Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Not feeling too enthusiastic about this post. An even worse year for TV than last year. Instead of 9 good shows I've only been able to come up with 5 4. I haven't yet watched The Good Lord Bird. Who knows? Maybe it would have gone on the list. Other shows I watched but which did not make the 'good TV' cut: The New Pope, Raised by Wolves, Perry Mason, Westworld, The Boys, Avenue 5, Rick and Morty, The Good Place. The New Pope, I must say, was especially disappointing. The Good Place didn't so much as disappoint as fail to surprise with its half-assed schmaltzy ending. The rest was pure garbage not worth dwelling over.

10. What We Do in the Shadows — even though it's kinda lightweight and the the writing is patchy, it's still pretty funny, which is enough to make this godawful year's top 5 4

9. Better Call Saul — hard agree with somebody earlier in the thread that Rhea Seehorn should have won something by now. Still pretty good, obviously spinning its wheels a bit tho. Perversely, the show gets less interesting as the stakes get higher.

8. Curb Your Enthusiasm — strong latest season with a number of memorable eps. The car dealership licorice. The MAGA hat. The segregated restaurant.

7.Succession — pretty good stuff. kind of a King Lear with private helicopters and no Cordelia.

7. How To With John Wilson — the sharpest satire on TV. I mean, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCNsx_NyNOU

...and since there is still this garbage rule about a minimum 10 shows (fix your poo poo op), please enjoy my top 6 existing, eligible TV shows airing in 2020

6. All the Feels by The Dodo. Part of Quibi's 'Daily Essentials' lineup, All the Feels brings all the feels you're used to seeing on YouTube, right to your computer screen.

5. Agua Donkeys - What could I say here that hasn't already been said? Totally ignored by the mainstream critics, but it's definitely a show you can watch on Quibi.

4. Die Hart - laughed my rear end off at this one an uncounted number of times. The mad geniuses at Quibi have done it again.

3. 50 States of Fright - Hold on to your socks, boys and girls. If you thought Nightmare on Elm Street was scary, chances are you have not seen this Quibi horror anthology.

2. Chrissy's Court - This high-stakes Quibi reality offering might make you rethink everything you thought you knew about arbitration courts run by social media personalities.

1. Gayme Show - While I suspect some people would say Gayme Show, which is probably a game show that features homosexual men in some capacity, pushes the boundaries of good taste, I say "Don't judge a book by its cover." Since no one else will, I'll just say it: Quibi's Gayme Show is my #1 television pick of 2020, narrowly beating its closest competitor by only one place.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Looten Plunder posted:

Going to extend the deadline one more time to 10PM US EST Tuesday 19th of Jan

ty, this gave me the opportunity to update my list to the mandatory 10 entries

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Looten Plunder posted:

This didn't air in 2020. I'll allow a final edit if you want to fix ASAP.

done

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Please include the full, correct title of All the Feels by the Dodo, the show that is just as good as Archer.