!

Does anyone ever not mass fireball the chessboard fight?

Turns out the greenstone amulet does protect against stun. Thanks Negarretep!

... except Khalid is still getting his rear end beat even with -9 AC.

So Khalid did what he does best. Run around in circles!

And just to be an rear end, the demon knight power word: kills Khalid mere moments before expiring.

Aec'letec turned out to be much easier because the wand of paralyzation works on him.

So we chopped his immobile followers to pieces while he watched.

Then he was forcefully sent back to the abyss.

The greater wolfwere and the Loups Garou were stunned too. Is there anything this wand cannot do?! Alright, time for the Sarevok fight!

A fully buffed Semaj immediately teleported down ahead of Sarevok. Joe introduced him to Mr. Arrow of Dispelling. Semaj then did what all unbuffed, focus fire'd wizards do (explode)

While luring Angelo down to the party, Khalid unfortunately tripped a stinking cloud trap and a web trap. He made his saves and was able to walk out of their AoE.

Angelo's buffs were then dispelled...

... and he got held by the web trap. He was not long for this world.

Sarevok was hot on his heels, though! And egads, he hits hard! But he was greater malison'ed...

and successfully stunned by (you guessed it)

Bye bro.

Joe Average 2 the human fighter is moving on to Siege of Dragonspear!