Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Not making the list:
The years I remember to make this list, it's usually pretty stuffed with comic book/superhero stuff. That's dialed down a bit. Notably, Arrow isn't making the cut this year, even though I genuinely loved that show the whole way through, and I do think they generally stuck the landing (minus building up Mia, just for CW to pass on her show). Another superhero show I'm snubbing is the Boys, which I enjoyed, but doesn't really resonate with me since I hate "superheroes, but evil/assholes" stories.

Also not appearing:
Ozark: I liked seasons 1 and 2, but 3 never sold me on the Ben character.
Fargo: Should be on here, but I have not finished the season.

THE ACTUAL LIST
10. Avenue 5
The entire show is some kind of prophetic metaphor for 2020 and how everything can be ruined by stupid people who are easily convinced by other stupid people.

9. Better Call Saul
A very well made show that I wish I liked more. I think the last Lalo action scene left a bad taste in my mouth. And Jimmy's story has been much less engaging after season 3.

8. Lucifer
Small seasons = big fun.

7. DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Absolutely THE superhero show. Here's hoping it can still knock it out of the park next year without Brandon Routh.

6. The Good Place
The whole show was one wild ride. I think it's done the high concept comedy that pulls on your heartstrings concept so well, I kinda only want to watch braindead sitcoms for the next while...

5. What We Do in the Shadows
Okay, not exactly braindead, but it definitely scratches that itch for something simpler and crass, despite the slightly out there concept.

4. Upload
Robbie Amell is handsome. Andy Allo is cute. Allegra Edwards is hot. The fluffy parts were comfy. The conspiracy parts were... passable.

3. The Queen's Gambit
Anya Taylor Joy's weird alien eyes elevate an otherwise straightforward and cliche story.

2. Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist
This was the first show I binge watched in a weekend in lockdown. Before that I was still in "this is all going to blow over soon" mode. It has the kind of lighthearted joy that we all need, tempered with the real human drama of a father that's going to pass away soon. It's also nice that we can have a musical show on network television, following in the footsteps of CXG or Galavant and the like.

1. Taskmaster
But this is actually the greatest quarantine show, bar none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

gently caress, I just realized that The 100 was this year. Can't be assed to change my list, but it would be in the top 5 I think.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

No more extensions. It's too tempting to rewrite my entire list.