Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

I'd completely written off the mako since on paper the stats are worse, but drat I love it. If you like the berthier you might like the mako too. The sights on the mako are really nice, and I'm bringing an ammo box to help during big/long fights.

It can't be understated how good the mako feels to use. It absolutely rips and I low key kind of love the weird Talon variant that has the higher damage fast attack and still gets a normal buttstroke heavy.

It's pretty clear that Helldivers (and now dragons dogma 2) is still absolutely sucking all the air out of the room though. It's been really hard the last couple of weeks to pull goon groups together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Maybe if they actually released the drat engine update...Winter is over guys I thought it was winter 2024.

I've been playing it here and there but yeah, everyones playing HD2 and DD2 right now. Might be able to get a group together once a week if I'm lucky.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

It's also recently gone on sale so late evening games in US West can often be just abysmal smurf fests. Been seeing a lot of brand new private Steam profiles with 3+ K/Ds and profile names that the game client can't render lately.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Reddit would have you believe every match is 8 hackers because they got headshot while peeking a wj doe for twenty straight minutes or sprinted around on metal which is clear proof of "soft esp"

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Quite frankly, there is a ton of soft cheats in this game. That's the thing about soft cheats, they are hard to detect. Now yes, dipshits who play bad and die are really not identifying the issue well, but there are way way way more soft cheaters than you think. I'd imagine its close to as bad as tarkov personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F5i0AE5Opo

This poo poo, if played well, can never be detected by a player who just thinks someone is sus. Its all speculative. When we hear cheats we think "aim bots, snap aiming" etc etc. But smart cheaters are plentiful and you simply cannot know if he had amazing game sense, or was it something else? Soft cheats are the future, and they are in immense number already. IT. loving. SUCKS.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 29, 2024

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Kwolok posted:

This poo poo, if played well, can never be detected by a player who just thinks someone is sus. Its all speculative. When we hear cheats we think "aim bots, snap aiming" etc etc. But smart cheaters are plentiful and you simply cannot know if he had amazing game sense, or was it something else? Soft cheats are the future, and they are in immense number already. IT. loving. SUCKS.

Yeah it's especially bad in games like this and R6 Siege where there's a lot of sound cues etc that you can take advantage of if you're good but it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between someone who's walling and a skilled player. Nearly everyone has had someone flip out and accuse them of cheating after you pull off a skilled or just plain lucky shot.

I've only felt like I was fighting someone who could see through walls a handful of times in Hunt but I'm sure it happens more than I realize because all it takes is a small amount of restraint to make it plausibly deniable.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

One of the nice things about only playing multiplayer games on console. Cheating exists for sure but it's pretty rare and has no bearing on whether or not I want to play a game.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

my kinda ape posted:

Yeah it's especially bad in games like this and R6 Siege where there's a lot of sound cues etc that you can take advantage of if you're good but it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between someone who's walling and a skilled player. Nearly everyone has had someone flip out and accuse them of cheating after you pull off a skilled or just plain lucky shot.

I've only felt like I was fighting someone who could see through walls a handful of times in Hunt but I'm sure it happens more than I realize because all it takes is a small amount of restraint to make it plausibly deniable.

I've been playing since Devils moon, and I can count on my hand the number of times we got hit by a blatant cheater. EX: getting nailed by a guy a guy who's a facility away while you're in a building with no windows.

The less blatant stuff it's really hard to tell though. ESP can be subtle and they will sometimes turn it on and off to give the appearance they aren't perfectly tracking you around. The best I can say is "that seems sus" and move on. Dwelling on it is a pathway into madness.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!
If an enemy player is just using ESP and isn't being subtle about it, I've found you can deal with it pretty easily. They only have an advantage as long as there's a wall between you and them, so as soon as you take a couple suspicious wallbang attempts or hits you should just bum rush the shooter with your team. I'm 3 for 4 or 4 for 5 versus obvious wallers with my usual trio partners. If they're also aimbotting, then chances are you're dead before you figure it out, nothing you can do about it, but I've only run into a clear aimbot maybe 4 times in 1200 hours

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Cassian of Imola posted:

If an enemy player is just using ESP and isn't being subtle about it, I've found you can deal with it pretty easily. They only have an advantage as long as there's a wall between you and them, so as soon as you take a couple suspicious wallbang attempts or hits you should just bum rush the shooter with your team. I'm 3 for 4 or 4 for 5 versus obvious wallers with my usual trio partners. If they're also aimbotting, then chances are you're dead before you figure it out, nothing you can do about it, but I've only run into a clear aimbot maybe 4 times in 1200 hours

Here's the thing. You can't know this. A subtle or soft cheater doesn't win every game. They use things that assist them but don't guarantee anything. You could play against a soft cheat who sucks rear end so they go for some sus wall bangs but ultimately does nothing. But in a game like this you can literally never ever know. And much like tarkov its probably 1000% more prevalent than you realize.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

My favourite was being shot -through- one of the outbuildings at prison while I was -inside- another... by a man on the roof of Fort.
But that's blatant and obvious.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Kwolok posted:

Here's the thing. You can't know this. A subtle or soft cheater doesn't win every game. They use things that assist them but don't guarantee anything. You could play against a soft cheat who sucks rear end so they go for some sus wall bangs but ultimately does nothing. But in a game like this you can literally never ever know. And much like tarkov its probably 1000% more prevalent than you realize.

I agree, and you'll note I specified 'not subtle', 'obvious', etc.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I'm pretty in the not many cheaters in hunt camp, though sure I'm salty/whining sometimes and some shots are suspicious. A lot of us have a few of those moments firing into buildings near windows or along spots people hang out and just gotten those lucky shots.

If I was using soft cheats I'd just go for a res when I know no one is looking, or kill the boss when I know the other team is holding angles instead of pushing. Thinking about it there's a ton of dirty poo poo you could do and still play like a potato in a firefight.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah as long as it's not an aimbot and the cheater's actually bad, they aren't getting any more information you wouldn't get from sound IMO. I've 2k hours and I've seen maybe 8-10 outright cheaters.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Do you guys know all the guaranteed world weapon spawn locations? I know there's an axe on a stump near the tower at ash creek lumber...and I know there's a pitchfork guaranteed somewhere

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

By Salter's! On the haystacks by the fence.

There's also an axe down the stairs in the side building that leads to the mines at Kingsnake. It's there so you can break down the door if the clue spawns there.

Can't remember the rest right now.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

WHY BONER NOW posted:

guaranteed world weapon spawn locations?

I've noticed a few of these but my big question is whether crow boss in the compound causes them to despawn like all the other loot.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Azran posted:

By Salter's! On the haystacks by the fence.

There's also an axe down the stairs in the side building that leads to the mines at Kingsnake. It's there so you can break down the door if the clue spawns there.

Can't remember the rest right now.

Good call, I think this one's it:

I couldn't get it to spawn while running around the map in trials mode, though. Had to go into a bounty hunt. I haven't found the Kingsnake one you mentioned yet

edit: here it is!

I had no idea there was an axe there!

Russian Remoulade posted:

I've noticed a few of these but my big question is whether crow boss in the compound causes them to despawn like all the other loot.
I'm pretty sure the permanent/guaranteed weapons will spawn even if Scrapbeak is there

WHY BONER NOW fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 7, 2024

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

I'd completely written off the mako since on paper the stats are worse, but drat I love it. If you like the berthier you might like the mako too. The sights on the mako are really nice, and I'm bringing an ammo box to help during big/long fights.

Levering absolutely destroys with this gun. It's not quite as centered as the Winfield, but when an arm/leg shot does as much as a winnie does to the lower torso it doesn't matter much. You can also lever with explosives for the memes (don't do this except for humor because it's not good).

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

TheAnomaly posted:

Levering absolutely destroys with this gun. It's not quite as centered as the Winfield, but when an arm/leg shot does as much as a winnie does to the lower torso it doesn't matter much.

flagrant lie, fly away troll

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The Mako's the least accurate levering gun in the game lol

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Mako needs 4 more rounds of reserve ammo and to have a spread that's worse than the 1873 but better than the Centennial (like... 21.5? 22.5? somewhere around there) so it can actually be levered. Then it'd be worth its price.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnLKfifuE1g

Hunt has the highest highs of any game.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Cassian of Imola posted:

flagrant lie, fly away troll

claim that all you want, I've had good luck with it and levering, particularly through walls. You're not going to get mid-high range hits, but if someone rushes you can make them regret it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

levering anything that isn't a scopeless compact 3 slot winnie beyond melee range is trusting in RNG to save you, which means it may randomly work but doesn't make it a good plan

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

gonna lever the volcano pistol

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Hit my first rank 50 hunter ever tonight! Finally I can call myself a beginner-intermediate at this game.

Bow and arrow is the most satisfying weapon and Serpent is the best perk.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

gonna lever the volcano pistol

honestly it's wild that this isn't in the game yet

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

DarkDobe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnLKfifuE1g

Hunt has the highest highs of any game.

:lol: well done

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Corny question but what is everyone’s favorite skin? Personally I’m torn between turncoat and weird sister

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Corny question but what is everyone’s favorite skin? Personally I’m torn between turncoat and weird sister

redneck, plague doctor, or daughter of decay depending on the day

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm really digging Rednecks Daughter but I don't use it much cause she sticks out so much. They gotta do a rednecks wife or son so you can run a hillbilly trio.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I still think luz mala is the most fearsome skin. But there are so many good ones, impossible to pick a favorite. I really like the concubine and witch hunter though.

veni veni veni posted:

I'm really digging Rednecks Daughter but I don't use it much cause she sticks out so much. They gotta do a rednecks wife or son so you can run a hillbilly trio.

Or the two rednecks and sheriff Hardin, who's taking them in for questioning

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Carter best, honorable mentions to northstar, sovereign, gar, hayali

Pierre McGuire
Oct 30, 2010
lulu, scaramuccia, and devil's advocate are my current favs of ones that have been out for awhile. umpire's bane is my fav one they've added recently.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lulu is one of the best ones and it pisses me off they don't put her in the store, because I have no interest in engaging with that twitch drop poo poo

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Hex Breaker has thematically demanded of me to play 24/7 crossbow and zero regrets.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
I'm an unironic Cain enjoyer. Visibility notwithstanding, dirty diaper skull man feels like it has the right aesthetic to match the finesse of my gameplay. The battle Nun is pretty sweet too.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the rev, hail mary, hackshaw jack, stage 1 venom moon snake guy, that one bald grandma tier 3 with the sunglasses

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Perchta Dawn, daughter of decay, and luz mala are my faves, Monroe gets an honorable mention for being so creepy. Mama Mae is also hilarious to fight, so I've been taking her out some.

I take witch hunter out when I have fire related challenges, and gator lady when running with a gator trio.

Edit: plate face (moon snake 3) gets a run every once in a while to show people the dumbest skin.