Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
10) Dark Side of the Ring - As someone who has been following wrestling for a long time, some of the stuff, the show misses on. But it doesn't matter, they put on a good TV show that tells some really sad stories in a way that I think non-wrestling fans would also enjoy.
09) House Hunters - Kind of a dumb show but I can watch it for hours and sometimes rewatch the episode I just watched 3 hours ago which is odd for me, a person who almost never rewatches anything at all ever. Brain turn off, Real Estate buyers go brrrr.
08) The Vow - This doc show makes a lot of weird choices, but it overall it's really compelling and they do such a good job of really conveying why someone could get sucked into it all, and why it was so important for them to get out.
07) Picco Picture Contest - The end of Adult Swim Streaming means the end of Picco and it's a real shame. I loved to watch and both try to vote my favorite pictures to the win, as well as to try to guess what the chat would vote for.
06) Survivor: Winners at War - I can't express how loving horrible season 39 of the show as and how close it came to me just dipping out of survivor for good. Season 40 delivered on everything it promised and then some, and had a way of feeling triumphant and important.
05) The Mandalorian - I really only started to watch this because it was all anyone was talking about in the stuff I consume. But drat does it go down smooth. Every episode is a dope western with nods to some of the underappreciated classics of cinema. Also the child is adorable.
04) Lovecraft Country - I wasn't sure I was going to like this but it really spoke to me. I'm someone who has always had interest in Lovecraft but have been hesitant to engage with the material due to how loving horrible Lovecraft was. I feel like this presents it in a way that I am good on consuming. I enjoy how many genres this show encompasses and that it's not afraid to be nerdy. I wish it was less problematic in matters of gender.
03) Inside the NBA - Often the best thing I watch every week is EJ, Kenny, Shaq and Chuck breaking down both what happened in tonight's games, and what is going on in the world. Are they always right? Hell no. But they're always interesting and always entertaining (well, as long as the main group is there).
02) Better Call Saul - A terrific show. One of the best ever. Rhea Seehorn is just amazing. Jimmy is such a loveable piece of poo poo. I love my time with this show.
01) FishCenter Live - For nearly every day at lunch from the spring of 2015 until the very end of the show at the holidays this year, I spent enjoying an (on average) hour of complimentary light entertainment about fishes competing for coins and points. I threw fist pumps in the air when the fish I loved won, and cried all day when fish I loved died. The hosts all made me laugh every day and it amazed me that they managed to find ways to keep it fresh and fun so often, while continuing to make the imaginary game more interesting. They had some of my favorite music acts on and some of my favorite writers and artists, and introduced me to new ones that I love. I don't consider myself an adult swim person, I don't watch most of the shows on the network (or at this point, any of the shows on the network) but I could really see the genius fueling Williams Street through these people, these are TV pros pros and deserved better. It broke my heart when the streams were canceled and gently caress AT&T forever for doing that man gently caress you forever AT&T, gently caress AT&T as a phone network, a media company and as a motherfucking crew. FishCenter Live: mourn you till I join you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I know these sorts of things are difficult, thank you for doing the work.