Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Writing this with the caveat that I did not watch a ton of new shows this year and I'm sure there are things that came out that, had I watched them, would have been on here instead. With that said:

10) Lovecraft Country
I didn't love it overall, but there were enough good individual elements that I don't regret watching it. And the cast was absolutely fantastic.

9) Truth Seekers
A show about YouTube conspiracy/paranormal culture that didn't just give blind credence to racist, anti-science bullshit. Plus, it was actually both fun and funny.

8) Moonbase 8
A sci-fi show, minus sci-fi, and with three of my favorite comedians of the past decade, and with a plot designed to piss off Elon Musk fanboys.

7) Primal
Samurai Jack blended with Conan the Barbarian. One thing about it I really appreciate is the bond between Spear and Fang; it's not a dinosaur as pet, it's a true companionship of equality between them. And it shows how good animation and storyboarding can get plot across without script.

6) The Flight Attendant
I was not expecting to like this, and while there was a whole storyline that did not seem like it fit in with the show, it was fun, stylish, and had great acting. Not sure if season two will be able to keep it up, but the first season at least was a great surprise.

5) The Eric Andre Show
Ladies and gentlemen, it needs no explanation. With this being the last season, I feel like a certain era of TV comedy has ended, but it ended on a high note.

4) The Mandalorian
Is it high art? No. Is it fun and makes me think of the 1990s Star Wars EU come to life? Yes. Though I am a bit worried about the future of the show; hopefully now that the mass of spinoffs have been launched the third season won't be as overstuffed.

3) The Boys
Something that points out that not only superhero culture, but also Disney corporate culture, is linked to the current far-right rise, and came out at a very opportune moment even before the events of the last week.

2) Upload
Like the best Black Mirror episodes, this was just plausible enough (in tone if not specifics) to make it a believable dystopia, while also still being and funny and full of heart.

1) What We Do in the Shadows
One of the best comedies of recent years, and one that I think was undeniably an improvement on the first season, which is doubly impressive given I was worried that it would be worse given the creators were less involved this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU