Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mostly because it's difficult to remember what I watched and when it was on unless it's written down, I only chose shows that are listed on the pogdesign TV calendar, otherwise there'd probably be some YouTube stuff in there as well and maybe some Australian shows - although probably not because I don't remember there being any good Australian TV this year.

So first, honourable mentions to The Flight Attendant, The Boys and The Umbrella Academy. And now here's the list.

10: Avenue 5
A solid sitcom with a novel premise and a good cast. Nothing revolutionary and probably destined to be mostly forgotten within a few years, but it was entertaining.

9: Future Man
Although it's a bit up and down from episode to episode, the quality from season to season was pretty consistent and changing the setting each time kept it fresh.

8: Dispatches From Elsewhere
I wasn't entirely satisfied with the ending, but it mostly worked for me, and it certainly didn't fall apart anywhere near as badly as Devs did.

7: Stargirl
Taking the best elements of the CW DC shows and the DC Universe shows and combining them into something that doesn't suck. Can't wait to see it go completely to poo poo in season two!

6: Archer
I wouldn't say it's back to the high standard of the early seasons, but I'm actually glad it got renewed for a twelfth season.

5: What We Do in the Shadows
With such a small cast and static setting it would be easy to run out of ideas, but that hasn't happened yet.

4: The Magicians
It remains a tragedy that the first season was so incredibly bad that I cannot, in good conscience, ever recommend this excellent show to anyone.

3: Harley Quinn
Who could ever have predicted that DC Universe or Kaley Cuoco would ever make good shows? Two each in the same year, even!

2: The Good Place
The Good Place architects as a parody of "progressive" liberals was a bit on the nose but other than that the final season was just about as good as it could possibly have been.

1: Bojack Horseman
Now this one absolutely landed the finale. I wasn't hugely impressed by the first season, but from season 2 onward it was excellent all the way to the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CeeJee posted:

10: Beforeigners

That was 2019.