Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Whew this...just this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wilderthanmild posted:

The muppets opening was good.

I forgot about that, would have liked to have watched it. Unlike what I'm about to watch.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Uh....he hasn't moved at all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Glad he walked off, dude must have been out cold.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Not sure I call that walking

I mean moving at all was an improvement so...

TJ excited about tackling a guy in the backfield so he's not worried.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Barreft posted:

Ben is so washed

I think his arm has died over the course of the season but it's still truly remarkable how good the Steelers are even if they are fraudulent. I mean this team won a lot of games even if they don't win another (they'll win another).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

They lucked into half those wins. There like an 8 and 8 team in quality. They got to play the NFC East like the rest of the 9+ win AFC North.

I mean even 8-8 looks a lot better than their offense recently is where I was going with that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ha, what?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I feel like I don't want to watch or hear about Conor McGregor anymore. And I have a fairly large tolerance for that whole type of thing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean Ben isn't even making good reads, arm aside.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think incomplete was the right call but I want it to be wrong.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, Finley looks hilarious even when he does something right.

I mean he read the play correctly at least.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

They should seriously be up like 13-0 or 17-0 right now.

I mean 'should' is doing a lot of work here considering their offense.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean if Finley had any athleticism at all he could do some damage on those runs.

Unfortunately....

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

It keeps the clock running you see.

Passer rating was always so hilariously bad but for years it was the only thing we had that approached something fancy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If I were someone who forgot that it was the Steelers I'd be kinda pissed about that forward progress call.

R.D. Mangles posted:

shame he's on the steelers, but snell owned in college, i saw him get thrown out of the Music City Bowl

I love Snell so much and wish he were anywhere else.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm not sure Ben could have gotten it to Claypool without that safety closing on the predictably underthrown ball. Corner had help over the top.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We're entering the phase of the game where I'm wondering if Mason Rudolph should be playing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I need to find that clip of Steve Smith telling him he loved him but man he's just bad. It was on youtube once and got memory holed at some point.

It was so incredibly sad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Guze posted:

whos this quarterback? seems like a real idiot

Sometimes you see plays where you understand why the quarterback didn't see a player, but the dots.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1341207601535709184

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think anyone has even made a Ben MVP joke yet, which was an actual thing not long ago.

Er, the jokes, but also the people actually trying to say that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I feel as though every time he drops back Finley sees TEE HIGGINS and every other eligible receiver.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Elephanthead posted:

So Steelers can miss the playoffs?

Nah they've clinched a playoff spot, the Browns can still take the division though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Elephanthead posted:

They must have the tiebreaker over the ravens

The Steelers won both games but the Ravens broke them by the entire team getting Covid and making them play on Wednesday afternoon.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

I did not want to watch a Steelers - Bengals game. Then I saw a bunch of people posting spider man memes about Ben Roethlisberger and the wad of gum at QB for the Bengals.

I ask again.

What the gently caress is going on?

I mean it's for real pure dominance for the Bengals D, the Steelers cannot move the ball at all. Bengals O is...well a work in progress but they've done enough.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Not the oddest years for that franchise.

They were the Kansas City/Omaha Kings later on, like they split games between the two cities. And later they decided to let Vlade make personnel decisions so maybe KC and Omaha lucked out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I love that his mugshot looks like he's mildly pleased with this or he just farted.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean, just because Bengals I'm now :ohdear: off of one great play on a WR screen for the Steelers.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

I mean, just because Bengals I'm now :ohdear: off of one great play on a WR screen for the Steelers.

Ok well it was a good half Cinci, I don't mind that I watched this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Finley has the long faced grimace of some character with no lines but a solid bit of camera time who's about to die in an old 80s action movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hughmoris posted:

The Bengals better not pull a Falcons tonight.

To be fair I think they have their own claim to this type of thing.