Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I had no doubt of what would be in my top 5, 5-10 I am a little more unsure about, but unless something surprises me this is what it is going to be. if I had a #11 spot I would put Ted Lasso there.

10. Schitt's Creek
Like many people I probably first heard about this show when it won 700 emmys, and I binged the entire series in a few weeks.
But still I wasn't sure whether to put it on my top 10. The show doesn't have many actual laughs, but it's amusing and by the end you are left with a good feeling, seeing a group of people grow and become better.

9. Raised by Wolves
A lot of style, and less substance, with a story that made less sense the longer it went. But it was still a compelling and weird watch.

8. The Mandalorian
Star Wars has always been at it's best outside the three trilogies, and Mandalorian is content to (mostly) stay away from the characters and plot of the movies.
It's just good solid wild west/star wars stuff.

7. The Good Lord Bird
"If someone came into our home and stole one of your sisters, two of your brothers, your mother, your grandmother,
chained them, raped them, forced them to work with no pay, only enough food to keep them alive,
and I met that thief, I would stab him through his eye socket the second I saw him.
I would kill his friends and anyone who laughed at his jokes.
And it wouldn't be murder, it would be justice."

Ethan Hawke puts on the performance of a lifetime in this story about the abolitionist John Browne, the show is over the top and very entertaining.

6. Devs
I can't remember any show with more style than Devs, the early episodes were just so cool for lack of a better word.
The story mostly fizzled out in the end, but Devs oozes atmosphere.

5. What We Do in the Shadows
The show did the exact same thing as it did in the first season, just a lot better in every way. Each episode was hilarious and clever.

4. Upload
Thanks to an awful trailer my expectations for this was rather low, but it turned out to be a sweet and funny show that also managed
to tell a compelling story about the troubles of capitalism. One of the most pleasant surprises of 2020.

3. Dispatches from Elsewhere
It's hard to talk about this show because I can't quite put into words what makes me love it so much. Suffice to say that it hit my sweet spot perfectly.

2. Agents of SHIELD
It's a top ten list and I am unable to not put it on my list.
Agents of Shield has been through a lot, and it managed to end on one of its best seasons, helped by Enver Gjokaj returning as Daniel Sousa.
Throughout the decreasing budget and seemingly endless corridors AoS was all about the characters and it ended perfectly.

1. The Good Place
Judging by laughs alone The Good Place is the best american comedy show ever, when you consider the clever writing and philosophical commentary on
what it takes to be a good person, it's taken to a whole new level.
It's going to be a long time before we see any show as good as The Good Place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It’s out now and it’s still December, so it’s eligible.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am happy that Dispatches From Elsewhere and Upload are getting some more love on these later lists.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I’m happy that Dispatches From Elsewhere made it into the top ten, and #11 isn’t bad for Agents of Shield either :)

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Overall I am surprised that Upload didn’t place higher, I guess I was more impressed with it than most.

I don’t follow the Breaking Bad cinematic universe so I had no idea that Better Call Saul was such a big deal, just as with BB I can tell that it isn’t for me, but the more shows the merrier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Thanks for another great thread Looten Plunder, I really enjoy this yearly event.