Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Man, despite having all the free time in the world, I really didn't watch a whole lot of TV this year.

10. Briarpatch
I caught the first two episodes of this at a film festival last year and was taken by the fun, weird pulp vibes.

9. The Good Place
I'm glad this show ended on a strong note because I felt like it was on the downturn a lot of comedies keep airing through (and end up worse for it). Absolutely stuck the landing on the finale.

8. Bojack Horseman
Have always been slow to get on this (I just bounce off of cartoons), but I binged a lot of this recent and its as great as everyone says. The ending was kind of heartbreaking but hopeful, which feels right for the series.

7. Dimension 20's A Crown of Candy
Spent a lot of time watching DnD actual plays and really dug basically everything Dimension 20 put out, this could really be for any of one the campaigns they released this year. This particular campaign was Game of Thrones by way of Candyland, and it worked really well. The shocking twists and intrigue you'd expect from the latter while still being funny as hell.

6. Devs
An exceptionally stylish show that was a visual delight to watch.

5. Ted Lasso
What a delightful show. I wasn't expecting much given how I was pretty tired of the commercial concept by its second go around, but I'm glad I checked it out. The relentless positivity was a needed balm for a dogshit year.

4. What We Do In The Shadows
For my money, the funniest show on TV. I really enjoy how every character gets to take a turn in the spotlight. Jackie Daytona: Human Bartender :kiss:

3. Normal People
This feels like it aired forever ago, but its a lovely romance. Its beautifully shot (man, did it made me miss traveling), has a solid soundtrack and the lead actors have just incredible chemistry.

2. Fargo
Its my least favourite entry to the series, but still pretty great in my opinion. As always, the cinematography and the music were on-point, and despite the messier story, I found it was just a watch for the vibes.

1. The Good Lord Bird
Good lord, Ethan Hawke does the absolute most acting possible in this show and I could not get enough of it. I saw someone refer to it as a Tarantino film if it was trying to say something, and I can see that. Its insane and over-the-top and just a whole lot of fun. And not to mention, it's just a beautiful show to look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU