Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Hallelujah, more weapon masteries to get!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
No one plays this game anymore eh?

I watched a twitch stream with David Fifield last night. He talked a little about the upcoming engine change.

He clarified...they said the update was never planned for April, it was planned for no sooner than April. There is no promise that PS4 or XBox 1 will be supported beyond April, they wanted to give at least a six month notice (video was in September). Next event, Wake of Desolation, launches next month.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’ve been trying to play it but everyone is hopelessly hooked on helldivers

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

Solo vs trios then! :clint:

edit: oh yeah and twitch drops are live

The "random legendary hunter" will give priority to a previous twitch drop exclusive hunter you don't have

WHY BONER NOW fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 24, 2024

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

hehe....yeahhhh :sweatdrop:

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Helldivers 2 is fantastic. At 1500 hours hunt knows it's my bottom bitch, I'll be back when the new hotness fades.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Assuming it fades, which, god willing, it won't.

I say, religiously playing Helldivers 2 and being pleased I'm not getting sniped from 200 metres away with an iron sights lebel by someone named □□□□□□ on 300 ms ping.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Kazinsal posted:

Assuming it fades, which, god willing, it won't.

I say, religiously playing Helldivers 2 and being pleased I'm not getting sniped from 200 metres away with an iron sights lebel by someone named □□□□□□ on 300 ms ping.

Not getting sniped from 200m away? Someone isn't doing their patriotic duty in the fight against the automatons!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Headsman is finally getting nerfed:

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
It only took several years!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
it's a much more interesting look now imo

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Some youtubers got to play the event early and reveled what the new factions are and what their traits do. Once again, there's one faction that seems to be head-and-shoulders better than the rest. The Primal pack brings back berserker, but also beastface will let all animals ignore you completely. Other than that it's a goody station in the center of the map (and randomly in watchtowers, arsenals, and supply wagons) that you can spend marks on to get stuff. The stuff is pretty great though.

https://twitter.com/HuntShowdown/status/1764713347490918735

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Is that a silenced full length centennial? Or is that a Winnie C silencer skin?

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Someone on reddit compiled a list of stuff for the new event:

[b]New Weapons & Custom Ammo Additions

Caldwell Marathon: Fast-firing pump action rifle that performs best at mid-range. A clunky reload reduces its flexibility

Some stats:

113 damage

160m headshot range

31 rpm

430m/s

15 + 1/24

Normal and swift variant

Ammo types:

FMJ

Poison

Traits applicable:

Iron eye

Bullet grubber

Mako 1895 Carbine: Long range, lever-action rifle that delivers a powerful punch wiht long ammo.

Some stats:

128 damage

302m headshot range

20 rpm

540m/s

6+1/8

Claw and aperture variant

Ammo Types:

Explosive

FMJ

Crown now has Flechette ammo

Caldwell Rival now has Dragon’s Breath ammo

Thundershower & Ash Bloom Adjustments

Heavy rain reduced from 240 seconds to 120 seconds

Heavy rain now slightly louder when inside buildings

Light ash bloom will be more common

Ash sound tweaked and reduced slightly

Gunplay Changes

Explosive Ammo Buff

Now stronger against AI and bosses

Headshot range increased:

Springfield explosive increased from 94m to 175m

Martini explosive increased from 287m to 309m

Uppercut explosive increased from 35m to 83m

Vetterli Cyclone

Reduced recoil and increased reload speed

UpperMat

Increased damage, now does the same damage as Uppercut

Smoother animations

Melee Weapons

All melee weapons are now small slot, except bomblance

Gameplay Changes

Beetle Vision distance increased

Melee damage versus bosses decreased

Decreased spawn rate of world melee tools around boss lairs

New loot from tool boxes:

Big dynamite bundle

Hellfire bomb

Weak vitality shot

Lowered chance of frag bomb

Starshell and pennyshot now receive 2 instead of 4 per ammo box hit

Slight Lightfoot buff:

Walking through noise traps(glass, bottles) will now play the normal crouching audio instead

Increased stamina consumption for knuckle knife

Antidote shot nerf

Weak: 5 minutes

Regular: 10 minutes

Red Skull revive:

Time increased from 4 seconds to 10 seconds

Now takes 50 HP

New Inspect Animations

All tools and consumables are now inspectable

Meta & Recruits Changes

T1 Hunters: 1 traits

T2 Hunters: 2 traits

T3 hunters: 3 traits

Overall chance of high point perks decreased

Refunding a 1-point trait will now give you 1 point, not 0

Legendary hunters trait minimum value now 11

Some high-tier weapons were removed from free hunter rolls

Retirement is now only available at level 50

Headsman Nerf

Red added to his robes (comes with a complimentary avto)

Desolation’s Wake (March 6 - May 8th)

Pacts now only have 1 trait, automatically get by pledging. No pledgemarks required to work.

Death Pact

Witness: Dead hunters and AI up to 75m, will activate a slow regen when getting close

Resilience buff: revive teammates in half the time

Looting hunters gives 2 pledgemarks instead of 1 (only once per game)

Hunters: Sofia, Worm Bite, Bone Mason

Lawful Pact

Can revive red skulled teammates at the cost of burning 50 of your own HP

Looting a hunter gives one bar back

Packmule buff: receive some ammo for all applicable ammo pools when you loot a hunter

Once you get 30 event points in a match, you receive 2 pledge marks instead of 1

Hunters: Sheriff Hardin, Witch Hunter, Mountie

Primal Pact

Berserker: double melee damage

Beastface buff: fully invisible to any animal sound traps

Banishing boss gives 2 pledge marks instead of 1

Hunters: Felis, Iron Bark, Lonely Howl

New Usage of Pledge Marks

You use the pledge marks to unlock pledge seals

Found at normal supply points, hunter towers, watch towers

Sealed Cache

Spawns once in the middle of the map, has unique seals only found there

Bounty Token: trade 2 pledge marks for a single boss token

Master Clue: trade 1 pledge mark to reveal where all boss locations on the map

Medkit: trade 1 pledge mark to restore all missing health chunks for the entire team

Four Shot Boon: trade 1 pledge mark to receive the effects of a stam, regen, antidote, and vitality shot for 5 minutes

Experience Boon: trade 1 pledge mark for 2,000 hunter XP

Big Cash Register: trade 1 pledge mark for 500 hunt dollars

Full Restock Box: trade 1 pledge mark to restock all ammo and tools

Explosive Box: trade 1 pledge mark for 3 explosive consumables

Earning Pledge Marks:

First time banishing a target

First time looting a hunter

30 event points

Become soul survivor

Battlepass

50 levels, 1000 points per level

New Skins

Hunters:

Redneck’s Daughter (700 BB)

Hex Breaker (1000 BB)

Corvid: Brood & Corvid: Bile (2000 BB)

The Statesman (Battlepass)

The Centipede (BattlePass)

Guns/Tools/Consumables:

Fatal Scurry: New Army Swift (Battlepass)

Prenumbra: Crossbow (Battlepass)

Birthright: Bornheim (Battlepass)

Final Constitution: Weak Antidote Shot (Battlepass)

Noble Execution: Marathon swift (Battlepass)

Gnawing Ire: Marathon (Battlepass)

Pincer Strike: Hand Crossbow (Battlepass)

New Heirloom: Mako Aperture (Battlepass)

Piercing Edge: Mako Claw (Battlepass)

Debate’s End: Mako (Battlepass)

Depth Marker: Waxed Dynamite(Battlepass)

Filibuster: Winnie silenced (Battlepass)

Hoot and Holler: Big Dynamite (500 BB)

Silent Sting: Bornheim Silenced (800 BB)

Deadly Cure: Nagant Officer Carbine (800 BB)

Doctor’s Snare: Poison Trip Mine (600 BB)

Undertaker’s Song: Vetterli Silenced (700 BB)

Kinfolk’s Cluth: Winfield Terminus (600 BB)

Creeping Night: Silenced Centennial (800 BB)

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
drat no changes to solo necro...

This might be the first event in a long time I skip completely.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

Kwolok posted:

drat no changes to solo necro...

flares, fusees, and dragon breath burning corpses absolutely counted as a nerf to solo necro

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

some people are just going to whine about anything

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think I'm very close to burning out on Helldivers (for now at least) so lets goooo

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
its pretty trivial to burn out solo's now. I don't think I've had a single match since the flare gun/fusees buff where I had to deal with a terminator solo that just won't stay dead

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Yeah there are many ways to deal with it, but its boring to have to camp burn a body when you know he's alone and a solo.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
It's like what, two-three minutes tops?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

finally, buffs to the infamously underpowered cyclone

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

Azran posted:

It's like what, two-three minutes tops?

Yeah. IIRC you burn 1 hp/s on the ground without salveskin, so 2 minutes 5 seconds if they've only lost one small bar and don't speed up the process by self-reviving. With salveskin, it would be 0.75 hp/s (?), or 2m 47s. You can often shave a full minute off that time, of course, because a concertina bomb will guarantee a kill even through resilience once they're down to 75 hp or so, and traps when they're down to 50.

I've camped many burning solos. It's a trivial amount of time, significantly less than you spend, say, waiting for a boss to banish or otherwise camping in an average match against full teams. Less than you often spend milling around and looting bodies after a fight against a trio. And just like in those situations, you still have to be alert for other players. If people find that boring then they also find other, much more common situations in this game boring

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Something those gun stats glossed over is the hip fire spread, which is notable for both.

For the Marathon, it has a spread of only 15 - making it the tightest spread in the game. The next closest is the Springfield at 20. With the high fire rate, it's probably going to be quite good for twitch aiming at someone from the hip.

For the Mako, it has a spread of 47.5 - which is insanely huge for a lever-action gun. It's the worst spread of any gun that can be levered or fanned - for comparison, the nagant silenced and the chain pistol are both rated at 45 spread. Granted it can two-tap a full health hunter as long as you don't get an arm+leg or leg+leg, so the lack of accuracy isn't as bad as it could be, but it's still going to be quite hard to lever effectively outside of very close ranges.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

They doubled or tripled what you need to find or kill for some of the event chores and also made it take longer to kill the bosses.

It's like they're trying to make it tedious.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Event points seem to be coming a good bit faster this time, hit into the 200s a few matches last night. The middle cache thing is pretty big for that though, guaranteed 4 totems, and if you have a primal hunter you only need one on the way there to be able to pick up the bounty.

Bosses are only slower with tools, and it's enough I think a world axe might be better than knuckle knife for assassin. Sticky bomb making a comeback this patch.

Remember to grab a lantern and throw it onto the already burning solo, they'll cook quicker with active fire.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Pushing retirement to 50 is going to make my prestige grind even more painful RIP
On the other hand I will have hunters with tons of traits to play at least 1 more game with - usually it was one good game > straight to retirement.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Slammed buy on the rednecks daughter once I saw the butt scratching animation

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the thing in the middle of the map that automatically shows you both compounds does count or the "discover boss lairs" challenge, but only for 1 of the 2, even if you use it to discover both boss lairs lol

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Im really liking the new Marathon. It feels good to shot, it has good sights, no traits needed, and the hip fire spread is great.

To deal with the boss melee changes so far I've been either bringing a sticky or the katana. Sticky is unreliable against assassin though so I might try the lemat with pennyshot. Would be a nice bonus of pooling marathon ammo.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Cross countered someone with a katana, felt appropriately anime.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Not sure why a trailer has to go this hard but it do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59M-83tfqwI

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Not sure why they needed to change the melee weapons to all be one slot.

They'd of been better off making it so you can split a slot to take 2 guns + a melee, in any combination of 4/5 chunks depending on quartermaster.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
So not sure what it is, normally when one of us in our group of players gets burned out, someone else in our group pulls us back in for the event. This time around all seven of us have collectively declared we simply can be bothered. I think for us Hunt is at its end. Not sure what did it, but we're all just happily playing other things right now. Maybe we'll get pulled back in at some point but something special about Hunt feels absent these days.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Helldivers 2 came out and absoluetly bodied every other live service game in earshot atm, and it doesn't need 50GB reinstalls every 4 weeks.

It's just the nature of the live service space, it's insanely fickle.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

For me it was the back to back events, followed by this one being relatively close on the last one's heels. New event is good, guns aren't major outliers (though I'm a bit meh on them), but I'm still a bit burned out. The points come fast at least and the new spend marks for stuff feels smoother than the pledge/spend from before.

PvE challenges changes and the prestige change are garbage though, could have done without those.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/7P170dr.mp4

he's good

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

He's got one of those $1000 gaming chairs.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
When the event started I zoned in on primal pact and wrote off the others. But couple days ago I gave lawfull a try and god drat its good. Getting health bars back when you loot a corpse is huge. And my favorite gun is the berthier but the low ammo was too restrictive for me (I can't aim worth a poo poo). Getting ammo back when you loot makes all the difference, god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I'd completely written off the mako since on paper the stats are worse, but drat I love it. If you like the berthier you might like the mako too. The sights on the mako are really nice, and I'm bringing an ammo box to help during big/long fights.