Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is AOC cancelled?
yes
no
goku
View Results

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

You can go back in the thread to see what she did. Basically, she went and found some other union who relies on rail freight (in this case, a grocery store or something in her district) who told her not to let the rail workers strike. So, the union - a different union - was begging her to PLEASE break this strike!

lmao that's impressively slimy politicking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
it’s almost certainly a lie too

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

You can go back in the thread to see what she did. Basically, she went and found some other union who relies on rail freight (in this case, a grocery store or something in her district) who told her not to let the rail workers strike. So, the union - a different union - was begging her to PLEASE break this strike!

lol what a piece of poo poo

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

that makes her smart

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
mama bear!

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Oh poo poo, yeah I remember when that happened

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

even for the minority of railroad workers that supported not striking, i doubt they appreciated the biden administration passing into law that they could not strike if they wanted

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Always
Overtly
Corrupt

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AOC was simply expressing her support for the Union Community (or PoU, People of Unions).

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1648349749651570695

she's in a hospital and not wearing a mask

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

did they bring back Craig kilborn???

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So how long will it take AOC to help break this upcoming WGA strike

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

KomradeX posted:

So how long will it take AOC to help break this upcoming WGA strike

local teamsters grocery produce rank and file are begging for new seasons of ted lasso

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Vomik posted:

did they bring back Craig kilborn???

According to wikipedia they are currently doing weekly celebrity guest hosts, including Al Franken.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvQGykWjZik

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Vomik posted:

local teamsters grocery produce rank and file are begging for new seasons of ted lasso

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vomik posted:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1679707842943516672

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/bigmadcrab/status/1690418591445745665

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nothing like becoming a House Rep in order to kickstart your career as an influencer

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Are those glasses even real lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmfao don't korean sunscreens contain skin bleachers

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Are those glasses even real lmao

Sorry to say, but the lenses do look to be prescription ones. I am now an AOC stan

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

biceps crimes posted:

Sorry to say, but the lenses do look to be prescription ones. I am now an AOC stan

Oh okay I wouldn't want to criticise AOC unfairly never mind

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Oh okay I wouldn't want to criticise AOC unfairly never mind

your due penance is three yas queens and a moment of silence for reflecting upon womens' struggles everywhere

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

https://twitter.com/metzgov/status/1734247930087845966

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

some would even say anti-semitic

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
shes running

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I wish it was off of a cliff.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Still in awe that the whole Bernie Bros thing was because a Trump thread poster was a dud root.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

we are now at the aiding and abetting a genocide stage
https://twitter.com/halalflow/status/1749413074333819351
https://twitter.com/MeetThePress/status/1751623112414617620

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Alexandria Hitler-Cortez

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

remember when she was hanging out with bolivian coup supporters lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
She has inherited the shoulder pads of power from Hillary

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

yellowcar posted:

remember when she was hanging out with bolivian coup supporters lol

or the incident with pelosi over some iron dome vote
nancy must've shown her photos of her relatives taken through a sniper sight

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no, i'm sure pelosi simply threatened her career. if aoc isn't there already, i'm sure in a few years she'll welcome the unexpected tragic deaths of family members to use as campaign fuel.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Doktor Avalanche posted:

or the incident with pelosi over some iron dome vote
nancy must've shown her photos of her relatives taken through a sniper sight

Please. Pelosi only told her that her invitation to next year's Met Gala was at risk.

AOC naturally broke down on the spot.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I don't think Pelosi pressured AOC into anything lol

AOC's explanation about why she voted in the way she did is very consistent with her other behavior (that she's kinda stupid and doesn't have any real values). According to her "it's because she wanted to promote peace between her Jewish and Arab constituents," which is the exact sort of nonsense I'd expect given her comments about the current genocide.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I don't think Pelosi pressured AOC into anything lol

AOC's explanation about why she voted in the way she did is very consistent with her other behavior (that she's kinda stupid and doesn't have any real values). According to her "it's because she wanted to promote peace between her Jewish and Arab constituents," which is the exact sort of nonsense I'd expect given her comments about the current genocide.

Yeah sure Pelosi must have just given her that gem of wisdom. That's what it was.

To be clear AOC is still a piece of poo poo for bowing to whatever threat Pelosi made to her, but to say there was no pressure from Pelosi makes zero sense.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
sure genocide is bad now but wait until we see fascism. she's so right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

tangy yet delightful posted:

Yeah sure Pelosi must have just given her that gem of wisdom. That's what it was.

To be clear AOC is still a piece of poo poo for bowing to whatever threat Pelosi made to her, but to say there was no pressure from Pelosi makes zero sense.

lol