Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nostalgamus posted:

(I thought the Chaotic Good familiar had AoE inivisibility, but that seems not to be the case. Is that an EE change?)

That's an EE change, Find Familiar didn't exist until BG2, so Find Familiar was balanced around being level 7ish when you cast it. When it was added to the first game in EE they made it so you don't get the more overpowered powers straight out of Candlekeep. The hitpoint bonus is smaller too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Turds in magma posted:

So I love soloing BG2 and ToB as a sorc, but how viable is it on an ironman run in BG1? I gave it a bit of a test run and with sleep/shield and a bit of luck I can farm Ankhegs to level 4, but even then they can 1-shot me (even with 16 con and 19 dex).

Is this just going to be an exercise in frustration?

Get a mirror eyes potion and farm basilisks.

One issue is there's no mechanic for swapping spells so you'll be stuck with sleep forever. but by the time sleep stops being useful you aren't casting a ton of 1st level spells anymore anyways.