Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I was trying to finish The Queens Gambit before the deadline but with GDQ and life stuff I didn’t get to it. Overall i realized I didn’t actually watch that much TV this year. While lots of people had more inside time, I had to learn how to film and give lectures online, so I was even busier than usual. Anyway, my list.

Honorable mention: The Last Dance
I grew up a huge Bulls fan, but since I went to NC State I am required to hate all things Carolina. Regardless, this was a fun documentary, and reminded me that I like basketball.

10. Upload
The premise for this was cute, but I found it a bit boring at times. A fun relaxing show that doesn’t make you think too much.

9. New Journey to the West
The 8th season was filmed under quarantine restrictions here in Korea so the cast couldn’t really go abroad or travel around much like they usually do, but they managed to put out what was probably their best season yet.

8. Ozark
It took me a while to get into season 3 but when I did I liked it. A big bummer though.

7. Lovecraft Country
Like many others I felt that the strong points of this were amazing, but some episodes were really weak. Lots of ups and downs here. The monsters in episode 8 were absolutely terrifying. I shrieked every time they came out.

6. The Queen’s Gambit
I finished this after the original deadline, and am glad I did. It dragged a bit at times, and was somewhat predictable, but it was still a fun show. The eyes on Beth are scary.

5. Dark
The finale was great, but also confused the hell out of me. I think I need to go back and watch the whole thing from the beginning. More people need to watch this.

4. The Mandalorian
Star Wars. I’m not sure I like how the episodes don’t really fit together sometimes, but the second half of the season was really good.

3. Better Call Saul
Good but so depressing. I need to go back and watch this from the beginning again sometime. I really think it may surpass Breaking Bad for me. Jimmy is such a lovable guy.

2. What We Do in the Shadows
Amazing. This season was even better than the first season. And as others have said, Jackie Daytona.

1. Ted Lasso
I had heard about this from others and wrote it off, but when I finally watched it I was hooked. This is a show that encourages you to hate it based on its premise alone, and then just gives you the biggest hug and makes you fall in love with it. Everyone needs to watch this show.

So that’s my 2020 in TV! Look forward to seeing the results.

Edit: finished The Queen’s Gambit and have edited my list.

cryptoclastic fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU