Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Negarretep
Dec 22, 2020
Steve the Elven Fighter/Mage/Thief enters the fray

spent some time rolling up stats because Steve will be going through the game alone on Insane SCS. He has a long journey ahead of him.

I start off by heading over to basilisks and picking up Korax, the best dog, who murders everything for me.

Poor Drizzt had a bit of an accident, I guess I'll pick up his gear and carry on his legacy of fighting evil.

Running around doing quests for reputation, sadly none of them give me any so I'm left at only 16 after giving away 10k to the church. At least Melicamp survived.

I suppose I should get around to dealing with this iron crisis thing. Fighting kobolds is awful so I sneak by them and assassinate their boss, that should be enough to deal with the issue.

Turns out haste potions don't work well when you already have a potion of freedom running. Backed into a corner and surrounded by a million spiders. With a little luck, some healing potions, and a fireball wand I manage to survive the situation.

Poked the spine of some pompous wizard. They don't like that much.

Hunted down the leadership of the Iron Throne and escaped the frame job. Time to track down this Sarevok and have my revenge, well, maybe not time yet... tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negarretep
Dec 22, 2020
Steve begins his unstoppable quest to hunt down Sarevok, but first I need some cash.

A little bit of theft never hurt anyone, hopefully I haven't crashed the local economy too horribly.

A little trip to some prison island. I keep hearing about these powerful mages but a sword in their spine always seems to work.

Gathered some evidence and presented it to the Grand Dukes. I really hate the Ducal Palace so I may have over prepared a bit.
After saving them I assassinate Belt to grab his sandthief's ring, he owed me his life anyway.

A bit of a mistake trying to get into Durlag's Tower, I guess I'll just kill this guy instead of sneaking past. He quickly reminds me *why* I like to sneak past.

Whisked away to a magical chessboard. I don't think this is how the game is supposed to be played, but I'll accept my new title as Chess Grandmaster

I get the pleasure of watching the Demon Knight kill himself, then snipe off the remaining copy.

It all leads to this, the final showdown with my brother.
Pretty sure my liver is giving out after drinking all these potions, but there's probably a potion to fix that.
5 invis potions and 8 charges of the sandthief's ring and Sarevok falls before me, probably very confused and frustrated as to what just happened.

Honors: Ironling, Strategist, Purist, Double Damage, Librarian, Trap Dodger, Melee Champion, Battlemaster, A God Among Men

Negarretep
Dec 22, 2020
Steve the Elven Fighter/Mage/Thief awakes to find himself in a dungeon, and not one of the fun dungeons but a torturey one.

Fortunately Irenicus keeps a stash of armor and weapons nearby for any escaped prisoners. Very thoughtful of him really.

Do you think he does his own decorating? That plant really ties the room together.

I manage to escape just in time to see Irenicus get arrested and locked away forever, crisis averted world is saved.

120,000 gold?!?!? I guess I'll just go to the land of magical gold trees then, or just go on a crime spree. Hopefully the local economy can support this madness.

Fireball and cloudkill wands get me through all the trolls and spores so I can trap myself a rakshasa and watch Cernd beat up a shadow druid.

Afterwards it's time to wind down with a trip to the circus. Curses, it's a murder circus. Why does this always happen?

Apparently reentering the area after being forced to run away counts as beating Bodhi. I guess I'll take it. No need to rush though, Imoen isn't going anywhere and there's much yet to do.

Bamboozled! I've been tricked into killing a bunch of guards and then someone was kidnapped before my very eyes. I should probably do something about this, you know, eventually.

Negarretep
Dec 22, 2020
I believe Davaeorn is just immune to most CC effects. As I recall he doesn't even roll saving throws against wand of paralyzation and just eats it with no effect.

Negarretep
Dec 22, 2020
Steve the Elven Fighter/Mage/Thief continues into the beasts lair to rescue people. Also to kill things.

Ended up pulling the vampires with the golems, juggernaut golem hasted everyone which led to some fun times.

But in the end the damsel is rescued and everyone is happy. I'll have to return later to deal with the dragon, he scares me.

On to the planar sphere! What could go wrong?

Ah, that's what could go wrong. Backstabbed the wrong enemy and I let a mage do things. Probably could have ran away when I saw an active mage but decided to try and fight it out.

Steve died to a finger of death while separated from his home plane no one shall ever know what became of him.

Negarretep
Dec 22, 2020
After the untimely death of Steve it's time for the rise of a new hero Frank the half-elven Fighter/Mage/Thief
Same as Steve Frank is going for Insane SCS A God Among Men. Hopefully he fares better.

Charisma is a little low, but strength is good so let's roll.

Poor Drizzt, how will he explain this to his friends?

Standard basilisks into ankhegs gets me my xp. Some thieving gets me cash and gear to continue onwards.

Melicamp lives! Doesn't get my any reputation though, fortunately my luck is a bit better than with Steve and I scrounge up enough to get me to 19, flooding the mines will top me off.

Interestingly backstabbing Mulahey and then choosing the 'Tazok is displeased' option seems to put him into a loop where he talks to you repeatedly instead of summoning his friends or casting spells.

Fire wands are extremely satisfying.

Davaeorn down. Someday I'll miss that backstab and I don't even want to think about that.

Poor Belt, never stood a chance. Even if he had survived I would have killed him so perhaps this is the best result for everyone.

Decided to skip Durlag this time around, time to fight Sarevok

I've got a bunch of paralyze wand charges, maybe I'll do that. Oh look at that save, I guess not.

Fortunately fire wands still work. Perhaps a more satisfying death for my brother than just stabbing him in the back.

Honors: Ironling, Strategist, Purist, Double Damage, Librarian, Melee Champion, Battlemaster, A God Among Men

Negarretep fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 31, 2020

Negarretep
Dec 22, 2020
You can also just grab Korax, he is immune to petrification and will happily murder all the basilisks for you.

Negarretep
Dec 22, 2020

Suspicious posted:

Oh look, someone managed to stun António and he died. Stun is so loving stupid. There's no protection against it (free action doesn't help), no way to remove it (remove paralysis doesn't work) and the AI will immediately mass focus fire a stunned character and kill them instantly.

Greenstone Amulet provides protection against a whole host of CC effects including stun. Using a charge of it provides protection for 1 turn (10 rounds).

Negarretep
Dec 22, 2020
After seeing everyone else running Siege of Dragonspear I thought I may as well run Frank the half-elven Fighter/Mage/Thief through it as well.
I don't know it particularly well though so let's drop the difficulty down a few notches.

I have distinct memories of you dying Belt, I hope you don't hold a grudge.
On a side note did they use text-to-speech for his lines?

Dragons apparently can hear you place traps, who knew? They know how to cast stoneskin and haste apparently.

Oh... oh no. drat monster spent so long hiding that my CC immunity wore off...

Everything is fiiiiiiiine. Nothing a couple healing potions can't fix. Then it's back in to finish the thing off.

Attacking the camp was pretty straight forward. I thought I remembered a bunch of mages spawning, but this is much more reasonable.

My heart sank upon seeing the mage on the bridge teleport away after a single round, precast defenses made it hard to kill her. Fortunately I was able to kill all the elementals and salamanders that came through the portal.
Frank the half-elven Fighter/Mage/Thief marches to war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negarretep
Dec 22, 2020
And I'm an idiot who purged my imgur and now everything is gone. gently caress.