Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Redo of Healer is an anime based on the famous novel series by Rui Tsukiyo. It has a currently ongoing manga by Haga Souken and will begin airing in January 13th in a brand new anime. Reviews on it say that it's a wacky and fun adventure much like Konosuba that will likely thrill and amuse anime fans of all ages! There will be two airing versions, one on AT-X with more ecchi scenes and one on Tokyo MX and streaming for watchers of all ages.

Story

In a world threatened by the Demon Lord, village peasant Keyaru finds out that he has the extremely rare power of healing magic! Recruited by the Princess to join her party, he now travels with her group, in many zany adventures and antics!

quote:

Keyaru the Healer Hero

Our protagonist, he's optimistic and chivalrous, despite being saddled with a crappy healing power. He is also a bit of a perv!

quote:

Princess Freya the Magic Hero

The Crown Princess of the Kingdom of Jioral, she is a bit of a tsundere towards Keyaru, often bullying him but in fact cherishes him a lot!

quote:

Sword Hero Clara

The warrior of the party, she loves Freya so much she can't help but feel jealous of Keyaru, often bullying him as well, but is also a true friend to him.

quote:

Cannon Hero Brett

The cannoneer of the party, he often consoles Keyaru after he gets chewed out by the girls!
Anyways, anyone else is hyped for watching this? I'm a huge fan of the novels and I think that this is a series that will be Konosuba's new match during this season.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Dec 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Hey OP this looks interesting but i'm missing some information here, there appear to be 2 more girls in the poster then there are in your synopsis. Can they get a little blurb too? Personally I think the animal girl looks like a best girl, but I figure that the princess will be the one the mc gets closest to. Any indication what type of harem (cause it can't be an isekai without being one haha) this will be? Classic 1 girl wins, or are we perhaps lucky enough for a true harem end?

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Plutonis posted:

Reviews on it say that it's a wacky and fun adventure much like Konosuba that will likely thrill and amuse anime fans of all ages!

....Is this sarcasm or are the reviewers watching something completely different than I read? Cause I've read some of the manga, I am but a slave to at least trying the random isekai and fantasy manga I see, and it is/was...not any of what OP describes it as.

It was not "wacky and fun." It was an edgy power trip fantasy full of bad writing and (content warning) rape. Both the MC being raped and him raping multiple people.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I'll give it the three episode test.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Nice job on the OP, OP. :golfclap:

Baffled by the choice to animate this one but I guess it's on AT-X so.....

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Nice OP. Looking forward to watching a wholesome adventure.
Is that the same pink haired girl there? Her eyes seem to have changed, between those pictures.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

....Is this sarcasm or are the reviewers watching something completely different than I read? Cause I've read some of the manga, I am but a slave to at least trying the random isekai and fantasy manga I see, and it is/was...not any of what OP describes it as.

It was not "wacky and fun." It was an edgy power trip fantasy full of bad writing and (content warning) rape. Both the MC being raped and him raping multiple people.

From what I just glanced through the Manga it's revenge fantasy edge poo poo.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

I remember reading and rapidly dropping a manga like this. I was wondering if there were two mangas about healers or if the OP is a horrible bastard.

Edit: There are two series about healers, but this is the wrong one. The OP is full of lies, avoid this series like the plague, it's horrible misogynistic poo poo.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 2, 2021

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

You should have dropped this at

quote:

Our protagonist, he's optimistic and chivalrous, despite being saddled with a crappy healing power. He is also a bit of a perv!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:frogout:

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 2, 2021

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Bravo OP, bravo.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
this got licensed by sentai, btw

Jalisr
Dec 11, 2011
nice b8 m8 i r8 8/8 8)

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

every 5 years there needs to be a good bait and switch, keep people on their toes. naru taru. meguca. i forget what the one in 2016 was. now this. a proud tradition. in anime.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bump. Great show!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Always good to see some gay representation in non explicitly yaoi anime.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Acerbatus posted:

Always good to see some gay representation in non explicitly yaoi anime.

Yeah I don't think you'd like the representation here. Hint: They're all rapists

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

RatHat posted:

Yeah I don't think you'd like the representation here. Hint: They're all rapists

To be fair, so is all the straight representation. That's equality, right? (/s)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bump! First Episode today, anyone up for a simulwatch?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I trust plutoniss judgement so i will watch this.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Watching Redo of Healer on the big Tv.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

REdo of Healer/Peter Grill Marathon.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
watching this with my parents, seems like a good show to introduce them to anime. thanks for the recommendation OP

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

So, which is going to be the best anime this season? This or EX-ARM?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Haven't had time to check this out. So how is it?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

cant cook creole bream posted:

Haven't had time to check this out. So how is it?

It's alright but it's incredibly sappy. Like I get that his bonds of friendship are a big deal but they lay it on pretty thick.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It occured to me today that 'redo' in Japanese (yarinaoshi) contains the word for healing (naoshi). Sad that we have lost this deep lore from the english translation of the title

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

It also contains the verb "yaru"...

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I hope this becomes the new Boku no Pico wrt to anime recs for newbies.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Tamba posted:

It also contains the verb "yaru"...
Healing by... :aaaaa:

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It occured to me today that 'redo' in Japanese (yarinaoshi) contains the word for healing (naoshi). Sad that we have lost this deep lore from the english translation of the title

On the one hand :golfclap: for the wordplay, but still :stonk:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

I hope this becomes the new Boku no Pico wrt to anime recs for newbies.

This seems pretty bad but there's no way it's even approaching that, is it?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

This seems pretty bad but there's no way it's even approaching that, is it?

Is the moral value of violent rape and brainwashing (this show) versus statutory rape (BNP) really a debate we want to get into?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Wow, I'm properly shocked this is getting an anime. If they'll make an anime of this then I demand to get every bit of Konosuba animated to balance out the energy being put out into the world.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i hear the latest ep is extra rambunctious

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I know there's a depressing and obvious answer in here but how the gently caress does something like this get published let alone licensed and aired on TV?

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

I know there's a depressing and obvious answer in here but how the gently caress does something like this get published let alone licensed and aired on TV?

Think of the people who would want something like this.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Arcsquad12 posted:

There is a part of the population that it appeals to, and it probably meets the letter of whatever regulations apply to late-night broadcasts and/or private satellite networks.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I saw a tweet from the LN author and the anime apparently has a bigger female viewerbase than this season's medium lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So, depressing and obvious it is.