Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
First, superlatives.
The Most Network Show I Watched Award: What We Do In The Shadows
The Nothing Particularly to Say But I Did Like It Award: The Great
The Excellent Achievement in Sound Design Award: Devs
Pre-2020 Show I Which I Binged and Loved: Hannibal

And now...

10. Ramy
Seems at first like a formulaic entry in the Louie Deal genre, but the despicable depths to which Ramy descends become a sly critique of it.
9. The Eric Andre Show
Can't not love this show. I've been a fan for so long. The episode "Blannibal Quits" is the best of the season IMO.
8. Dave
I expected to hate this show and almost didn't watch it, but it made me laugh a lot and the exploration of mental health issues is legit.
7. The Boys
Anthony Starr is one of the best TV actors of all time with this show. He will work for the rest of his natural life.
6. The Vow
This show defies the traditional trajectory of docu-series by staying good beyond the first 2 episodes. It flabs out in the last 3, but by then you're hooked.
5. Search Party
No comedy does plot like this show. It's so, so fun and fast as hell when it's firing on all cylinders.
4. Better Call Saul
It's all been said, but across the seasons, the deliberate pace towards an outcome the audience suspects they already know is really something to behold. Probably my most anticipated show week-after-week this year.
3. The Good Lord Bird
Ethan Hawke screams and glowers this amazingly influential slice of American history to life. God bless this wonderful man.
2. Lovecraft Country
This is probably the most important show released this year. Representational victories and boundary-pushing sci-fi - absolutely loved it. "Strange Case" should win an Emmy.
1. How To With John Wilson
"Risotto"? "Furniture"??? This show is an instant all-timer, made more special in the quarantine year for putting the aimless sidewalk-wander back in my life, even before the finale.

Something Else fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
drat, I forgot about Corporate. They had a great season in 2020, hilarious show

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022