Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Blackwood is really good and I'd do that drop as well.

Trouba out 4-6 weeks, Dubois sitting out his 3rd straight with a lower body injury. I'm starting to not care about winning each week (because I'm not going to).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Ha ha! Lankinen gets a 29-save shutout tonight after I diss him. Fantastic!

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Glad I kept him; had a feeling it would be a low scoring game :) Have Blackwood now but I'm a little worried to play him vs Boston since goalie stats are carrying me this week

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Arabian Jesus posted:

Glad I kept him; had a feeling it would be a low scoring game :) Have Blackwood now but I'm a little worried to play him vs Boston since goalie stats are carrying me this week

Yeah, tough start against Boston but I have him slotted in for tonight. In for a penny, in for a pound!

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

I have no idea what's going on with Dallas this season but would picking up Jamie Benn be worth it? He's on the waiver so I probably won't get him but if it's worth a shot?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am concerned about Benn moving forward, because he's at an age where guys break down. He has 7 points in 10 games this year, but 5 of those points were in 2 games. He was one of the best players in the league, but he's been on a downward trend for the past 2 seasons, and I am unsure if he's going to change that.

It's worth a shot, depending on who you'd have to drop, but I don't expect much from him moving forward.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
if anyone in HHL is considering selling yet and has any expensive/unkeepable players, I have a few guys with varying degrees of keeper value

Boeser @ $43 next year (1y left)
Forsberg @ $27 next year (2y left)
Oshie @ $24 next year (2y left)
Girodano @ $18 next year (1y left)
Weber @ $3 next year (1y left)
Greenway @ $2 next year (2y left)

some of these are obviously better value than others but I am willing to move any and all of them to make my middling team into something resembling a contender

e: i think the years left is accurate because the draft year doesn't count as year 1 does it?

e2: it does, fixed

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 1, 2021

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

My all young player team is starting to look like it's paying off. In recent weeks, Drake Batherson, Necas, and Stuetzle are starting to heat up. Also, Sorokin may start getting more time now that he has had two shutouts in his last two starts.

Still can't believe Lafreniere is drop-worthy.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I have Shesterkin, Lankinen, and Peterson. All of them look stellar and I'd be quite willing to deal one of them. I could use a center/winger and would do a 2-for-2 as well.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Twin Cinema posted:

Still can't believe Lafreniere is drop-worthy.

The power of David Quinn!!!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Lafreniere is on a 3 game point streak. It just so happens that for the last three games he has been on the first line instead of the 3rd. I'm sure this is just a coincidence. I expect Quinn to set it back to normal as soon as Panarin is back

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Man, has Blackwood been awful since coming back from Covid. I'm sorry I recommended him! Hopefully he turns it around.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

It's been a good time to be a Grubauer owner

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I was feeling pretty good about my HHL team (You're Aho) going into the season but it's turned out to be a huge disappointment. On paper I still think it looks like a decent team but I'm getting destroyed every week. Playoffs are not going to happen so I'll consider trade offers on pretty much anyone if you have interesting potential keepers to dangle.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I was feeling pretty good about my HHL team (You're Aho) going into the season but it's turned out to be a huge disappointment. On paper I still think it looks like a decent team but I'm getting destroyed every week. Playoffs are not going to happen so I'll consider trade offers on pretty much anyone if you have interesting potential keepers to dangle.

Make me some offers - I'm interested in Bergeron.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Similarly, I'd be interested in Bergeron and/or Pastrnak. My best potential keepers that I'd be okay with moving at the moment are probably Comtois, Samsonov, or Oettinger; if any of them (or most everyone else on the roster tbh, I'm open to discussions) interest you let me know.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I made a list a few posts up of guys I'm looking to move if any of them interest you. I don't have Greenway anymore, but I do have Dobson for $2 next year that I would be willing to throw on the pile

e: lol you have Greenway now :shobon:

e2: Aho, Theodore, Zadorov, Pastrnak, Bergeron, and Demko are all guys I have interest in if you see anything that could center around any of them

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 23, 2021

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Sorry I should have mentioned that Pastrnak is like 99% untouchable because
1. I'm a huge fanboy homer and
2. He started the season on IR which means I was able to get him for $72, which means I can keep him on my roster for less than what he'd likely go for in the draft another 2 years

fawning deference posted:

Make me some offers - I'm interested in Bergeron.

You don't really have any young/cheap keeper options that make sense to me. I am interested in are Heiskanen and Rantanen, but only if they still have keeper eligibility for next season, and I'm also assuming you don't want to trade either of them.

mentholmoose posted:

Similarly, I'd be interested in Bergeron and/or Pastrnak. My best potential keepers that I'd be okay with moving at the moment are probably Comtois, Samsonov, or Oettinger; if any of them (or most everyone else on the roster tbh, I'm open to discussions) interest you let me know.

Same note as above but for Stone. Samsonov is interesting too but I already have Demko for the same price and with the same amount of keeper-eligible years.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I made a list a few posts up of guys I'm looking to move if any of them interest you. I don't have Greenway anymore, but I do have Dobson for $2 next year that I would be willing to throw on the pile

e: lol you have Greenway now :shobon:

e2: Aho, Theodore, Zadorov, Pastrnak, Bergeron, and Demko are all guys I have interest in if you see anything that could center around any of them

Just looked at your other post and you have a lot of interesting options for me to think about, and I'll trade any of those players you're interested in (aside from Pastrnak). I might send you a request in the next day or two. Is there anyone else on my roster you like?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm mainly interested in those guys I listed but Connor, Zucc, and Forbort are guys that I would be willing to take back if it made a deal work. Greenway was also a guy that I didn’t really want to cut but was just the odd man out when I grabbed Wahlstrom, so I guess I would add him in with those 3 as well

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Mar 23, 2021

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Rantanen loses his keeper status after this season. Heiskanen has a couple left at a very low price.

Ty Smith for $1 is a nice piece and I would certainly trade him - obviously not for Bergeron, though. If you have an interest, make me any offers you'd like and we can go from there.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Same note as above but for Stone. Samsonov is interesting too but I already have Demko for the same price and with the same amount of keeper-eligible years.

Unfortunately Stone's ineligible to be kept next season. Which really sucks for me cause he's been one of my best players.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
This season has been very bad for me across all my leagues, feels like things just haven't really been 'normal' this season and you need to keep a close eye on things to make sure the team is doing well... and I haven't had time to do that. Now I'm basically out of the playoffs in all my leagues... terrible. Ah well, it's part of the difficulty of making fantasy hockey work in an off timezone.

Hopefully next season will be more... predictable?

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I started out good but I've been super busy the past month or so and haven't been able to keep up with all the injuries/covid.

In HHL, at least. LSL was doomed from the start.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Sorry I should have mentioned that Pastrnak is like 99% untouchable because
1. I'm a huge fanboy homer and
2. He started the season on IR which means I was able to get him for $72, which means I can keep him on my roster for less than what he'd likely go for in the draft another 2 years

You don't really have any young/cheap keeper options that make sense to me. I am interested in are Heiskanen and Rantanen, but only if they still have keeper eligibility for next season, and I'm also assuming you don't want to trade either of them.

Just looked at your other post and you have a lot of interesting options for me to think about, and I'll trade any of those players you're interested in (aside from Pastrnak). I might send you a request in the next day or two. Is there anyone else on my roster you like?

We have gone back and forth on trade offers and I feel like we are close to something - do you want to counter? I didn't want to lose Tolvanen because I think I might keep him for $1 - he's putting up lots of points now and he's a hits machine.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

We have gone back and forth on trade offers and I feel like we are close to something - do you want to counter? I didn't want to lose Tolvanen because I think I might keep him for $1 - he's putting up lots of points now and he's a hits machine.

Yeah thats exactly why I want him actually. Since I am not going to make the playoffs I am looking for cheap potential keepers. I'll send you a different offer.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yeah thats exactly why I want him actually. Since I am not going to make the playoffs I am looking for cheap potential keepers. I'll send you a different offer.

Cool - yeah I don't mind dealing Heiskanen for the right offer, but Rantanen is not eligible to keep next year, so I don't want to lose two potential keepers in a trade - my team isn't doing well enough to do so.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Cool - yeah I don't mind dealing Heiskanen for the right offer, but Rantanen is not eligible to keep next year, so I don't want to lose two potential keepers in a trade - my team isn't doing well enough to do so.

Heiskanen isn't eligible to be kept either, I checked and he was drafted in 18-19 (by me, actually) then traded to the team you inherited which kept him for 19-20 and now 20-21

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Double post but I was also just thinking that one nice thing about this weird shortened COVID season is that it feels like the next fantasy season is going to pick up much sooner than usual. Kind of fun in a keeper format for it to just keep rolling like that.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Heiskanen isn't eligible to be kept either, I checked and he was drafted in 18-19 (by me, actually) then traded to the team you inherited which kept him for 19-20 and now 20-21

Ah, got it. No worries, so yeah, I'll need some keepers. Just accepted your offer, though, thanks!

So I think what I'll probably do is keep Tolvanen for $1, Toffoli for $4, Shesterkin for $3, and one of my other two goalies as well.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Ah, got it. No worries, so yeah, I'll need some keepers. Just accepted your offer, though, thanks!

So I think what I'll probably do is keep Tolvanen for $1, Toffoli for $4, Shesterkin for $3, and one of my other two goalies as well.

Yeah thanks for the trade. I think it'll help put me in a better position for next year.

My keeper situation now is these two
Pastrnak for $86
Boeser for $43

plus some combination of the rest of these guys - basically whoever seems to be doing the best at the end of the year I guess
Tarasenko ($23)
Lankinen ($12)
Demko ($3)
Drysdale ($2)
Greenway ($2)
Dach ($2)
Ty Smith ($2)
Dobson ($2)

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 28, 2021

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Nice. Looking at my roster again, I think keeping Devon Toews for $11 is also legit.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Deciding to throw this year, and focus on young guys who could be cheap keepers didn't work out exactly as I had expected. I did draft some decent players, but no one really set the world on fire. Looking towards next year, I think my keepers are going to be:

(this year's cost in brackets)

Nikita Kucherov ($23)
Adam Fox ($31)
Ilya Sorokin ($29)
Martin Necas ($1)
Kirill Kaprizov ($34)
Drake Batherson ($1)

I am leaning towards the top 3 guys (obviously Kucherov is the only sure thing at this point), and while I really like Kaprizov, getting Necas for $1 may be a better deal.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I would keep both Kaprizov and Necas and drop Sorokin. Varlamov is still going to be The Guy as long as he's playing like he is and on a contract with the Islanders. Using a keeper slot on a backup goalie, even a super promising one, seems like a waste to me.

I kept Demko last year for the very same reasons but Vancouver's situation was/is a little different.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I would keep both Kaprizov and Necas and drop Sorokin. Varlamov is still going to be The Guy as long as he's playing like he is and on a contract with the Islanders. Using a keeper slot on a backup goalie, even a super promising one, seems like a waste to me.

I kept Demko last year for the very same reasons but Vancouver's situation was/is a little different.

You are not wrong. I think I decided it without thinking that hard about it. Yeah, I am unsure how much time Sorokin will actually get, no matter how well he does. Also, I have Carter Hart, who I think I have for one more year for super cheap, but I can't even justify that.

Also, oddly, I didn't realize Necas was nearly a PPG player. I knew his point totals, but didn't see how many games he had played. I think him and Kaprizov have to both be must keeps.

Thanks for the help.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Necas has been incredible for most of this season, I would say he's a keeper. I think he's a 60-70 point player next year.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

kucherov, necas, kaprizov, and fox for under $90 is very good, I would be happy with that

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Does anyone watch Preds game? Eeli Tolvanen is available and his hits and offense look pretty solid. Google says he's playing on the first line but haven't watched Nashville all year to know if there's something I'm missing

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Arabian Jesus posted:

Does anyone watch Preds game? Eeli Tolvanen is available and his hits and offense look pretty solid. Google says he's playing on the first line but haven't watched Nashville all year to know if there's something I'm missing

Get him now

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Makar or Girard? Categories are are Goals, Assists, PP, Shots, Hits and Blocked Shots