Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://old.reddit.com/r/HuntShowdown/comments/klonxj/damn_hes_a_good_shot/

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Final match of the night, we all took Springfields and Officers. Kill a squad, take a bounty, head to the other bounty where the last team has been waiting. We heard a Chaos Bomb Avtomat at some point too.

We get there and it's an actual Avtomat with a Dolch, both of them using legendary skins. We easily kill them because they were bad at the game; I don't say that lightly because I'm also bad at the game.

How do you take an Avtomat and Dolch and miss every shot? Anyway I took them as trophies.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

By the power vested in me by random musings in tmt... I proclaim you guilty of crustophilia!
I don't know why people think there are no cheaters. I run across blatant cheaters at least once every night I play with a high skill group. I'm guessing the amount of cheaters you run across is based on your ranking. When I play with lower skilled groups I tend to run across less cheaters. I've played this game regularly for a few years so I'm very aware of map layout, gameplay mechanics, etc.

Just a few things I see regularly:
  • Entire team getting wiped from headshots well past fog rendering distance. This one is probably the most obvious cheating. We usually just exit the match at the start if it's fog because of cheating.
  • Obvious aimbots and/or wallhacks, especially once you can spectate after you die. The bad cheaters will lock and track on to people through walls perfectly. The really obvious cheaters will continually try to wallbang through surfaces that cannot be shot through. This can be pretty obvious like an entire team getting wiped by a nitro penetrating multiple walls with no possible vision. Once or twice is maybe just luck, but reliable blind kills in multiple games by the same person through 2-3 walls is very suspect.
  • Blatant teaming. This isn't a hack, and isn't technically cheating if done organically. Surprisingly it happens less than cheating, but we occasionally come across 6-man teams; sometimes the same groups of people. It's very obvious during the fight and can be 100% confirmed via spectating. The most annoying ones are those that fake fighting each other to draw you in and then fight you 6v3.
We'll often run into the same cheaters in a night, or within a day or so apart, amusingly they often have a name containing cheater or a play on words about cheating. I've even seen cheaters that have steam screenshots on their profile of texture replacements. I guess with a high rank the pool is smaller? I usually have to take a break from the game for a week or two because the obvious cheating is so bad. It's just not fun to get teamwiped through 2 walls by the same cheater multiple times a night.

Some other things that are frustrating but probably just bad/wrong UI:
  • Significantly reduced damage. For example, a gun does a minimum of X damage, but for some reason it does less than half per shot to an enemy when spectating.
  • Summoning weapons out of thin air. I've been spectating and seen players pull out weapons they don't have. Could just be a UI bug but it's bizarre.
There is also just straight up bullshit from lovely netcode:
  • Hits not registering despite getting the hitmarker. IE: Weapon does minimum X amount of damage, you hit enough times to do 150-200+ damage without heal time but no kill. I strongly suspect the hitmarker is client side which is bullshit.
  • Ping drastically changes hitbox. It's much harder to hit people if they're from overseas. When a teammate dies we look up the steam profile to see if the other players are from China or wherever, which means we need to lead more/spread out our shots more to get more reliable hits. It's also just obvious after taking a few shots that the person you are shooting at is a high ping player. No other game gives such a huge advantage to high ping players apart from peeker's advantage. That said, I know it's also harder to hit other people when you have a high ping so it's not an across-the-board advantage. These players will often use something spammy like a Dolch to make up for lovely ping. There are a lot of overseas teams on US-West too, presumably because cheating is even worse there.
  • Ping just causes a lot of issues not present in other shooters. I used to play with 15-20ms ping, and had to completely relearn the game after moving and having 40-60ms ping. Such a small change doesn't make as much of a difference in other shooters.
I see in a lot of places that people complaining about cheaters are just wrong and they need to git gud or whatever. But the real fact is that there are cheaters. A lot of them. A least in certain skill brackets.

AbsoluteLlama fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 29, 2020

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

AbsoluteLlama posted:

I don't know why people think there are no cheaters. I run across blatant cheaters at least once every night I play with a high skill group. I'm guessing the amount of cheaters you run across is based on your ranking. When I play with lower skilled groups I tend to run across less cheaters. I've played this game regularly for a few years so I'm very aware of map layout, gameplay mechanics, etc.

I see in a lot of places that people complaining about cheaters are just wrong and they need to git gud or whatever. But the real fact is that there are cheaters. A lot of them. A least in certain skill brackets.

Nobody in this thread has proclaimed that there aren't any cheaters--just that they're not super prevalent and shouldn't be a deciding factor on whether you buy the game or not. But yeah, that may entirely depend on what region and skill bracket you're in.

I think you've got a good sense of when people are deliberately cheating or not, but many new players instantly jump into the "he headshot me, he's a hacker!" camp, despite that other player maybe having thousands of hours in the game. I play regularly with this guy who is definitely not a cheater https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-mKmoQunLY&t=1112s (he got some good shots at the edge of the fog distance, hard to see with youtube compression), but you'll see accusations on his steam profile page from salty players.

I think a far bigger issue is whether matchmaking should prioritize full games over fair games, given the game's relatively low player pool. I feel really bad when my team gets matched with new players.

Edit: for reference, we usually play on US West in the evenings.

Varkas fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 29, 2020

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Well I bought hunt, since it was on special. Time to be bad at video games.

Edit any tips? I’ve already grasped the “melee everything where possible to avoid drawing agro” rule. Any trap weapons or traits and suchlike to be aware of? I’m guessing the melee weapons that aren’t tools are bad since the regular knife seems fine most of the time anyway?

Drone_Fragger fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 30, 2020

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Drone_Fragger posted:

Edit any tips? I’ve already grasped the “melee everything where possible to avoid drawing agro” rule. Any trap weapons or traits and suchlike to be aware of? I’m guessing the melee weapons that aren’t tools are bad since the regular knife seems fine most of the time anyway?

There are so so many tips, join the discord and feel free to get a run down by some of us in there!

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

Drone_Fragger posted:

From the last thread...

Varkas posted:

-Move as fast as you can without making excessive noise, but don't worry too much about the noise if it means you'd have to take a long detour.
-Nearly every audible sound you can hear, other hunters can also hear as well.
-Most gunshots can be heard all the way across the map, and you can hear horses/crows/ducks/chickens/dogs about a compound over (150-250 meters?)
-There are some particular occasions where it may make sense to crouch walk to avoid noise, but otherwise you will usually be better served by going fast/loud and making yourself a harder target. A crouched hunter in the open road on a day map is a super easy head shot.
-Similarly, don't move in a single direction for very long if you suspect you're being targeted. Be unpredictable with your movements.
-Compact ammo guns are not great at longer ranges--you need to close the gap or be amazing at head shots.
-There is no bullet drop, but you do need to lead your shots a bit.
-You can spawn next to other hunter teams. Check your map and look at the nearby roads/trails that are leading "out" of the map edges.
-Try not to start a fight with other hunters if you're out in the open and have no nearby cover.
-Try not to re-peek angles where you've been spotted and shot at.
-Plan what approaches you're going to take into a compound ahead of time. Is there a forest to mask your approach from a particular side? Are you likely to get pinched by another team from behind (did you hear shots on that side of the map during the game?)? Is there a nearby extraction on a particular side of the compound?
-Be careful about how you push a boss compound that has a defending team. Circling right around the boss building may mean that another team on the outskirts will pick you off. If you're geared for very close ranges then you may want to just push into the building hard, and if you're geared for long ranges then you may want to instead clear the perimeter of other teams before moving on the boss team.
-You can kill the bosses with the "world" melee weapons that you can pick up (the pitchfork and shovel are pretty much trash for this though). Killing them this way conserves your ammo and doesn't alert teams across the map that you're killing a boss (until you start the banish).
-Seek out fights with players; always go for both boss bounties. You're not going to improve your game by running away to extraction all the time.

-Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxQ4U13e3XQ (a little dated now, but most of the info here should be relevant still).

Apple2o
Mar 25, 2009

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 9 years!)

Drone_Fragger posted:

I haven't even played it but i'm pretty sure the best tip is "run the shotgun" because I heard people incessantly bitching about it when I watched streams of the game sometimes.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

Apple2o posted:

I haven't even played it but i'm pretty sure the best tip is "run the shotgun" because I heard people incessantly bitching about it when I watched streams of the game sometimes.

This is true. Shotguns are the reason we generally don't push into buildings that we know are being camped. Campers could be in a number of different corners and you generally won't know where exactly if they're sitting completely still, but they will know exactly where you are since you're moving about.

Romero is super cheap and has the best range of the shotguns. You just need to make your 1 shot count.

Edit: Related to this topic, the "Serpent" trait can be great for stealing bounties from teams that deliberately avoid grabbing the bounty tokens to try and lure you in.

Varkas fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 30, 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Drone_Fragger posted:

the non-knife melee weapons are really good at taking down players if you can get close enough. your first charged shot will throw them off enough for your fatal followup quickslash unless you exclusively target feet or something

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I'm pretty sure I have more kills with the cavalry saber than all other weapons combined

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Drone_Fragger posted:

No bad weapons but the (unsilenced) Nagant and Springfield. The machete and combat axe aren't uh, good, but hey if you have a Winfield or Officer Carbine you can get by just fine with anything in your second slot.
The cavalry saber and bomb lance are both exceptionally good at murdering players that fail to just headshot/shotgun you immediately -- both are a one hit kill to the upper torso, bomb lance kills on anything but a leg hit I think? and the bomb lance lets you just utterly destroy any non-hunter enemy in the game including bosses.

For shotguns there's cases to be made for all of them but if I'm doing terribly with long range weapons all day I just switch to Romero/Pax or Romero/silenced Nagant and can usually turn things around from there. The Romero is just an incredibly reliable weapon.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Varkas posted:

From the last thread...

Thanks!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the non-knife melee weapons are really good at taking down players if you can get close enough. your first charged shot will throw them off enough for your fatal followup quickslash unless you exclusively target feet or something

The knife is perfectly fine if you aim for the head.

The -heavy- knife is a god damned trap that you should never take. Yes, the light attack one shots zombies (head shots) but the heavy is slow, and anyone with a regular knife can kill you before you can get a second hit in if your first doesn't kill.

Melee is really powerful in any case - and many people panic and forget what to do when you rush at them.

Count Uvula posted:

For shotguns there's cases to be made for all of them but if I'm doing terribly with long range weapons all day I just switch to Romero/Pax or Romero/silenced Nagant and can usually turn things around from there. The Romero is just an incredibly reliable weapon.

I want to stress that the specter is trash garbage that offers almost no advantage over any of the other shotguns in a realistic fight, and distinct disadvantages otherwise.

The range is awful, the damage isn't great, and the re-fire - the pump action - is too slow to actually be a benefit vs all but the most brain dead players/teams. You're more likely to wipe a duo with a double barrel shotgun than you are with the specter. Or probably better off shotgunning one and stabbing the other, if you are in that sort of range. It's terrible.

Also: Do not ADS shotguns. A lot of video games tighten shotgun spread when you ADS (for reasons unknown). Hunt does not - ads offers no advantages for shotgun ADS, and you give up situational awareness doing so.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 30, 2020

Apple2o
Mar 25, 2009

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 9 years!)

DarkDobe posted:

The -heavy- knife is a god damned trap that you should never take. Yes, the light attack one shots zombies (head shots) but the heavy is slow, and anyone with a regular knife can kill you before you can get a second hit in if your first doesn't kill.

Melee is really powerful in any case - and many people panic and forget what to do when you rush at them.

I want to stress that the specter is trash garbage that offers almost no advantage over any of the other shotguns in a realistic fight, and distinct disadvantages otherwise.

The range is awful, the damage isn't great, and the re-fire - the pump action - is too slow to actually be a benefit vs all but the most brain dead players/teams. You're more likely to wipe a duo with a double barrel shotgun than you are with the specter. Or probably better off shotgunning one and stabbing the other, if you are in that sort of range. It's terrible.

Also: Do not ADS shotguns. A lot of video games tighten shotgun spread when you ADS (for reasons unknown). Hunt does not - ads offers no advantages for shotgun ADS, and you give up situational awareness doing so.

Glorious, a seasoned melee and shotgun player. A man after my own heart. I may have to pick up the game at some point.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

So the spread grouping on shotguns doesn't improve with ADS, but does the shotgun group accuracy change? Like say the base accuracy of where the group spread is going is a 10 degree cone from where you're aiming, does ADS change that to 5 degree on the shotgun?

eg, the group of shots doesn't get any tighter, but it's accuracy compared to where you're actually aiming increases?

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

Drone_Fragger posted:

So the spread grouping on shotguns doesn't improve with ADS, but does the shotgun group accuracy change? Like say the base accuracy of where the group spread is going is a 10 degree cone from where you're aiming, does ADS change that to 5 degree on the shotgun?

eg, the group of shots doesn't get any tighter, but it's accuracy compared to where you're actually aiming increases?

There's no change between hipfire and ADS for shotguns, except narrowing your FOV.

If you want more info on shotgun behavior, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jACi1oPGJI

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

DarkDobe posted:

The spectre actually owns don't listen to this guy. Just don't fall into the trap of taking the spectre bayonet which reduces the range of the shotgun by shortening the barrel. The unmodified spectre loving owns and it's range is only slightly less than the romero.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Skyarb posted:

The spectre actually owns don't listen to this guy. Just don't fall into the trap of taking the spectre bayonet which reduces the range of the shotgun by shortening the barrel. The unmodified spectre loving owns and it's range is only slightly less than the romero.

Sorry, but this is all wrong and bad and you should feel bad.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

By the power vested in me by random musings in tmt... I proclaim you guilty of crustophilia!

DarkDobe posted:

All the weapons in the game are viable and nothing is really trash. The Specter is actually quite good, but has tradeoffs you have to be aware of. Only the Romero has a longer range for a shotgun, so I wouldn't exactly characterize the range as 'awful', unless all the other shotguns have awful range too. Yeah it 'cycles' slower than a Rival, but you can use it more like a Romero 77 in range, and you get a lot of anti-push followup firepower.

I think the longer ranged, lower damage shotguns (Auto 5 and Specter) get a bad rap because, like all shotguns, the damage falloff is brutal. You can only fight within the predetermined range and better not even pull the trigger otherwise. The other shotguns are much more skewed to one side, like the Romero having high damage and range, or the Rival having great damage at short range, with a quick followup, that the more 'average' balanced shotguns just tend to be less consistent unless you are disciplined in their use.

If I were to choose the 'worst' shotgun it'd probably be the Specter bayonet. In that case, yeah, it's just a slower firing Rival since you get a few meters of effective range chopped off. Whether the bayonet is worth that is questionable.

Also I guess I should note that I play trios a lot more these days, so maybe the Specter is skewed a bit better there since sometimes you need 3 shots :getin:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

AbsoluteLlama posted:

[*]Entire team getting wiped from headshots well past fog rendering distance. This one is probably the most obvious cheating. We usually just exit the match at the start if it's fog because of cheating.

I honestly can't say I've ever experienced this

quote:

[*]Obvious aimbots and/or wallhacks, especially once you can spectate after you die. The bad cheaters will lock and track on to people through walls perfectly. The really obvious cheaters will continually try to wallbang through surfaces that cannot be shot through. This can be pretty obvious like an entire team getting wiped by a nitro penetrating multiple walls with no possible vision. Once or twice is maybe just luck, but reliable blind kills in multiple games by the same person through 2-3 walls is very suspect.

I've definitely experienced this but like I've said before, not very often.

quote:

[*]Blatant teaming. This isn't a hack, and isn't technically cheating if done organically. Surprisingly it happens less than cheating, but we occasionally come across 6-man teams; sometimes the same groups of people. It's very obvious during the fight and can be 100% confirmed via spectating. The most annoying ones are those that fake fighting each other to draw you in and then fight you 6v3.

Never seen this before either, at least not since they changed the way matchmaking is to avoid this but that was like a year and a half ago

quote:

[*]Significantly reduced damage. For example, a gun does a minimum of X damage, but for some reason it does less than half per shot to an enemy when spectating.

could you elaborate on this please?

quote:

[*]Summoning weapons out of thin air. I've been spectating and seen players pull out weapons they don't have. Could just be a UI bug but it's bizarre.

I've never seen this, though I never spectate people for long

quote:

There is also just straight up bullshit from lovely netcode:
[list]
[*]Hits not registering despite getting the hitmarker. IE: Weapon does minimum X amount of damage, you hit enough times to do 150-200+ damage without heal time but no kill. I strongly suspect the hitmarker is client side which is bullshit.
[*]Ping drastically changes hitbox. It's much harder to hit people if they're from overseas. When a teammate dies we look up the steam profile to see if the other players are from China or wherever, which means we need to lead more/spread out our shots more to get more reliable hits. It's also just obvious after taking a few shots that the person you are shooting at is a high ping player. No other game gives such a huge advantage to high ping players apart from peeker's advantage. That said, I know it's also harder to hit other people when you have a high ping so it's not an across-the-board advantage. These players will often use something spammy like a Dolch to make up for lovely ping. There are a lot of overseas teams on US-West too, presumably because cheating is even worse there.

This, though, this poo poo is the worst. I primarily play on US-east and will frequently play against Brazilians and my blood will get boiling from this real quick.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

AbsoluteLlama posted:

All the weapons in the game are viable and nothing is really trash. The Specter is actually quite good, but has tradeoffs you have to be aware of. Only the Romero has a longer range for a shotgun, so I wouldn't exactly characterize the range as 'awful', unless all the other shotguns have awful range too. Yeah it 'cycles' slower than a Rival, but you can use it more like a Romero 77 in range, and you get a lot of anti-push followup firepower.

I think the longer ranged, lower damage shotguns (Auto 5 and Specter) get a bad rap because, like all shotguns, the damage falloff is brutal. You can only fight within the predetermined range and better not even pull the trigger otherwise. The other shotguns are much more skewed to one side, like the Romero having high damage and range, or the Rival having great damage at short range, with a quick followup, that the more 'average' balanced shotguns just tend to be less consistent unless you are disciplined in their use.

If I were to choose the 'worst' shotgun it'd probably be the Specter bayonet. In that case, yeah, it's just a slower firing Rival since you get a few meters of effective range chopped off. Whether the bayonet is worth that is questionable.

Also I guess I should note that I play trios a lot more these days, so maybe the Specter is skewed a bit better there since sometimes you need 3 shots :getin:

Also for shotgun talk, the Gator (Rival sawed off) is the best looking legendary weapon in the game.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Basticle posted:

Sorry, but this is all wrong and bad and you should feel bad.

Fight me. It has 2 more meters of range than the side by side plus its the most satisfying shotgun to use (save the romero of course).

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The romero Hatchet and Talon seem pretty funny. Shot a guy with the romero hatchet, he fired something at me which sounded like a shotgun so I ran around the corner with the hatchet and busted his head with the blade.

Talon seems okay too but I'm not entirely sure how but the melee range on it seems absolutely tiny.

Anyway, fun game.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I'm never letting go of my seething hatred of the specter.
Can make nearly anything else in this game work for me including loving bee jars and tampon launchers but not that piece of trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZvp9exGV9U

(Fortunately this game has enough variety that you can find what works for you and what doesn't!)

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 31, 2020

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

the most effective bee bomb I have ever thrown was the one I landed in a lake

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Personally I only had a bee bomb work once but it did successfully flush out the opposing player hiding in cover and caused them to blunder into my sights.

So that's one success out of over 10 failures :v:

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

A bee bomb worked for me earlier because the enemy threw one, but was then attacked by his own bees allowing me to take the advantage to murder him.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Basticle posted:

AbsoluteLlama posted:

Significantly reduced damage. For example, a gun does a minimum of X damage, but for some reason it does less than half per shot to an enemy when spectating.

Sure. It's hard to get up-to-date damage numbers as they aren't really published but here's an example of a reasonably accurate breakdown:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m7Ijh7nJqlaFPjugIgxUmWEbO64h6frCEHL7rmeyLpI/edit#gid=0

Rule out shotguns for this because of the shot spread you can't get reliable hit marker to damage calculation.

For example, the minimum damage an uppercut will do at 10m is 70 for a leg hit. Fan a hunter and hit 4 times (with 4 hit markers) and get killed and immediately spectate. No time for their health to have regenerated between those 4 hits but when you spectate they still have 75+ health left. It's like they are getting teammate damage reduction.

Other stuff like you and a teammate both tap the same guy with a Sparks at 40m and get hit markers. It's impossible to not get a kill as it does a minimum of 160 damage. But they still don't die. Stuff like that is why I feel the hit marker is client-side or there is some other bullshit going on. Or the damage system the devs have told is is a complete lie or is just broken.

AbsoluteLlama fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 31, 2020

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

AbsoluteLlama posted:

Stuff like that is why I feel the hit marker is client-side or there is some other bullshit going on.

I think this is definitely part of it as on at least two occasions recently, I've gotten a kill on a hunter but got to hit indicator.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

AbsoluteLlama posted:

Sure. It's hard to get up-to-date damage numbers as they aren't really published but here's an example of a reasonably accurate breakdown:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m7Ijh7nJqlaFPjugIgxUmWEbO64h6frCEHL7rmeyLpI/edit#gid=0

Rule out shotguns for this because of the shot spread you can't get reliable hit marker to damage calculation.

For example, the minimum damage an uppercut will do at 10m is 70 for a leg hit. Fan a hunter and hit 4 times (with 4 hit markers) and get killed and immediately spectate. No time for their health to have regenerated between those 4 hits but when you spectate they still have 75+ health left. It's like they are getting teammate damage reduction.

Other stuff like you and a teammate both tap the same guy with a Sparks at 40m and get hit markers. It's impossible to not get a kill as it does a minimum of 160 damage. But they still don't die. Stuff like that is why I feel the hit marker is client-side or there is some other bullshit going on. Or the damage system the devs have told is is a complete lie or is just broken.

Use this instead: https://huntdamagecalculator.000webhostapp.com/

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

re: shotguns, there's also that le mat pistol that comes with a shotgun shell in the middle and an ammo-switching button that no other gun in the game uses, getting you killed in your confusion

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

re: shotguns, there's also that le mat pistol that comes with a shotgun shell in the middle and an ammo-switching button that no other gun in the game uses, getting you killed in your confusion

Aperature winfield uses it to raise and lower the aperture sight.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Skyarb posted:

Aperature winfield uses it to raise and lower the aperture sight.

The aperture winfield is my winfield of choice since they made it so you could do that. The aperture sight sucks for general use but it's great to have flipping it up as an option in a fight.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Wish it was an option for the Nitro...

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

the most effective bee bomb I have ever thrown was the one I landed in a lake

followup: I finally tried some matches of quickplay and what it is about this mode that turns bee bombs into absolute terrors unlike bounty hunt

it doesn't seem very fun in part due to the game's load times meaning quickplay is badly lacking the "quick" part, but I did have a good match where I got the wellspring before trading shots and getting chased by a player around the church for a solid 4 minutes before I finally turned around and beaned him directly with a frag grenade about three seconds before time was up

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I won some quick play games, one with a saber rush on a guy who wasted all his ammo, and another by carefully camping out in the wellspring building with a Romero and shotgunning anyone who tried to come in.

Also won my first hunt game with one of the quick play survivors too, zero kills but we managed to hilariously bait the other remaining squad when they tried to wait for us outside the boss lair (it was the underground catacombs one) but we left via a different exit, threw dynamite and fuses and whatever we had behind us over as many walls as possible and it seemed they got totally lost trying to follow us out of the maze while we legged it to the escape boat.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Honestly just wish they would remove QuickPlay all together. Player base isn't that big as is and QuickPlay is barely hunt

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Quickplay would be a great way to kill time while you wait for your team to assemble or whatever if it didn't take a full hunt's worth of time to find a match. As is, yeah, I am freshly annoyed by its false promise every time I touch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I mean I'm a brand new player but I don't see the issue with it? It seems to be a way to get some marginally better starting gear and perks for whoever you take into Hunt, right?